Sunday 17 June 2018

MOMOLAND BBoom BBoom (Japanese Version) - Single Review (Limited Edition B CD+Photobook Edition)

BBoom BBoom is the debut Japanese single from Korean Pop group MOMOLAND. The girls are off to conquer the Japanese market with the Japanese version of their hit song BBoom BBoom. The physical editions of the single was released this week and I received a copy of the single in the mail this week so let's do a review of it!


MOMOLAND's debut Japanese single BBoom BBoom with member sticker.

BBoom BBoom was released in June 2018 and is available in three editions: Regular CD Only, Limited Edition A CD+DVD and Limited Edition B CD+Photobook. Both Limited Editions and First Press Regular Editions come with an event ticket. No photocard is included with the single however if you ordered or purchased it from certain retailers in Japan, you got a member stick. I purchased the Limited Edition B which contains the following contents:

  • CD- 4 track album
  • Photobook
  • Member Sticker
  • Event Ticker
  • Plastic Sleeve Cover

Close-up of the front cover.

The design of the photobook is themed around the tropical look of the MV. The front cover has the girls in the beauitful white outfits and the photobook contains photos of this same outfit as the t-shirt look from the MV as well. The back cover has a photo of the girls enjoying a sunset and information about the single. I think the back cover is quite pretty and well designed. One thing about this single is that its giant! I thought it was going to be the same size as most k-pop albums but it's actually about the size of a piece of A4 paper. It's taller than MOMOLAND's Welcome To MOMOLAND Mini Album but much thinner. I was amazed at the size of the single when I got it in the mail. The single is a nice quality paper and is not a hardcover photobook. Kinda reminds me of Orange Caramel's やさしい悪魔 Yasashii Akuma (My Sweet Devil) photobook which I reviewed recently. The CD is housed in a slip sleeve cover at the back of the album. My CD was in perfect condition with no damages and I wish companies would stop with these unprotected covers, one speck of something in the sleeve and your CD is done for. The CD has a green tone to it which matches in with the look of the single.


Back cover.

Front cover.

CD sleeve at the back of the photobook.

BBoom BBoom CD

The main reason I got this edition of the single was for the photobook. MOMOLAND is currently my main group that I follow so it was worth getting this Limited Edition first. The photobook is stunning with a variety of sized images of the girls. Each member gets a selection of images and they all look great. Ahin's page with her in the white dress is my absolute favourite in the entire thing. Enjoy these photos of the photobook!












My favourite page in the book. So stunning!


As I mentioned earlier, this single doesn't come with a photocard but a member sticker if you ordered it from certain retailers. I got my copy from Amazon Japan on pre-order so I received a member sticker with mine. I got Daisy's sticker which is so cute! She's one of my faves so I don't mind getting her stuff. Not going to use the sticker and just keep it in the album for now. I included a picture below of what all the member's stickers look like. Ahin's would be my favourite, no wonder she's starting to become my fave in the group.


Daisy's BBoom BBoom sticker.

Member sticker photos.

The single contains four songs which are all Japanese versions of Korean songs from the group. Each edition of the single comes the same songs: BBoom BBoom and Welcome to MOMOLAND with their accompanying instrumentals. I've reviewed the Japanese version of BBoom BBoom in a previous post which you can check out here! Now that I've listened to the song a bit more, it's grown on me. But I'm still more into the Korean version between the two. The Japanese version of Welcome to MOMOLAND is nice and a good introduction song for their debut Japanese single. Loved the instrumental of the song as one wasn't included with the original Korean release.


Song Listing on the back cover.

This single was well worth pre-ordering not just for the member sticker. It's a beautifully made photobook and the large size is great because you get more pictures of the members. I got my copy of the single from Amazon Japan and it's available from most online music stores such as YesAsia and CD Japan. It was only just released so it shouldn't be hard to track down. I find it funny how I had no MOMOLAND albums at the start of this year and now I have 3! I am planning on getting the other editions of the single in the future for collection purposes and especially for the Limited Edition A which comes with a DVD of the MV. Here are the other two covers of the single:


Limited Edition A CD+DVD

Regular CD Edition

Here is the MV of the Japanese version of BBoom BBoom in case you've missed it. And a big congratulations to MOMOLAND for the view count on it! Now where can I get myself one of those stylish MOMOLAND logo tees the girls have?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Marzi it’s ID 0003531208 here, I read your amazon JP review it was great your MOMOLAND single arrived packaged just the same as my eBay order for my Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards Series 3 Collectors Album (So Gorgeous) it was slightly bent like your single but it was easily fixed, your single looks amazing Japanese Albums are amazing you get so much also I want that magazine so much if they sold it in the UK I’d buy every Issue I can’t afford to import anything from JP I’d love the 2 Amiibo cards that came with that magazine so Cute also as I’m selling styling star just call me Jo and I’ll comment as Jo.
    Thanks so much :) X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon Japan has had this packaging style for years and it works quite well. I do prefer a mixture of this style plus bubble wrap though because it provides extra protection.

      The single wasn't too bent, just slightly enough for me to mention it about the packaging. I have no issue with it compared to some packaging I've gotten in the past.

      Yes these magazines are only available in Japan and you do need to import them. I buy online all the time so it's easy for me.

      Delete