Wednesday 20 June 2018

Animal Crossing New Leaf - Public Works Projects

I thought it was time to take a tour of my Animal Crossing New Leaf town and look at all the town projects I have built. I've been playing New Leaf since it came out so I've had plenty of time to develop my town. There are still a few projects I've never been able to unlock because of the whole silly random request thing. But I've built lots of lovely projects to fit different themed areas in my town.

First off is one of my favourite areas in my town which is a little garden area with a variety of flowers in different colours. The top part of the area has a metal bench for relaxing and I've placed stone paths down as a footpath. I have these stone paths in my town along with a pink/blue main footpath pattern. It took a while to get some of these hybrid flowers and when I placed them in this area, I tried to have a random look to their placement and not place the same colours next to each other. Here's some cute pictures of me and Dotty sitting on the bench.



Just near the metal bench there is a well which was one of the earlier town projects I unlocked. I placed some of my favourite flowers around the well and some patterns on the ground. I love these drain patterns as they look great around public works projects which are water themed.


Take a short stroll down the footpath to discover the water pump. How great does the drain pattern look next to this? It actually looks like the water is flowing into the drain. I've moved this project a few times due to villagers moving into certain locations and it's stayed here for a fair while now. I'm obsessed with leaving mushrooms around my town and they look so cute placed around public works projects.


Across from the water pump is the drinking fountain which is another early unlock project. This is one of my favourite locations as it just looks so perfect with the patterns placed around it and hybrid flowers. You can see one of my water streams behind the trees which I created with some water tiles and drain patterns. I have these all over my town as they add a natural look to the areas.



In one corner of my town, I built a little eco area. Originally this area was just bamboo but during my quest for a perfect town a while ago (I already had one years ago but wanted it again for more jacobs ladders) I decided to build the solar panel as it ups your town rating. It actually looks quite good along with the bamboo. More pink hybrid flowers as this area is themed around white and pink flowers.


Not a project but I thought I'd share my town tree. It's quite big as I've been playing for a long time and have clocked over 700 hours in the game. The edge of the town square area in my town has lots of trees, bushes and flowers with footpaths leading off to other areas of the town or villagers houses.



The windmill was something I really wanted to unlock and took a little while to get a villager to request it. I had the perfect place for it which is next to a bridge in town and unfortunately before I unlocked it, a villager had their house there. Once I had the windmill project requested and the villager moved, I placed the windmill right down in the perfect spot. I have some old pictures of the area which I'll post one day. The windmill has those gorgeous water tiles placed around it to make the appearance of a moat. The flowers in this area are purple violets, white tulips and yellow pansies.



Nearby to the windmill, I have my town clock and bell. I built the fairytale clock as I loved the colours and design of the clock. The bell has some hybrid flowers placed around it which are some of my favourites. The bell is just the normal bell design and I have the Zen Bell built elsewhere in my town.



Here is another eco-friendly product, the wind turbine. I have this installed mainly for perfect town rating and this was the best spot that it fitted. I used to have the instrument shelter built here and I demolished it as I no longer needed it for weather forecasts. More mushrooms randomly placed around the place.


Here is my campsite which is an essential public works project in New Leaf. I get villagers camping here often, more if I've streetpassed people. Most of the time I get villagers I'm not interested in, so I rarely have them move in. The thing I like about my campsite is the patterns placed around it to make it look more natural. The tree stump next to the site was the first patterned one I found so I've never removed it.


The tower is the most recent project in my town as it only got suggested recently. I've wanted it for a long time and this was the exact spot I wanted to put it. I've had villagers living in this location for years and it was great to finally put the tower here after all this time. This project is placed right next to the cliff on the edge of my town and you can jump off here if you wear a wet suit as there is no beach underneath. My town fruit is apples so I have some perfect apple trees placed here.


Just up from the tower is my Re-tail building and my rose garden. I built the Rose Arch in this area and surrounded it with the matching roses. Took a little while to grow all these pink roses as I have more next to the building. The thing I don't like about this area is that there is a rock in the rose garden and I have to pick all my roses up when I want to hit it for bells.



Above the Re-Tail building is the town hall which I've never remodelled because I like the original look. My town flag is a silly BMO I drew years ago and my town theme is the Digimon theme tune which I've never changed. The new amiibo campsite is located to the left side of my town hall which was the best place it could've been placed. I built a fountain in front of my town hall to give it a professional look. Another annoying rock placement next to some of my paths.


This area is another garden area that I created. I built one of the topiary projects right after I unlocked it and it's pretty much stayed there since. You can follow the stone paths to discover more garden areas and these paths lead to the town hall and the town square. I love the wisteria trellis as you can place a path through it and I themed the flowers around it to match the grapes hanging.



I built the Cafe right next to my town hall as there wasn't many locations the building would fit. I used to have more hybrid flowers placed around the cafe but I switched them out recently for purple and black coloured ones. I want to place trees on the right hand side, but there isn't enough room for a footpath there as the river is too close.


Now with the Resetti Centre, I didn't know where to put it so I just crammed it into the corner behind the town hall. I'm not the biggest fan of the area but I think I put it there so I would remember where to check it to see if it was open. Placed some water tiles around it to make it look unique.


Across from the Resetti Centre and behind the cafe is this jungle gym item. I originally built this because I wanted a playground area but nothing came of that idea as there wasn't enough room. I used to have a geyser placed near this but I demolished it as I needed to get rid of something for another project. I hate that limit in the game, I just want projects everywhere!!


Back over by the windmill is some projects you can relax on. I built this log bench randomly one day I think because I didn't want a villager moving onto the path space. I've kept it there as villagers quite like sitting on the log. I've placed a hammock nearby because I didn't really know what else to do with the space. This area has had a few projects built there such as the camping cot and outdoor chair. A few villagers also lived on this corner for a few months as well.



For the police station, I built the classic look one as it matched the feel of my town more than the modern one. This is where I keep my orange hybrid flowers as I just kept getting so many! Placed some bamboo around the area instead of trees and the bamboo has water tiles placed through them to give the appearance of a creek. I built a fire hydrant nearby as I thought it matched the services feel of the police station.



Next to the police station I placed this random stone tablet. I built this early on the game and it's still standing. No clue where I've kept it but it looks cute with the mushrooms placed around it.


The lighthouse is the one project I think everyone should build in their town. It just looks amazing! I built it close to the edge of the cliff so it would look out over the beach area. Placed the water tiles around it to make the appearance of a moat just like the windmill. I used to have a lot more trees in this area but I cleared them out for the perfect town rating.


Another recent project is the flower clock which I mainly built for perfect town rating. More water tiles placed around here because I'm obsessed with them. The flowers in this area are themed around the same flowers on the flower clock. This location used to have villager's houses on it for a long time and I built to clock here to stop them building right near a bridge.


Next to the flower clock, I built this suspension bridge a few years ago. All teh other bridges in my town are the standard cobblestone ones and this particular bridge I like to change the design of sometimes. I built the bridges in my town so that they are as far apart from each other as possible so it's easier to move around the areas. 


Here's another bell in my town and this time it's the zen bell. I built this close to my house so that a villager wouldn't move there. You can't see it in the photo but I have bamboo placed around the edges of the zen bell near the water tiles. The footpath runs next to it for easy access to the bell and the well garden area is just to the right of the zen bell. Just above the zen bell, I have another fountain. I mainly built this one to open the space up near my train station. This was an early project in my town and one of my favourites because of the pattern placement around it.



Now we finally get to the area around my house! As you can tell, my house is themed around the colour pink and the fairy-tale style. Most of my pink hybrids are placed around my house along with the bushes that grow pink flowers. I placed a fairytale bench and a standard street light in front of my house to have an area to sit down and relax in. 



The bus stop was an early project in my town and one that is quite random. My friends and I used to always think this was such as random project and as soon as I saw it, I just had to have it in my town. When we used to play online, we'd just stand around in the bus stop and use the chat feature to say silly things. Another random project in my town is the fence which I've only built to save this area for the hot spring when I eventually unlock it. I've just placed some hybrid flowers in there for the meantime.



And here's the final picture for this post and it's the main bridge in my town. I like to call this the main bridge as it's the one I use the most and is almost in a straight path to the main street from the beach. It's just the normal cobblestone bridge as I think that one looks best there and it's easy to fish off this bridge. The bridge is right next to the windmill and a lot of villagers tend to hang around here so it's easy to find them.


That's all the public works projects I currently have in my town! If you want to visit my town of Sunbury to explore the projects for yourself, you can do so at the Dream Suit at Address 7A00-004D-AD3C. I've posted more about my Dream Address here! As I mentioned before, I've had lots of other projects in the past which I'll post photos of one day in the future. the projects that I've had in my town previously include:

  • Camping Cot
  • Outdoor Chair
  • Yellow Bench
  • Picnic Blanket
  • Tire Toy
  • Fairytale Bridge
  • Instrumental Shelter
  • Face-Cutout Standee
  • Flower Bed
  • Scarecrow
  • Zen Garden
  • Geyser

8 comments:

  1. Holy crap, can I live in this town IRL? Everything is so pretty! Alright, I guess I have a goal in this game now: try to make my town as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comments about my town. It took a long time to get it this nice and lots of flower arranging. I don't mind the layout of my town, I wish the rocks were in better places in some spots and the ramps to the beach were more spread out. Mine are pretty much next to each other and I'd rather have one nearer to the Re-Tail so it doesn't take as long to sell items from the Island.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I imagine it must have taken forever to make it this pretty!

      I got lucky with my beach ramps. They're about as far apart as they can be, and one of them is right next to Re-Tail. And the other one is really close to my house and Town Hall.

      Delete
    3. Aww man that's super lucky with your ramp placement!

      It did take a while. I remember working on it for a few weeks sometimes. Occasionally I would just tear everything up and start again. But I haven't done that for a long time as I like the current layout.

      Delete
  2. The classic police station was pretty much a good choice. This not-so-serious bulldog policeman named Booker is going to be the policeman of your town. I prefer him over Copper, who's a akita dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could have both :( Like in Wild World how they both appeared.

      Delete
  3. Animal crossing Fan7 December 2022 at 09:35

    What your Dream address ? I want visit your Town your Town so cute!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello & apologies for the late reply! My Dream Address is 7A00-004D-AD3C

      Delete