Wednesday 24 July 2019

CLC チャミスマ Chamisma - Mini Album Review (Type B CD+DVD Edition)

Last week I posted a review of the Type A edition of CLC's Japanese release チャミスマ Chamisma, so this week it's time for another edition of the mini album. Next up for review is Type B of チャミスマ Chamisma and carries on the cheerleader concept from Type A. Let's take a look shall we?

チャミスマ Chamisma Type B CD+DVD

チャミスマ Chamisma is CLC's second Japanese mini album and was released in 2016 through Tower Records Japan. The mini album is available in three editions: Type A CD Only, Type B CD+DVD and Type C CD+DVD. I got my copy of Type B from a private seller on Yahoo Auctions and I was surprised to see a photocard included with it. The original listing didn't have it included so it was great to get that as a little bonus. The mini album was in great condition for a used CD and the price was reasonable compared to buying it new. Type B of チャミスマ Chamisma includes the following contents:

  • CD - 6 Track mini-album
  • DVD - Contains two MV's
  • Lryics booklet
  • Jewel case
  • OBI strip
  • Photocard (7 types to collect)


The cover of Type B has the girls in new cheerleader inspired outfits and this time it's varsity style ones. I want one of these jackets as they look super cute and I adore the little kitty logo. I think out of the three editions, this one is my favourite concept wise and has the best pose on the cover. Plus the back cover looks great as it shows off the back of the varsity jacket with the words Crystal Clear. Your typical production credits are listed on the back as well as the track listing for both the CD and DVD.




Inside the jewel case you will find the CD and DVD which have a similar look to the CD of Type A. I love when Japanese releases have consistency to them as it looks aesthetically pleasing when you group them all together. The gold pom poms are present on the jewel case interior and pastel tones are used for the discs. Got an OBI strip once again so I'm happy because I love them so much.








Another great lyrics booklet from CLC with Type B! It contains an excellent number of photos like Type A and has the girls in the varsity style cheerleader look. All the lyrics for the songs are listed along with production credits. Each member gets a solo picture and this time you get two group photos in the lyrics booklet.












As I mentioned earlier, I got a photocard with my used copy of Type B and I got Yujin's card! CLC has really nice photocards so it's a great additional to my collection. The back of the card features that beautiful pastel tone that the rest of the mini album has. When companies use pastel tones on their CD's, I'm all for that as I love pastel tones and Dream Ami's releases are perfect examples of that.



I won't dive into too much detail about the track listing as there are some repeats from Type A but you do get a few new songs in Type B. Track 4 is now the original Korean version of 1, 2, 3 which is also found on Type C. A new song has been included in Type B with the version of チャミスマ Chamisma that features Il Hoon of BTOB. This version features a new rap section in the first part of the song which kinda reminds me of  愛をちょうだい Ai wo Choudai by AOA. That song comes in two versions: the original with TAKANORI NISHIKAWA (T.M.Revolution) and the exclusive iTunes version that has the girls singing his parts. The DVD that comes with Type B of チャミスマ Chamisma contains two MV's for the song. It has the standard version and the version featuring Ill Hoon. Just your normal Japanese DVD release that just has the MV's and the other DVD edition comes with other content. Here is the track listing for both the CD and DVD of Type B:

CD Contents:
  1. チャミスマ Chamisma
  2. スキドキ Sukidoki
  3. Chocolate spice
  4. 1, 2, 3 [Korean Ver.] 
  5. 学園天国 Gakuen Tengoku
  6. チャミスマ Chamisma (Feat. Ill Hoon of BTOB)
DVD Contents:
  1. チャミスマ Chamisma MV
  2. チャミスマ Chamisma (Feat. Il Hoon of BTOB) MV
Once again, here's all the editions of チャミスマ Chamisma together and Type B would be my favourite of the bunch concept wise. I love the colours schemes of all the editions and the white backgrounds look great together. Don't forget to check out my review of the Type A CD Only edition and I'll post a review of the Type C CD+DVD soon.

チャミスマ Chamisma Type A CD Only, Type B CD+DVD and Type C CD+DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment