Monday 15 August 2022

K-Pop Haul - CIGNATURE, Kep1er & aespa

Jeez I don't even recall the last time I did a K-Pop haul on the blog. Seems like forever ago and it was time to change that. I picked up three new releases for my collection, well more like two new releases and one older one. It's new to my collection haha. The titles I brought were CIGNATURE's 1st EP Listen and Speak, Kep1er's 2nd Mini Album DOUBLAST and aespa's 2nd Mini Album Girls. The first two came from YesAsia and the latter is from JB Hi-Fi.


First is aespa's 2nd Mini Album Girls and I got the version which is called the retail exclusive version. In America, I believe this is called the Target Exclusive Version however in Australia it is referred to as the Retail Exclusive version. The only store stocking it over here is JB Hi-Fi who has the retail version along with the Digipack versions. It is random at what stock is sent from online or stores will have random versions you can see in person. Luckily because the Retail one is a separate SKU I was able to pre-order it as I wanted this version as I liked the cover the most. Honestly I wanted the Real World version but that isn't being sold at JB Hi-Fi. Haven't had a chance to listen to it just yet and I did like their previous releases so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one. For the photocards, I got Karina & Winter and for the poster I got NingNing. So excited for NingNing's poster as she is my bias in the group! The one thing I dislike about this album is the cardboard sleeve design but that's because I dislike that design in general.



I actually randomly decided to buy this Kep1er mini album! I was quite sick when I placed this YesAsia order and was like 'why not it's cheap!!'. Ended up actually liking the album so that was good! I brought the jewel case version and I really wanted the Blue Blast version but got sent the Yellow one instead. Still super cute and the photocards are cool. Now I have no clue about the members of this group so I had to look up who I got photocards of. Looks like I got Bahiyyih, Yujin and Hikaru. It's cute that I got Yujin's card as I do have her photocard from the Chamisma mini album! You can check that one out here as I've reviewed it in the past. I wish more companies would do jewel case releases as I really like them and the price point makes them easier to collect. I know a portion of the K-Pop community hates them but for someone like me who just likes buying albums randomly it's a cheaper way to do rather than buying the larger ones. I've seen lots of jewel case style K-Pop releases at JB Hi-Fi and it would be great if they become more common. Hey I'd even settle for random style ones if it makes it easier to buy albums to listen to.


The other album I got from YesAsia was CIGNATURE's 1st EP Listen and Speak. This one has been on my wishlist for a while as I enjoy their discography and wanted to support a nugu group. The design of this EP is good quality and it matches well on the shelf with my MOMOLAND Fun To The World Mini Album. They both have a beautiful blue tone to the album design and are a similar size. Photocard wise, I got Jee Won's student identity card, Ye Ah and Belle. The EP also comes with a cute sticker sheet and now I do love stickers but I can never bring myself to use the ones from albums.

It had been years since I used YesAsia and I was happy with the service. The shipping was fast and the only issue I had was that it couldn't be sent to my parcel locker as it required a signature. So I had to send it to my main address and that turned out all good! Prices were reasonable and I paid in USD as that is what the site uses. Also purchased MODEL Debut2 #nicola on Nintendo Switch at the same time which I've talked about here! Since I won't be importing CDs from Japan for a while now that the shipping has drastically increased, I will be focusing on building my K-Pop collection more. My local music store is JB Hi-Fi and they seem to be stocking more K-Pop releases nowadays. Hopefully we will see more girl groups in the future as it seems to be mainly boy groups sold there.

No comments:

Post a Comment