Monday 29 August 2022

Make-Up Haul - Revolution Beauty & ColourPop

My 2022 has been totally obsessed with purchasing make-up and I've become hooked on it! Years ago I used to wear make-up all the time but stopped for a while. Now in my current work position, it is easier for me to wear it each day. So I just started collecting items here and there and suddenly I've picked up quite a few! In the last month or two, I've brought a nice selection and it seemed like a fun blog post to write about each one! Revolution Beauty would be my top brand and it only takes one look at my collection to figure that out. At first I was purchasing it at Priceline whenever I visited a store and since their range is quite small, I decided to try purchasing from the Revolution website. It is a great site to use and I'll write a review at the end of the post!

Starting off with some lip products and this has always been something I've never had much luck finding the perfect product. When I was a teenager, it was always the old Lipsmackers or whatever lip gloss you received as a gift. Then I was using whatever lip balm I brought at the shop even if I hated it. Like I'd paid for it so I wanted to use it all up. On my first Revolution Beauty order, I brought the Fruity Pebbles Lip Oil and I was instantly hooked! It is so hydrating and I love how easier it is to apply. The scent I got was lemon-lime and sadly it was on sale so I couldn't find the other scents anymore for purchase. Since I liked the first lip product I got, on my second order I brought the Glam Balm in Coco Nutty Coconut, Cocoa Pebbles Lip Gloss in Hoppy and The Aristocats Marie Lip Gloss in Berloiz. All of these are amazing and have lovely scents. Perfect for popping in my bag and I do apply it a few times during the day.

My main make-up obsession is eyeshadow palettes and I have no idea why I'm so addicted to them. It started with a few and now I have stacks! I do actually use them all and cycle them so I'm not always using the same one. I already had the Joey palette from the Friends x Revolution collaboration from Priceline and found the Chandler one on sale on the Revolution website. The shades are totally me as I love bright fun colours. I kinda have a love hate relationship with this palette as it is super pretty but turns out it is super pale! The lighter shades like Hello Mr Bing and Erica barely show even with primer. Tulsa is too die for though! I like all the palettes in the Friends collection, but I haven't picked anymore up as the shades are similar to palettes I already have.


Revolution XX launched a Powerpuff Girls collaboration recently and it is well worth it. I only got the Bubbles palette from the collection and I find this one particularly good! I feel the formula is better in this one than the standard I Heart Revolution palettes. The blues are very pigmented and you can create some amazing looks. I use the shade in the top left corner quite a lot with other palettes as it works great in the inner eye corner. There are Buttercup and Blossom palettes in the collection as well and they look super cute! Maybe one day if they ever come on sale.

This Dr Seuss palette I actually brought at Priceline one day randomly! I was quite ill last month and was in Priceline getting somethings and just grabbed it off the shelf. Seriously don't shop whilst you are ill as it's not the best time to make decisions. I already have the Oh! the Places You'll Go! palette from the Dr Seuss collection and Priceline had the Green Eggs and Ham one in stock. It is actually really good and the shades work well together. I've worn it a few times and I've always been pleased with how it turned out. Funny story with this palette as I was wearing it at work one day and ended up crying quite a lot. All my eyeliner and mascara came off however this eyeshadow did not even budge! So if you want a good durable palette to cry in, highly recommend this one haha. Plus how cute is the packaging for this line? I think it's the best of all the Revolution palettes and they are super easy to store.


Originally I had only seen the Tasty Birthday Cake palette on the UK Revolution Beauty site and not the Australian one. I guess it was out of stock as it appeared when I did my last order. I really wanted to get this palette as I love the colour story and the shimmers are gorgeous. There are plenty of shades to pick from in this one and I've been creating some mermaid inspired looks with this one. I actually use frosting quite a bit as it is rather vibrant and I wish that was available as a single.


Besides Revolution Beauty, I also received two items from ColourPop! I've never used the site before and decided to make a purchase based on the recommendation of my co-workers. The site is quite expensive for Australia  and luckily one day they had free worldwide shipping with no minimum. I ended up buying the In A Trance palette as I couldn't stop thinking about after coming across it on Pinterest. Just too beautiful to describe and amazing formula to the eyeshadows.

The other item I brought from ColourPop was the Glitterally Obsessed glitter gel in the shade Sing To Me Paolo. This one is from the Lizzie McGuire collaboration and I brought it as a flashback to the 2000's. I used to own so many roll-on body glitter products and would use them like crazy. When looking through the ColourPop website and finding they sell potted glitter, I just had to have it! It is everything I could wish for and I love how you can build up the amount of glitter. Some days I go for a soft touch of glitter and others I'm all about the glitter. Well worth it and I'll definitely be buying more glitter gels from ColourPop.

Onto a few eye products now and these were a combination of the Revolution Beauty website and Priceline. I brought this Kohl eyeliner set on sale and I don't know what to think of it. Honestly I just think I'm useless at using it and have no idea what I'm doing. Something I need to practice more with but you do get some lovely eyeliners for $10. The brush was a random purchase to round out the order to get free shipping! I wanted an eyeliner but for some reason it would not ship to my state so I had to remove it. Ended up replacing it with this brush as I need to get into using more professional tools. The mascaras are the Fake It! Volumising Mascara from Australis and the Wispy False Lash Mascara from Revolution. Very simliar products and I'd say the Australis one is slightly better. I just find it so difficult to find the perfect mascara. One day I'll get there!

More lip products from Revolution as well as a bonus skin one. Found these lip products from the Friends collab on sale and thought I'd try them out. Never used a lip scrub before and why have I waited this long?? It is amazing and I cannot get over the vanilla scent. The lip mask is good and I rather prefer the Glam Balm for a similar experience. The skin product is the Cleansing Jelly and it is a nice face product. Skin feels refresh after using it but it doens't wash away all the dirt off your face make-up wise. I've used it a few times and the last time I used it, I still had some makeup residue left. More of a backup for me to use along with my normal face wash and I got it super cheap.


Also picked up some face masks from Revolution as they are always useful. These are just spares to carry around when I'm on public transport or in town. I did buy the Eye Obsessed set from Morphe as I wanted some fancy brushes. I was recommend this by a lovely friend and I could not for the life of me find it in the Mecca store. The one I went to has so many stuff in it and I always get confused looking for items there. I've been so nervous to try these out as they are just too good! Need to bite the bullet and actually just use them.

That is all for this beauty haul and I've been trying out some other products lately so I'll post about them soon. Priceline is clearing out the I Heart Revolution line sadly and I went on a trip to stock up on it. But that's for another day! Overall I love all my new products and will definitely be purchasing more items from the Revolution Beauty site. It is easy to use, good payment system and free shipping over $35! You can also earn points with your account and I'm almost up to a $20 voucher. Can treat myself to something nice like that cute Clueless collection they just launched. Whilst I did like my ColourPop products, the site isn't super friendly for Australia consumers. You need to spend like $100 to get free shipping or wait until they offer free shipping. The products are nice and high quality, it just seems like more a big spend instead of the usual random make-up spree we all go on when we walk into a Priceline haha. Maybe in the future I'll purchase more from ColourPop however I feel I've got enough palettes to last me a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment