Wednesday 13 June 2018

Daiso Adventures & Haul

Visited Daiso a few times in the recent weeks and picked up some new cute items. So I thought I'd put them all into one big post to share what I found. First off, Daiso finally got my all time favourite stickers back in stock! I've been waiting to see if they got them back in and they finally did. I was so happy when I saw them so I picked up two packets this time so I have enough to last me a while.


Found them!


Daiso had some other adorable stickers in stock over the last few weeks. The store has this range called Animal Party that is available in a variety of items such as post-its, stickers, note paper and letter sets. I took a photo of the Shiba Inu ones as that breed of dog is my all time favourite animal. Haven't picked these up yet as whilst the illustration is cute, it's not the normal style of Shiba illustration that I'm drawn towards.




When I visited Daiso back at the end of May, they had gotten some new needle felting supplies in. Picked up two of those to experiment with and I'm happy they had the needle holder one as I wanted to try using two needles at once. Daiso has a great selection of sewing and craft supplies and is always worth a look. I like how often Daiso cycles their stock and brings new items in. Most stores here I find keep the same stock for months and hardly get new stuff in. So whenever I go to Daiso, it's like a new experience each time to find what's new.



Here are the two needle felting supplies that I picked up. I got a set of needles which are listed as the standard needle gauge type. I haven't broken my current needle yet so I'm not sure when I'll need to replace it. The other item I picked up was a needle holder that holds two needles. I saw on a youtube video that apparently using two needles can speed up the felting process. I think it will be handy having a handle to hold onto as well. One problem with this item though is that the holder is impossible to open! I almost broke a nail trying to open it when I was looking at the item. It says easy open but I've yet to get it open with no trouble.




Lastly here is an Daiso item I actually brought a while ago and just never shared it. I found this stamp set a few months ago and got it for my stamp collection. The set features five cute designs themed around Japan. I like the design of having the stamps stack on top of each other and the stamp is easy to stock because of its slim design. Stamp wise, it's not the best one I've seen. I'm not a huge fan of inked stamps and prefer the rubber ones that I can ink myself. I tested each stamp out on a piece of paper and it was tricky to get a perfect stamp. Might take some testing to find the right pressure for the stamp and how to get the ink to not bleed at the start. I've seen journal artists from Japan on Instagram use this stamp so you can get a nice stamp from it, I just haven't had much luck yet.




Some test stamps with the new Daiso stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment