Friday 29 June 2018

Retrobeat Challenge

Time for a new challenge and this one is themed around the psychedelic and quirky themed brand in Styling Star, Retrobeat! This challenge is just a quick one with only seven themes and I will be doing similar challenges with the other brands in the game.

Rules of the Retrobeat Challenge are as follows:
  • Only items from the Retrobeat brand can be used.
  • Any style can be used - not just psychedelic.
  • Interpret the theme prompts as you like ❤

Presenting the seven themes of the Retrobeat Challenge:
  1. 1960's Theme
  2. Disco
  3. Patterned
  4. Black & White
  5. Sporty Style
  6. Out Of This World
  7. Animal Print
Now that we've got the basics covered, here are my seven outfits for the Retrobeat Challenge!

1960's Theme
I knew the exact dress that I wanted to use for a 60's mod look, the hard part was picking a colour. I experiment with all the different colours of this dress, but a lot didn't match the two-coloured toned tights I wanted to use. I ended up with the blue dress as I could easily find shoes to match. Looks pretty 19060's inspired doesn't it?




Disco
These gaucho pants which are new to the Retrobeat brand in Styling Star are perfect for a disco look. First time I've actually noticed them in the game, I guess I just brought them and never used them. They actually look really good! I quite like the blue/purple toned ones which I might use in a future Shopdo look maybe. I went with the orange ones as I felt orange was a disco-inspired colour. Shame shoes as the 1960's look, just in a different colour as they were platform style ones which is very disco.





Patterned
Retrobeat has so many crazy patterns available and I thought this was the perfect time to mash a whole bunch of dotty patterned items together. Strangely it looks decent, I would probably wear this in real life minus the socks. The socks would be ok in a dark tone to match the jacket. I only added the hair bow because I thought the hair looked a bit flat and the bows look so cute with this hairstyle. First handbag appearance of the challenge! I don't often use the handbags from Retrobeat as the designs are a bit boring.




Black & White
There's always a black and white theme in outfit challenges. For this theme, I went with one of my favourite looks from the brand and psychedelic style. These mod style check dresses work great in a coordinate of similar colours. Great in a 'crazy yet can't look away' style. I love this outfit but it bothers me slight that the black and white tones are slightly darker (especially the white) with the tights.




Sporty Style
Thought I'd try out a sporty style since some of Streetflow's items made it into Retrobeat in Styling Star. Perfect time for these crazy paint splatter pants which I used to use a lot in Fashion Forward. The colour scheme of this particular outfit changed a few times as I couldn't find the perfect colour combination of items. The pants come in different colours and I found it tricky to match them to other items like shoes. I settled with this colour scheme as the yellow sneakers were the closest colour match to the paint.




Out Of This World
For this quirky look, I was going for something Kyary Pamyu Pamyu inspired. Whenever I see these eyeball skirts in the game, my mind does straight to the PONPONPON MV as Kyary has similar pants on with an eyeball pattern. These off the shoulder outers from Retrobeat are an excellent new item, I often use them at the boutique. The tutu style skirts always look great with thigh high socks.




Animal Print
The last theme for this challenge is themed around animal prints. I decided on this theme as I noticed Retrobeat has quite a few items with animals on them. For the outfit, I went with this wolf print dress and a bear tote bag. The tote bag surprisingly matched the colour of the tights quite well. I should use this tote bag more often as the bear is super adorable.




If you enjoyed this challenge, be sure to check out my other Style Boutique: Styling Star challenges! They are all listed on the Style Boutique page.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, this looks fun! I'm doing a 30 day cosplay challenge this month, but I'll definitely do this one afterward. I look forward to the other ones too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the cosplay challenge on tumblr and I must give it a try. I don't follow anime though so I'd have no clue what to do for most of it haha.

      Delete
    2. Well, it's not like anime is the only thing to cosplay. Quite a few of the ones I've done have been game characters. It is hard, though, coming up with thirty different ones. I'm actually still not done with mine ^_^'

      I'm thinking about doing the challenge again in october, but uh...we'll see if it works out or not.

      Delete
    3. 30 different ones would be really tricky. I'd have to sit down and think of that many beforehand. It definitely would be a challenge!

      Delete