Saturday 16 June 2018

Amazon Japan Haul - MOMOLAND, Girls' Generation & Books

This is the first order I've received from Amazon Japan for a fair while and it probably will be the last for a long time. This is because the government is bringing in new GST restrictions for online stores and Amazon has decided to cut Australia from using their overseas site. Not entirely sure what will happen on July 1st when the changes come in effect, but as soon as I heard the news last month I placed an order straight away on Amazon Japan for some items I was after. So here are the items I received in my recent order! 



I got a Chara Parfait キャラぱふぇゲーム magazine which is the 2018 Winter Special released in December last year. The main reason I got this magazine was for the ガールズモード 4 Girls Mode 4 content, but you also got a cute Sumikko Gurashi playing cards set. The cards come in a nice steel case which I haven't set up yet, they're still in the cardboard box. I'll blog about the ガールズモード 4 pages on here soon as there are some great pictures of the game in the magazine. I have an older issue of the Chara Parfait magazine which was devoted to ガールズモード  3 Girls Mode 3 and I've written a detail blog post about that here!


Sumikko Gurashi playing cards.

ガールズモード 4 pictures of brand representatives.

Picked up this adorable needle felting book because I wanted to learn how to make animals. Also mainly because it has the cutest Shiba Inu's in it and I need to know how to make like a million of them.




The next item was kind of a random purchase as I originally wasn't planning on getting it. Since Amazon is changing soon, I thought I'd look through for any cheap items I could add to my order. When I was going through artists that I'm looking to collect albums of, this Girls' Generation single came up for only 300JPY. It was on sale from about 2000JPY and no clue why it was so cheap. So I thought why not for only 300JPY plus 300JPY shipment fee per item.


Girls Generation Party single.

Now for the item that was the whole reason I placed this order. Last month I pre-ordered MOMOLAND's debut Japanese single BBoom BBoom on Amazon mainly because I had a gift voucher to use for the site. I'm glad I did order the single through Amazon and not my usual YesAsia as you got a special sticker if you ordered the limited editions of the single through different stores in Japan. Lucky I got this as the single doesn't come with any photocards. I got Daisy's sticker which I'm happy about because she's one of faves in the group. The single is actually quite big, I was expecting normal k-pop album size but it almost the size of a piece of paper! I got the Limited Edition B version of the single which includes the CD and photobook and I will be posting a more detailed review of the single in the next few days.


Limited Edition B of BBoom BBoom with Daisy's sticker.

Onto a shipping and packaging review which is easy to talk about since Amazon Japan is always good. I placed my order last month as I had to pre-order the MOMOLAND single and Amazon emailed me on Sunday night saying my order will be split in two for faster shipment. The first package went out Monday with everything but the MOMOLAND single and it arrived on Thursday so only a few days. The MOMOLAND single shipped on Wednesday the 13th which was the single release date. The single arrived here on Friday so same about of time as the first package. Tracking was amazing, DHL Express kept sending my instant SMS updates on the status of my order. It even told me how many orders were being delivered before me. The first order came in a Amazon box which was a big squished on the sides but no serious damage to any of the items. Amazon Japan seals your products together so everything stays in one piece. The second package which was just the single came in a envelope which I've never had from Amazon Japan before. I was confused at the size when the courier gave it to me. Not my favourite packaging method as there is no support for the single and luckily it wasn't too bent. Only a small slight wrap bend on one corner which can easily be fixed. Here's some photos of the packaging of my order.



Box was a bit squished on the sides.

Envelope packaging of the MOMOLAND single.

2 comments:

  1. Man, it really sucks that your country is getting axed from Amazon.jp! I frequently buy stuff from there because of the super fast delivery and the convenience. I used to use CDJapan for all my CD orders but I've since switched to Amazon.jp because I get way more bang for my buck shipping-wise. I also like to buy Japanese collector's editions of some games (because sometimes the North American counterparts don't exist), so I'd be totally lost without Amazon.jp! Have you got a Plan B ready?

    The playing cards and the tin are super cute! I'm looking forward to seeing your needle felting projects as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's not too good, but some big businesses here have been campaigning to get overseas retailers banned/pay GST for years and it finally went through. Hopefully my other suppliers won't have too many issues, Zenmarket is just charging 10% extra of the item value now which is ok. I mainly used Amazon Japan as sometimes albums were cheaper or exclusive on there and I got my Japanese books there. I guess my plan B would be trying out CDJapan if the shipping isn't too high. I can get most of my J-Pop stuff from YesAsia. Amazon Australia is bringing in some Amazon Global thing but none of us can figure it out yet what it includes.

      The playing cards are super cute! I'll probably put them with the Memory Game I got from Club Nintendo.

      Delete