Friday 15 June 2018

Winter Lookbook

Winter is a time for dressing up in warm jumpers, scarfs and fluffy beanies. New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star has an excellent range of clothes that are perfect for the cooler months. I've put together this lookbook featuring outfits from all the fashion styles in the game that designed for Winter. There's even some special outfits featuring removed brands and designer items. In case you aren't quite ready for winter, why not check out my Autumn Lookbook!

Lively
April Bonbon features some crazy looking fluffy rainbow jackets which are new items to the brand. I thought this jacket would be the perfect item for winter and designed this casual outfit for the lookbook. This outfit is ideal of catching a movie or hanging out at a friends place. I was always quite a fan of these pants in Fashion Forward and they matched the jacket quite well.





Eastern
This style features a more refined and sophisticated look for the season. It took a few tries to find an eastern outfit I was happy with and ended up with this one. It features my favourite boots from Kanokoi and a long length jacket. I think darker tones work best in eastern style outfits as it's easy to find pieces that coordinate together.





Basic
This style for me in winter months is all about layers! I pretty much just chuck as many items on as I can sell or wear. Here's the combination I came up with for the lookbook and this is actually a copy of an outfit I recently sold to a customer. The skirt is actually a overall item from the dress category and all the items feature a brown colour scheme.






Girly
This has to be my favourite style in the game due to the design of the pieces and it's closest to my personal style. The main girly brand Marzipan Sky has too many gorgeous pieces to choose from so it was difficult to decide on a final outfit for the lookbook. I went with the casual look in a blue/denim colour scheme. This coat looks so warm and comfortable, I wish it was real!





Psychedelic
You may recognise this outfit from a Shopdo Update I recently posted because it's pretty much the same one. The shoes are the only different thing as I only used items from the Retrobeat brand for this outfit. I talked about the outfit in the Shopdo post and it definitely is one of my new faves. I just love these skirts from Retrobeat!





Sporty
Since I featured a sporty themed outfit in last seasons lookbook, it was only right to feature one again for winter. Items from the now defunct brand Streetflow can be found at other brands so I went searching winter items in the April Bonbon brand that were once part of Streetflow. These sweatshirt style dresses came to mind first thing so I built the outfit around one of those. Added in the headphones for a cool street look. Used my favourite zipper style socks which were one of my favourite Streetflow items in Fashion Forward. It's a shame the brand and style were removed, but at least the developers left us with the items so that we can still make sporty outfits.





Boho-Chic
Now Boho-Chic isn't a style I wear often in the game, only really for photo shoots such as this. But it's main brand Soy does have some beautiful pieces and plenty of warm cardigans perfect for winter. I'd like to imagine these striped pants from Soy would be a knit material in real life making them quite warm for those cooler days. I'd totally wear this outfit in real life as it looks quite comfortable and easy to move around in.





Gothic
For this outfit, I knew first off which item I needed to have in it which is these new jackets from Raven Candle. When I first saw these jackets, I just fell in love. Similar ones are available from other brands in different designs. But the Raven Candle ones are the best ones because of the stunning accessories attached to the jacket. I was happy to see that these jackets don't mess with the shape of the skirts when worn like most outers in the game. I went with a purple colour scheme for the gothic outfit with matching accessories such as necklaces and bracelets.





Baby-Doll
For this outfit, I went with a country style Lolita outfit featuring items from Marble Lily. The socks are from Raven Candle though because Marble Lily didn't have any that matched the outfit. I'd been wanting to try one of these dresses for a little while now and it looks quite stylish when paired with the right items. I like that the blouse matched the tones on the dress and the headpiece adds a special touch to the outfit. No bag with this outfit as I didn't find any that I thought were perfect within the Baby-Doll theme.





Bold
Time for another casual look for winter with the bold theme! I had a few tries at making a bold outfit but I wasn't happy with them. So I settled on this cool looking outfit based around this crazy lime green coloured jacket. Once I decided to use this jacket, it was easy to find the rest of the items.





Glam/Flirty
After creating a few glam/flirty themed outfits in Styling Star, I'm beginning to miss the style and brand which was removed in the previous game. I was never a fan of it back in the day, but I actually miss it now. Headed to AZ-USA to find some glam style items for a winter outfit and I went with a black and pink themed coordinate. Thought I'd use these silly fur boots finally, I always avoid them because they just look so ridiculous. Lots of different patterns going on with this outfit but I feel that's the look of the glam style.





Rock
Whenever I create rock outfits in Styling Star, I tend to go for the same look in each one. Checked jacket, logo tee, check skirt or pants and a choker accessory. This outfit pretty much follows that formula and showcases one of my favourite rock looks in the game. I actually have pants in real life that look like these ones from Stage Dive.





Chic
This style of outfits is always fun to make because the concept of matching tends to go out the window for me. I generally just chuck a whole bunch of items from Enid Chen and ARIANNA together to up the price of the outfit. This outfit was basically made from that concept and somehow looked decent. I quite like these jackets and glasses from Enid Chen so it's great they made it into the outfit. Actually used a scarf in this outfit as I haven't used too many which is weird considering most people wear them in winter.





Feminine
This outfit from Chorale features a warm knit dress, a navy scarf and gloves. Finally some winter themed items in one outfit! I actually really like these dresses from Chorale because they remind me of a skirt I used to own a few years ago with a similar print. I tried using different coloured versions of this dress in the outfit, but none of them exactly matched the colours of the scarfs and the leggings I wanted to use. So I ended up using the white/red/navy toned one as it matched the rest of the items colour schemes.





Preppy
One of my favourite styles in the Style Boutique series is the preppy style. You can create such classy outfits with the items from it's main brand Brooke Bridge. For the winter lookbook, I created this winter school girl coordinate using items from Brooke Bridge. This style of skirt worked really well with the long coat, I usually go for the shorter skirts in the preppy style. This was one of my top outfits from the winter lookbook!




Purple Moon
Here's a winter look devoted to the costume brand Purple Moon. I was inspired by Eliza's look from Fashion Forward where she wears the regal outfit with one of the ballerina tiaras. This outfit is not ideal for super cold days as it features shorts, but it's perfect for a costume party or elegant gathering. The purple toned set from the Regal line is my favourite colour as it is such as beautiful royal purple colour.





Designer Item
Last but not least is a new style to my lookbooks, the designer item look! Thought it would be fun to create an outfit using some of my items I designed in game. Styling Star doesn't have a huge range of items to design so I had to incorporate some brand items into the look. I went with one of my Kirby 1-Up tees I designed using the amiibo design and a set of tights from a stage costume I designed for the main story line. After adding in some brand pieces, the final look has a street/rock style to it. Added some bonus cat ears for fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment