Wednesday 5 September 2018

Giant Zenmarket Haul - AFTERSCHOOL & Pungdeng-E

After a few months break from Zenmarket, another haul has appeared at my mailbox and this one is the largest yet! Recently I came across this amazing listing of 20 AFTERSCHOOL albums and I was just amazed at it. The set featured a variety of Japanese singles and albums from the group along with some Korean albums. The main thing that attracted me to this set was the fact the seller was including the full set of Heaven Mu-Mo singles. I've never seen the actual full box set available so I just had to get it because of that. Here's a picture of all the CD's I received plus the one Pungdeng-E single I have been searching for a long time for.


Some of the singles and albums I got had photocards which is rare to see sellers include them for used CD's. I was quite happy to see a number of Lizzy ones included as she is the only member of the group I'm interested in collecting photocards for. I will be posting reviews and more photos of all these CD's eventually. So in my order, I received the following singles & albums:

  • Bang! - CD+DVD Type A
  • Bang! - CD+DVD Type B
  • Bang! - CD Only
  • Diva - CD+DVD Type A
  • Diva - CD+DVD Type B
  • Lady Luck/Dilly Dally - CD+DVD (MV Edition)
  • Lady Luck/Dilly Dally - CD+DVD (Live Edition)
  • Lady Luck/Dilly Dally - CD Only
  • Rambling Girls/Because Of You - CD+DVD (Because Edition)
  • Rambling Girls/Because Of You - CD Only
  • PLAYGIRLZ - CD+DVD (MV Edition)
  • PLAYGIRLZ - CD Only
  • Shh - CD+DVD Edition
  • Heaven - CD+DVD Edition
  • Heaven - CD Only
  • Heaven - Mu-Mo 8CD Set
  • Dress To Kill - CD+DVD+Photobook(Japan Version)
  • Virgin - CD+Photobook (Korean Album)
  • Happy Pledis - The First Single Hazel Eyes - CD+Photobook (Korean Single)
  • Cheot Sarang 첫사랑 (First Love) - The 6th Maxi Single - CD+Photobook (Korean Single)
  • Pungdeng-E - Japan 1st Single 側にいて (Stay) - Type B CD Only

First I'll talk about the Pungdeng-E single before we get into all the AFTERSCHOOL ones. I had been searching for this CD for a long time. I have their 1st Japanese Album Ppi Ppi Ppa Ppa ピピパパ but never saw the single available anywhere online. It seems it's one of those fun releases that you can only get at selected times at certain physical stores in Japan. Those types of releases frustrate me as they are always nearly impossible to get hold of. Luckily I found the Type B version of the single on Zenmarket for quite cheap so I brought it. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I'm excited to hear some more Japanese tracks from the group.

Japan 1st Single 側にいて (Stay)

Now onto the AFTERSCHOOL CD's and there's a lot of them. Most of the CD's were ones I had on my J-Pop wishlist so it was great to be able to cross so many off at once. I did get a few doubles as I already own the CD Only editions of Heaven, Bang! and Lady Luck/Dilly Dally as well as the CD+DVD+Photobook of Dress To Kill. I'll sell the doubles as I need to space in collection and it would be nice for another fan to have them for their collection. And I'd like to thank the seller for keeping the original plastic sleeves on the CD's. I absolutely love when CD's come with the high quality plastic sleeves and it's always great if the original promo stickers are still on them too. All the non-cardboard sleeve editions included the OBI's so big shout out to the seller for having those because I love those!


With the photocards, I only got doubles of one luckily! I already have the group photocard from Diva so that was the only one. I've always been a fan of the design of AFTERSCHOOL's Japanese photocards as they are always high quality and never those awful selfie style ones I don't like. It annoys me that the Heaven cards are slightly smaller than the rest, what's up with that? I shall have to do a photocard post eventually as I've got quite a few now considering I don't focus on collecting them.

AFTERSCHOOL Photocards

The set I brought came with all three versions of AFTERSCHOOL's debut Japanese single Bang! I already had the CD version but the seller included a unopened one. I opened the single to see if there was a photocard but there wasn't sadly so the CD mustn't be First Press. I got an E-Young photocard with the set, I seem to get her card quite a lot. The CD+DVD editions come with the cardboard sleeve which is nice. Most of the singles and albums I received have this sleeve if they are the CD+DVD edition.


CD+DVD MV Edition, CD+DVD Live Edition & CD Only of Bang!

Onto Diva which is the group's second Japanese single. I already own the CD Only version so with the addition of these two CD+DVD editions, I have the complete set now! Lovely plastic sleeves with the original promotional sticker on the CD's. Got two photocards with these CD's, the group one which I already own and E-Young's once again.



CD+DVD MV Edition & CD+DVD Live Edition of Diva

Onto some new additions to my collection with the CD+DVD Because Edition and CD Only Edition of Rambling Girls/Because Of You. I quite like the futurist style outfits the girls wear on the cover and in the MV. I got two photocards which were Kahi and Nana.


CD+DVD (Because Edition) & CD Only of Rambling Girls/Because Of You

Onto the beautiful pastel design of Lady Luck/Dilly Dally. Now I already own the CD Only Edition of this which I've posted a review of before. But not I have the whole set with the addition of both CD+DVD Editions. These are my favourite singles from the order as I love the design and colours used. I already have Juyeon's photocard from the single and now Lizzy and Jung-A can join her. I was so thankful to see Lizzy's card included as she's my fave and I wanted her card for Lady Luck/Dilly Dally so bad.


CD+DVD MV Edition, CD+DVD Live Edition & CD Only of Lady Luck/Dilly Dally

Here is the Heaven singles I got in the order. The CD Only Edition is a double as I had that already from a few years ago. The CD+DVD and Mu-Mo set are new to my collection. As I mentioned before, the Mu-Mo box set is rare to find so I'm excited to have it. It was unopened as well with the original plastic packaging. It's quite weighting as it's eight cases and you have to be careful as the cardboard sleeve can slip off easily. Here are some photos of the front and back covers of the individual Mu-Mo CD's. Each member has their own CD plate and cover with the CD having the same image as the photocards. Speaking of photocards, I got Lizzy and Juyeon. Hooray for another Lizzy card! I've got E-Young's card already so they can join her in the collection.


CD Only, CD+DVD & Mu-Mo Box Set of Heaven

Front cover of Heaven Mu-Mo editions

Back cover of Heaven Mu-Mo editions

Last single in the order is the CD+DVD Edition of Shh. I got the CD Only version of the single a few months ago from YesAsia. A new member has appeared for the photocard with U-ie's card being included with the CD.


CD+DVD Edition of Shh

Now for the albums! A few years ago, I got the digital copy of the group's first Japanese album PLAYGIRLZ so I've never really been after the physical versions until now. The set included the CD+DVD (MV Edition) and CD Only versions. The CD Only one isn't worth much to me as the bonus track is an Orange Caramel song I already own. The lyrics booklets are same for both which is always boring when groups do that. Got another Kahi card and a Raina card who I only have an Orange Caramel one of. I have to say the outfits for this album cover are just awful, I don't know what the stylists were thinking.


CD+DVD MV Edition & CD Only of PLAYGIRLZ

Another double appeared with the CD+DVD+Photobook version of Dress To Kill. I actually own the First Press Limited Edition from Taiwan brand new, so I'll probably sell this. The copy is in quite good condition, but no plastic sleeve like mine has. No photocard either and no difference from the Taiwan edition. Happy Pledis - The First Single Hazel Eyes - CD+Photobook which is a Korean single from the group was included in the set. Not something I've thought about collecting before, but I discovered that the photobook is so cute!


Dress To Kill & Happy Pledis Single

Two more Korean releases were included with one of them being the group's first and only Korean full length album Virgin. I've actually never listened to this so I'm excited to have it. The photobook is gorgeous and I like how it's seperated in two with dates listed of when members joined. I got E-Young's student card as it's her first release as well as Jung-A's photocard.


Virgin Album

Last but not least is the other Korean single included which is 
Cheot Sarang 첫사랑 (First Love) - The 6th Maxi Single from AFTERSCHOOL. I was over the moon that the edition included was Lizzy's. It was meant to be! This single is quite big and the album is a normal sized book which is a first for my collection. Most of my Korean releases are the usual photobook stuck inside the case or lift-out ones. So it's nice to have something different for a change.

Cheot Sarang 첫사랑 (First Love) - The 6th Maxi Single

This order ticked quite a few CD's off my J-Pop wishlist and AFTERSCHOOL collection. So now I'm only missing the following Japanese releases from them. I'm not sure if I'll collect more Mu-Mo versions of all the members, I'm only interested in Lizzy or Nana's honestly as they are my top members.


  • Rambling Girls/Because Of You - CD+DVD (Rambling Edition)
  • Heaven - CD+Photobook
  • Shh - CD+Photobook
  • Shh - CD Mu-Mo Lizzy Edition
  • Shh - CD Mu-Mo Nana Edition
  • Shine - Lizzy (Mu-Mo Music Card)
  • PLAYGIRLZ - CD+DVD+GOODS (Live Edition)
  • Dress To Kill - CD Only
  • Dress To Kill - CD Mu-Mo Lizzy Edition
  • The Best of AFTERSCHOOL 2009-2012 ~Korean Version~ - CD+DVD
  • BEST - CD Only
  • BEST - CD+DVD (Live Edition)
  • BEST - CD+DVD (MV Edition)
  • BEST - CD Mu-Mo Edition

Quick review of the service and packaging. Zenmarket was great as usual and everything went smoothly. Shipping was actually decent as I thought it was going to be much more to ship nearly 4kg of stuff to Australia. The funny thing was the cheapest option was the quickest with 2 to 4 days. It came in this gigantic box wrapped in bubble wrap. The CD's were bundled in different plastic bags and arranged to fit in the box. The largest single Cheot Sarang 첫사랑 (First Love) was lying flat at the bottom of the box. Nothing was damaged and all the CD's I received were in great condition. All the AFTERSCHOOL CD's were from the same listing and the Pungdeng-E one was a seperate listing. Zenmarket did a great job collating everything together into one box and made me feel more confident to bundle large orders together in the future. Excuse the darker photos than normal of the packaging, I received the order when I was at work and could only take pictures when it was night time.






No comments:

Post a Comment