Monday 8 August 2022

MODEL Debut2 #nicola Play Journal - Becoming A Top Model

The first play journal of MODEL Debut2 #nicola is here! I've been playing a fair bit of the game recently and I love it so much! It is super fun and all the clothing items are gorgeous! It is definitely filling that Style Boutique void in my heart. Doesn't the title screen look adorable? I quite like the character models in this game and they are well animated in the game when you talk to characters. The girls on the far left have the cutest outfits and I've actually tried similar looks myself in the game.


The first part of the game is the character customisation of course! There are a wealth of items to choose from and easily scroll through. You basically move through the categories on the top and select one from the box below. The categories for face customisation are: eyes, face shape, eye type and placement, lips, eyebrows and skin tone.








After choosing a cute face, it is onto the hair section which has a good variety! I just couldn't decided honestly. There are four sections of hairstyles to choose from ranging from short to styled looks. Other than the hairstyle type tab, you can see your chosen look in a set colour or choose a different colour. I adore the pastel and soft look to the colours. The range of hair styles is quite varied comparted to Style Boutique. You cannot change the fringe style though as it is locked to the look.







A few tutorial screens pop up towards the start of the game. There are so many tabs to follow on the clothing selection screen. You have clothing type on the top, then next is the style say shorts or long pants, the search function is next which you can access with the X button and all the items are shown in the large box. I found the clothing section is just a lot of going up and down when you using the buttons and the touch screen can be used as well. I've been playing my game in handheld mode which is quite nice and the easiest way to play that allows me to use a translator on the screen via phone.


Now for the clothing spam! MODEL Debut2 #nicola has way too many beautiful items and I spent ages looking at the ones available at the first stage of the game. There are 12 clothing categories available and you can create some lovely looks with the items. I'll post a bunch of images of the some of the clothing pieces available and this is just the tip of the iceberg. When I got to the bag section, I couldn't believe there was actual backpacks in the game! I had always wanted them in Style Boutique and here they are!! So it is possible to have something like that in a fashion game. I prefer the way characters hold the bags in this game to Style Boutique, it can look a tad awkward in that one and not natural looking.















Here was the final look I decided on which is a basic girly casual outfit. I went with the twin tails hairstyle as I've been wearing this look in real life in recent months. Couldn't say no to the beautiful pastel pink hair tone and it was a hard to narrow down that decision. This is screen is your apartment and you can see that some menus will open up later in the game. Cannot wait for that!


After spending way too long creating my character, I meet up with this lovely lady (I think her name is Shiori?) who works at the nearby modelling company. She quite liked my cute look and asked if I would like to become a model at her company. Of course I would and that is like the entire focus of the game.



Once inside, it is time to create a character profile/card. I got stuck on this for a little while as I kept getting the name and surname mixed up. The game asks for information such as blood type, star sign and personality type. I named my character Marzipan using Japanese text and use Watanabe for the surname in honour of one of my favourite AKB48 girls Mayu! There is a bit of plot point here with Shiori revealing your character is the daughter of the buildings owner. Very cliché and reminds me of the start of the Styling Star.






Another tutorial screen appears showing how to use the photoshoot and editing part of the game. You can get a basic idea of the main idea of the game from the below image. You take a photo by picking out the best poses, choose the background and effects and then it becomes the advert or photo! It played a cute cut scene with my character in different poses at the photo studio. She looks so pretty!






Time to take part in my first photo shoot! I really like the selection of poses in MODEL Debut2 #nicola and you can event zoom in and change position. That was one thing that annoyed me in Style Boutique was that sometimes a certain pose wouldn't work in the position it was available. Also love how you can change which way the eyes are facing as the pose that had the side eyes in Style Boutique is one of my all time favourites!



The editing features are quite cool with a variety of features available. You can change the character outline, background and effects/stickers. There are too many to even pick from! You could spend ages just looking at the background options and I totally did! I didn't use any effects or stickers for today but I've used them later on and they're super fun. You can add some nice touches to photos with them and it works great for adverts you shoot.







Here is my final photo which Shiori used for my model catalogue image. It seems to be a hit with fans as well as you can see from the side. Racking up those social media points haha. And that is all for the first MODEL Debut2 #nicola play journal. I had quite a large number of screenshots from my play through but decided to separate them into different play journals to make it not too long. I will be back to post more lovely photos soon! ♡



No comments:

Post a Comment