Thursday 12 July 2018

One Item Challenge - Marble Lily

Time for a new challenge series on my blog. This time it's the One Item Challenge! The point of this challenge is to select one item from a brand and create outfits of each image/style in the game based around that one item. As with all my other Styling Star challenges, I will be creating outfits based off the defunct styles such as glam/flirty and sporty as well as a Purple Moon outfit.

So for the first post in this new series, I've chosen a skirt from Marble Lily as my one item. The skirt is Gingham Skirt in the colour pink. So every outfit in the challenge will contain this skirt and I'll create an outfit based around it. 




Baby-Doll

Here is the first outfit in the One Item Challenge which is the Baby-Doll look. Thought I'd start out with the original image of the skirt. This seems like the perfect time to take advantage of the less puffy skirt to use one the outers from Marble Lily. I rarely use the jackets from this brand as I dislike how they push down the fullness of skirts and dresses.




Lively

Honestly this is one my favourite outfits I've created this year. It's just too adorable and so over the top. I went a little crazy with the pink as it's my favourite colour. I actually featured this outfit in my Shopdo a few weeks back (with a slight adjustment to the accessories). Saved this outfit to my scrapbook as I'll definitely come back to it in the future.




Eastern
This one turned out quite lovely and I just love the design on the shirt. Sometimes it can be challenging matching colours with items under the eastern image. For this outfit, I just looked for pink or lighter coloured items. The cherry blossom hair clips from Purple Moon were a nice touch to the outfit.





Basic

Another lovely looking outfit which is ideal for a more casual look. This one isn't as pink as the others and is something I'd totally wear in real life. Denim jackets always work for simple looks and I went with the classic white sneakers with knee high socks look.




Girly

This was a tricky one to create as Marzipan Sky just has way too many clothing items to choose from! I decided to go with this summer outfit with a floral pattern. The cherry blossom hair clip makes a return as it matched so well with the camisole. There was too many bags suitable for this outfit but I decided to use one of the barrel bags as I rarely use those.




Psychedelic

This one is a bit all over the place. Nothing really matches but I love it haha. Maybe you could wear this to a crazy fancy dress party. No clue what I was thinking, I like all these items separately but not together. Isn't that the point of psychedelic looks though? They are always a bit out there.




Boho-Chic

I'm quite proud of this one as it turned out better than I expected. It has a boho-chic feel to it, but still looks girly and cute. Love the natural tones of the top and finally got to use a frill bag! I rarely use these for some reason, but this time the dark pink tone was perfect.




Gothic

For this image, I wanted to create an outfit that felt more gothic Lolita than Baby-Doll. It was tricky as a lot of the items have a sweet feel to them. First I decided on this outer from Raven Candle and based the rest of the outfit off that. I tried to match the pink tones on the cuffs of the outer for the socks and went with a simple white inner.




Sporty

One of my top outfits of this challenge! I'm totally into the preppy sporty look with collar shirts. At first I thought I was going to struggle to find sporty items to match such a girly skirt. But it all came together in the end as there are some lovely pink themed items with a sporty feel to them. If I was to wear this in real life, I'd remove the hat as I'm not much of a hat person except on occasions where I need to wear one.




Bold

Who would've thought a baby-doll themed skirt would look so good in a bold themed outfit? Loving this new outer from AZ-USA just for the beautiful pale pink colour. I'm not one for bold outfits normally, but I'm enjoying this practice creating outfits with items from AZ-USA.




Rock

For this one I already knew I wanted to go for a patterned look as I wanted to use these striped tights and a this check outer. It's a bit all over the place pattern wise, but hey at least it's pink! Put on some cute pink cat ears to complete the look.




Glam/Flirty

Looking back on this outfit, I don't recall choosing this bag. Maybe I selected it accidentally or something because I just can't remember picking it at all. Bag aside, this outfit was a little difficult to make because I kept trying to create a glam/flirty look similar to previous outfits I've created in other challenges. It seems I just love that outfit so much it's burned into my brain. So instead of this, I went with this get up featuring items from AZ-USA and Chorale. Can't go wrong with animal print with glam/flirty outfits




Chic

Turns out Enid Chen doesn't have as many pink coloured items as I thought. So this one was a bit tricky. I decided to mix in a bit of colour and go with a pink and black colour scheme. Turned out quite nicely I think! I love this jewel outers from Enid Chen, I wish I had one in real life. Used my favourite glasses from the brand of course as they were pink.




Feminine

Had to use my favourite style of outers in one of these outfits and feminine was the one! This outfit is gorgeous and perfect for a romantic date. These boots from Chorale are just stunning and I love the shade of pink to them. There was a few bags I couldn't decide between for this outfit but I went with this one as I haven't used it in many looks.




Preppy

One of my favourite styles in the game and one of my favourite outfits in this challenge. I would totally wear this in real life as it's right up my style alley. Went a bit crazy with the patterns again as this outfit has checks, stripes and plain looks going on. Funny thing about this outfit is most of the items don't come from the preppy brand Brooke Bridge. C'mon Brooke Bridge! Step up your game pink wise and I'll use your items next time.




Purple Moon

Lastly here is a look featuring some items from Purple Moon. This outfit was inspired by an outfit I had on a mannequin once in Fashion Forward. Most pieces are from the festive outfit from Purple Moon and the look is topped off with a tiara.




And that's the end of the One Item Challenge! I will be posting more about this series on this blog as I plan to do items from each brand/image. It's super fun trying to create outfits with one core item. Sometimes they worked out perfectly and others not so much.


If you enjoyed this challenge, why not try it out for yourself! Leave a comment to your blog if you take part as I'd love to see what others create. Be sure to check out my other challenges which can all be found on my Style Boutique page.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marzi it’s Jo,
    Those outfits are gorgeous all of them,
    I would buy and wear all of them,
    I just think they’re amazing well done,
    My fave is the Feminine one it’s just gorgeous,
    When I owned Styling Star I made a gorgeous Feminine outfit which I was quite proud of it consisted of a navy blue halter neck dress, white gloves, black heels, pearls, and earrings,
    It was gorgeous I called it Prom Night my character wore it with long dark brown hair and classy make-up,
    I love your creations Marzi you’re so inspirational,
    Thanks So Much :) X .

    ReplyDelete