Monday 10 September 2018

30 Day Cosplay Challenge Day 10 - Barbie

Now today's cosplay was a tricky one and was a bit outside the box. I thought it would be a challenge to try and cosplay the outfit that one of my Barbie dolls has one. The doll was one I got from the Barbie By You promotion that was around a few years at Myer for the Christmas period. The promotion allowed you to design your own Barbie doll from a selection available via an iPad. I got this brunette Petite style Fashionista who originally came with a blue printed dress. I've swapped her outfit for this tennis skirt style dress I got in a fashion pack. I attached a picture of the doll for reference and she also had on a pair of cat ears nowadays which aren't in the photo.



I quite love the design of this dress in real life so I thought it would be fun to find the copy of it in Styling Star. I ended up combining some items from Marzipan Sky and April Bonbon for the upper part of the outfit. The shirt doesn't have the same print, but I choose it because of the blue detail around the collar. Grabbed some cat ears from Purple Moon to finish the outfit off. I might try to post some pictures of my doll in the future with the full outfit on.







No comments:

Post a Comment