Sunday 22 July 2018

Style Boutique - Recreating Modelling Jobs

Since I was missing the modelling jobs recently in Styling Star, I thought it would be a fun challenge to try to recreate my modelling jobs from Fashion Forward in Styling Star. I used all the modelling photos I have posted on my Modelling Jobs Guide on my Style Boutique Guide. I tried to copy the outfit, make-up, hairstyle and poses as close as possible. However I discovered that it can be tricky to match the exact make-up and hairstyle as some colours and hair cuts have been removed in Styling Star. It also seems not all the frames for photos were included as well, so I had to just improvise with the closest ones if the original wasn't available. For the photo shoot locations, I tried to pick new locations in Styling Star that looked the closest to removed locations.

So here is the first photo shoot I recreated which is the 'A Bright Christmas' modelling job. One of my favourite outfits I created for the Photo Studio as I love the colour combination and the outfit looks amazing with the Purple Moon items mixed in with the girly items.



Luckily the entire outfit I used originally was included in the new game. If you look closely at the photo set from Fashion Forward and the one from Styling Star, you can noticed straight away the differences in game graphics. The shadows are a bit strange in the Styling Star photos but they look more realistic. For the location, I used one of the stage locations as that was closest to the original Live Music Club set. No matching frame unfortunately so I went with a random starry effect.






Next modelling job I will recreate is the 'A Star Filled Sky' photo shoot. This was a lovely modelling job mainly because of the stunning location of the Lovers Bell at Tropica Beach. Shame that location was removed in Styling Star as it was quite beautiful.



This outfit wasn't hard to recreate as I remembered which brands the items came from. The same hairstyle was still in Styling Star so that was easy to replicate. And even more luck, the original frame was included! So this photo shoot was a success!





Here we will finish off with the modelling job 'Beachside View' which is a fun summer themed shoot set at Tropica Beach.



This one was easy because all the shoots I used in the original modelling job were close-ups and the upper part of the body, so I didn't have to worry about what I used on the lower part of the body. No Tropica Beach location so I used the pool side location which looks lovely during the day. I couldn't find the original frame so I decided not to use one for these photos.





And there is the first set of modelling jobs recreated in Styling Star! It was definitely a challenge trying to recreate the entire photo shoot in a new game and discovering game aspects that were slightly altered (like colours) or removed (like locations).

2 comments:

  1. I miss modelling so much! I've been switching between Fashion Forward and Styling Star this summer, so side-by-side comparisons like this are really neat to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been playing Fashion Forward a bit lately as well! I wish it was quicker to sell Fashion Show tickets as I want to be able to play them again.

      I'll be posting more in this series on this blog in the future, so keep an eye out for them!

      Delete