Sunday 1 July 2018

June Favourites

June was such a busy month and I've been insanely busy lately, so this month's favourites are a bit late. Managed to get a variety of posts up on Marzipan Wonderland this month which I'm proud of. I'm going to be pretty busy for the next few weeks so posts might be spaced apart. I do have some exciting challenges for New Style Boutique 3 to post so look out for those! Now onto the favourites!

Gaming

Besides playing New Style Boutique 3 and Animal Crossing on the 3DS, I've been really into this game on Steam lately called Voodoo Garden. It's a clicker style game where you create a garden filled with different flora and animals. I got it ages ago during a sale but only really got into playing it this month. It's similar to Plantera which I've played previously and enjoyed.


Screenshot of my garden in Voodoo Garden

Music
Earlier this month, I was lucky enough to find KARA's debut Korean album in a second hand book shop. I was absolutely thrilled to see it and it was only $1.50! I didn't have this one for my collection yet and I just changed the case over to a new one to make it look all nice.



Been listening to a few songs this month. I've really been into SudannaYuzuYully スダンナユズユリー this month who are a sub-unit of E-girls. The group has one of my favourite E-girls members Yurino in it so it's nice to see her singing and rapping instead of just performing.





MOMOLAND released a new song which is just as good as BBoom BBoom. Their new title is called Baam and has a similar sound to their previous track. But I don't mind as it's still fun to listen to and has a dance which reminds me of T-ARA's Lovey Dovey. I have purchased their new mini album which should arrive in a few weeks along with two other exciting titles.



TV
As I just mentioned in my previous monthly favourites, Produce 101 China has been my tv addition recently. Watched all the episodes and was on the edge of my seat for the finale. Overall I'm happy with the final lineup, there could've been a few girls swapped in my opinion but the final lineup is pretty good talent, variety and visual wise. Looking forward to following the group and hope they release an album in the next few months as I'd love to start building my C-Pop collection. Here's one of my favourite performances from the show:



Sewing
I've been so busy making new outfits this month and getting through them at a good pace. I posted a review of Simplicity 8418 recently and I also finished Simplicity 2054 this month. Will get around to posting a review of that pattern in July as well as Simplicity 4015 which I'm currently working on now.

Beauty
Time for a beauty section which I haven't shared for a few months. A few weeks ago I picked up a Biore Charcoal Bar and I'm hooked! It is simply amazing and practically cleared up all my pores straight away. I've never used one before and was shocked at how well it worked.

Another product I've been liking is the Mineral Highlighter from Australis. I needed a new highlighter as my Rimmel one was running out and not that good to use, so the other day when I was in Priceline I went on the hunt for an affordable highlighter. The store was having a sale on Australis which I've always enjoyed using so I picked up one of their highlighters. I'll post a detailed review of it later on but it definitely is show stopping.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Marzi It’s Jo what a lovely monthly favourites post for June,
    How are you?,
    You can find some bargains in Charity Shops and 2nd hand shops,
    We have loads of those in the UK, Especially the area where I was raised,
    I’m so happy with My CEX order it’s amazing,
    I’m so in love with the Cooking Mama series,
    What’s your fave game in the series?,
    I personally don’t have a fave I love them all the same,
    I would play the mobile app but I’m scared of hidden charges, the 3DS titles are just enough for me,
    I’ve also gotten into sewing recently I got a lovely kit from Argos for my birthday I’m doing little sewing jobs around the house,
    I’ve never used charcoal beauty products before I use Johnson & Johnson and Neutrogina facial washes also a great beauty secret is E45 cream if you wash your face and dry it then cover your face with E45 cream then wipe it off with a towel ( No Water Required) it leaves Your skin looking really fresh,
    I left some comments on your Retrobeat challenge,
    Thanks So Much :) X .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what the best game in the Cooking Mama series is for me as it's been a long time since I played any of them. It would be between between 4 and 5 though.

      Yes I did see your comments, I have just been too busy to reply. It's lovely that you like to leave comments, but I would just like to please ask that you keep them relevant to the post content as they are quite long comments. If you feel the need to leave more than one comment, it's best to use the reply feature on your original comment so that it starts a thread.

      Delete
    2. Hi Marzi It’s Jo,
      I guess my comments are pretty long and may be straying away from post content,
      I’m a real life chatterbox as you may have noticed,
      Thanks so much :) X .

      Delete