Wednesday 4 July 2018

Mismatched Outfit Challenge

Back when I did my 30 Day Outfit Challenge in Styling Star, there was one day which had the theme of creating a mismatched outfit. I thought the concept of that particular theme was interesting, so I tried doing a complete challenge of mismatched outfits belong to each image in the game. Like all my challenges, I've included styles that have been removed from the series such as sporty and glam/flirty as well as an outfit made from Purple Moon branded items.

The rules for this challenge is to pick an image and when you are at the clothes selection screen, start with the inner category. Close your eyes and move the slider up and down randomly then select an item on the screen. The item you pick will be the inner you wear and then repeat the process with the other clothing categories. You will need to pick between pants or skirts with outfits or some outfits you can use dresses instead of inners/outers. This method will result in some hilarious and interesting outfit combinations.

We'll start off on a good note with the best outfit created in this challenge. Honestly I thought the preppy outfit turned out the most cohesive and put together. All the items almost matched besides the bag. Luckily the bag from Stage Dive that was chosen has a similar yellow colour to the emblem on the Brooke Bridge inner so it wasn't a terrible colour match.

Preppy Outfit

Preppy Outfit

Here are the remainder of the mismatched outfits in no particular order. The Baby-Doll and Gothic themed outfits weren't terrible, just had a few items that ruined the coordination of the look. The Baby-Doll one was going well until the gloves got added and then it went down hill from there. The Boho-Chic outfit turned out well and has a nice colour scheme. Kinda looks like most Boho-Chic outfits I make in game to try and sell items quickly to customers. The worst look in my opinion out of all the outfits is the eastern look. It's just such a mess and nothing matches. Pains me to look at it haha.

Bold Outfit

Bold Outfit

Rock Outfit

Rock Outfit

Chic Outfit


Chic Outfit

Feminine Outfit

Feminine Outfit

Purple Moon Items

Purple Moon Items

Sporty Outfit

Sporty Outfit

Glam/Flirty Outfit

Glam/Flirty Outfit

Lively Outfit

Lively Outfit

Eastern Outfit

Eastern Outfit

Basic Outfit

Basic Outfit

Girly Outfit

Girly Outfit

Psychedelic Outfit

Psychedelic Outfit

Boho-Chic Outfit

Boho-Chic Outfit

Gothic Outfit

Gothic Outfit

Baby-Doll Outfit

Baby-Doll Outfit


4 comments:

  1. Hi Marzi it’s Jo,
    Can I just say all these outfits look really fantastic they don’t look mismatched at all,
    I would totally put any of these on my character you should try selling them on Shopdo,
    Well Done,
    I was also going to ask could you please remove all 3 of my comments on your retrobeat challenge post please as they are really long and irrelevant Thanks so much,
    Thanks So Much :) X .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marzi it’s Jo,
      P.S the Gothic one is my fave,
      Thanks So Much :) X .

      Delete
    2. Hi Marzi thanks so much for removing my Retrobeat challenge comments,
      Thanks so much :) X .

      Delete