Tuesday 26 June 2018

Style Boutique 3: Play Journal - Customer Confusion

Just a small play journal for Styling Star this week as I don't have many pictures to share. Mainly I've just been doing outfit challenges in the game which are super fun and the main thing holding my interest in the game the last few weeks. I'll be posting them all on here so keep an eye out for them or if you have any challenges you liked to suggest, please leave a link/info to them in the comments!

A few weeks back, I had a gothic theme set up in my boutique and it managed to attract a number of gothic styled customers to my shop. I had saved these pictures of these customers as I particular liked the outfits I created for them. For once the colour scheme was ideal for a gothic style outfit, usually one thing is slightly off or something like shoes isn't in stock in that colour. I'm not one for asking customers to wait while I stock up so I usually just give them whatever instead. But this time, I had nice items in stock for the outfits!



Had some success with baby-doll style customers as well. Here are pictures of two of my favourite outfits from some recent sales. Both are just too cute and I managed to get rid of some Purple Moon items quickly! It was actually the same customer for both outfits, she just seemed to visit my boutique a lot when I was playing.




I was going to write that this a successful lively outfit but them I looked at the leg warmers. What on earth did I sell to this girl? I think it was the overalls/jumpsuit because I don't recall selling the legwarmers as I never use them. The top part of the outfit is cute but can't say the same for the bottom.


And here's another less successful outfit. I think this was a case of a customer who asks for only one item and nothing ends up matching in their outfit. I think it was the hat I sold to her but she didn't want it because she was after a hat. Made absolutely no sense! I selected the hat category and the style she wanted. She commented that it wasn't what she was looking for and was after a hat. First time I've heard of caps not being hats haha. I've this happened with a few customers during the course of playing Styling Star and it only seems to happen with accessories. I always make sure to select the type of item in the search function but sometimes they'll reject it even though it's clearly the item they want. I remember a similar thing happening with hair cuts in Fashion Forward. You would give them style and colour they requested and then the customer would say it's not what they were after. Makes no sense at all.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Marzi what a lovely play journal,
    So I need to ask a question are Cooking Mama 3 And Cooking Mama 3 Chop And Shop the same game?
    On CEX they’re listed as 2 different products ????
    Can you help me if so pleases reply
    Also thank you so much for removing my Shopdo ID from the list Thank You :)
    Thanks so much :) X .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooking Mama 3 and Chop and Shop are the same game as it just has a different name in some regions. Be careful with the older Cooking Mama games as the touch screen doesn't respond too well in most mini games. I've played all the Cooking Mama games since they came out (except Sweet Shop) and the earlier ones are awful.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, that pink haired girl is a frequent customer of mine too. I love that all of the gothic/babydoll girls always seem to want full outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she comes all the time if you have the right boutique interior. Saw her three times in a few days once.

      Delete