Wednesday 6 June 2018

kikki.K 2018 Diary Review

Since it is now halfway through 2018, I thought it was the perfect time to write a review of the diary I have been using this year. For years I used a Rilakkuma scheduler from Taiwan bu unfortunately they stopped making the item so for 2018 I had to find an alternative. This year I've been trying out a new diary from the kikki.K brand and it's just perfect. 



The diary I have been using is the 2018 Diary from the Sweet line which was available late last year through kikki.K. Usually I don't shop at kikki.K as it's on the pricier side stationery wise but I needed to get a diary quickly and ended up there. The day I went they were having 20% everything store wide so I picked the diary up for a good deal. I went with the larger sized one as I wanted plenty of space to write in. Whilst I loved the Rilakkuma schedulers, they were quite small and not much room to write more than a few words in some sections.



The 2018 Diary from the Sweet line comes with the following contents and sections:

  • Sturdy plastic cover
  • Sticker book
  • Bookmark
  • Two ribbon bookmarks
  • Yearly Calendar for 2018 and 2019.
  • Monthly View
  • Weekly View
  • Lists for wishlists, movies, websites and books.
  • Restaurants & Bars Page
  • Books Pages
  • Addresses Section
  • International Public Holidays Lists
  • Lined Pages for Notes
  • Blank Pages for Notes
  • Lift-out Shopping & To-Do lists









The diary has a super adorable aesthetic to it and features lots of illustrations of home and nature themed objects and characters. Each month features illustrations linked to the season such as scarfs for winter and leaves for autumn. The cute animal ones are my favourite especially the silly looking pugs.




The monthly spread is extremely helpful and is located at the beginning of the diary. I find it easy to open up the page and see how my schedule looks for the month. The monthly spread also has a column on the side to write notes in and I use this to write in pays, project and to-do lists for the month. One thing that I always need to have when I get a new diary is the week to a view. Not a fan of diaries where you have to turn the page to write on days such as Saturdays or Sundays. Each day in the kikki.K diary has plenty of room to write in and I have enough room to write activities for the day as well as checklists and notes about things such as online orders or forms. I like that the weekend days have a criss-cross or check background so that you can tell them apart from the weekdays. Nowadays most people work weekends so I'm not fussed about diaries that separate the weekday from the weekend as it doesn't really apply to me. The diary is a great size to fit into your bag and the plastic cover prevents damage.

As I mentioned before, the diary contains a bunch of lists at the back of the diary. It's a fun idea to keep track of your adventures and interests throughout the year. I quite like the restaurant one as it helps me remember what places are good to eat at. Addresses is a section I hardly use as I don't really write down my friend's addresses much as I just recall where they live. The notes pages are useful! I'm been using those to keep track of online orders and it helps a lot. The shopping and to-do lists are perforated so you can pull them out. Yet to use those because I just don't want to tear them out as they're so beautiful.




The diary is high quality as expected from kikki.K! The paper is amazing to write on and doesn't bleed with certain pens or pencils. Works quite well with inked stamps and stickers stick down to the paper perfectly. That's a key feature for me when it comes to paper stationery, I can't stand ones that make my pens bleed through. The paper in the diary is a soothing yellow tone which is soft on the eyes.


An exciting feature about this diary is that each month you get access to special offers from kikki.K! These are only available to customers who purchase any diary from kikki.K and are offers such as free items or exclusive printables. For example the offer for June is a free gift card. I have yet to use any of the special offers as they are usually items I don't really need and I don't visit kikki.K very often.



One of the reasons I brought this diary was for the sticker book that came with the diary. It's just too cute! The stickers match the illustrations from the interior pages and are that transparent style of sticker with the clear edging. I have yet to use any of the illustrations ones as they are so beautiful but I'm always using the word ones. I wish they had included more pages of these as you can run out quick of certain words. That's the one negative I have about this diary and I would've liked to have more word stickers available or be able to easily buy refills. I shall also mention you get a cute bookmark with the diary which is a sturdy cardstock style one that says 'MAKE IT MATTER'. I haven't really used this much as I use the ribbon bookmarks mainly but I just keep it at the back near the notes section.







Overall I'm quite pleased with this diary as it has all the sections I need and cute illustrations to match. As I mentioned before, I would've liked more word stickers included in the sticker book. I'll definitely be getting another kikki.K diary for 2019 as I think it is worth the investment and the paper is high quality.

Thought I'd also share what I use to write and decorate with on the pages of the diary! I always use the Angelic Colour Gel Ink Roller Ball Pens for Uni-ball Signo. I've been using these pens for an extremely long time as the ink works well for my writing style and the pastel colours are great. I have the 8-pack of the pens which was hard to find here but I can easily buy new pens in individual colours at Officeworks if one runs out. I use different colours for each topic in the diary, for example purple for work, pink for social, blue for birthdays, etc. I also use the small stickers from Daiso that I've blogger about previously and I mainly use those on the monthly spread pages and to mark special things on the weekly spread. Stamp wise I mainly use a inked stamp set from Daiso and rubber stamps from this stamp set I got from Kawaii Pen Shop. I've blogged about the Daiso stamp before (along with the stickers) but the stamp set I still need to do a post about as it's a great set from an amazing store. 


Angelic Colour Gel Ink Roller Ball Pen Set

No comments:

Post a Comment