Sunday 29 July 2018

The Return Of The Original Style Boutique!

I was out shopping recently and decided to check out a local video games store to see what 3DS games they had in stock. It was my lucky day as I found a copy of the original Style Boutique game for the DS! I had this game years ago, but traded it in when I was doing a big clear out. I was actually looking for New Style Boutique, but they only had this one. So excited to find a copy and relive the good old days of the series.



Haven't had a chance to start it up yet but will do soon. I had a quick flick through the manual and I forgot how old the graphics were haha. I liked the information about the brands in the manual as I had forgotten that they had different names in the first game.





The game was a steal as well at only $5! The pricing was actually $15 but if you brought it with another pre-owned game, it was only $10 for the two. So I had a look through the games available and not that many good ones (mainly shovelware). I decided to pick up Imagine Fashion Model as it was the only game there that took my interest. Never played any of the Imagine series games but I'm not expecting much. I thought since it's fashion related, it could be fun for an afternoon. If it's not, op-shop it shall go!




Funny story about the video game store where I brought the games. I used to go there a lot when I worked in the same shopping centre but never really brought much there as it's quite expensive. Over the years, the store has never been able to work out what it wants to sell. For a while, it was pre-owned games and older consoles. Then pop culture toys were really big such as Adventure Time and Five Nights at Freddies. Once Pop Vinyls become a thing, the shop became full of them. Board games eventually followed and the video game section became smaller and smaller. I hadn't been to the store since last year and when I walked in there yesterday, I stopped and thought 'where'd the games go?' Usually they were at the front to the right, but I couldn't see them. Looked further into the store to find them shoved in the back corner. The 3DS games had been merged with Wii, WiiU and Switch stuff. Honestly I think the shop should just sell trading cards and pop culture stuff because that's all they push. Whilst I was shopping, I checked out EB Games as well (our version of Gamestop), but they didn't have anything interesting and you can never get served at that particular store.

8 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time playing those games and I have style boutique since 2014
    and I have enjoyed playing it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been playing the series since it came out in 2008 ago after seeing the demo for the first one on the Wii Shop. No idea why I got rid of the games years ago, I guess I wasn't interested in them anymore back then.

      Delete
  2. Are you going to do some journal on style boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. Once I figure out how to get some good pictures from the game. Usually I just use my phone camera when the photos don't save to the 3DS SD Card.

      Delete
  3. Ah, the good ol' days of Mad Jack and Alvarado...brings back a nostalgia blast, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Mad Jack sounds pretty good for the rock inspired brand. I read the Alvarado as Avocado and was greatly confused haha

      Delete
  4. Wow you must like fashion a lot, do you? I kinda like fashion too; I've got all the Style Boutique games, except for the first Style Boutique (Not the new one, the one you found!). Desperately really want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do like fashion! I sew a lot of my own clothes, wish I could wear them more but I wear a work uniform most of the week.

      The first one can be hard to find. I had it years ago, sold it but found it again recently as a games store. Maybe try online and sell if you can find it secondhand.

      Delete