Monday 1 August 2022

モデルデビュー2 ニコラ MODEL Debut2 #nicola!!!

Earlier this week I received a very special parcel in the mail and I am way too excited for this! I brought a Nintendo Switch game from Japan called MODEL Debut2 #nicola which is a fashion simulator game. Now I'm sure my readers by now have figured out that I really like fashion simulator games as I tend to post a lot about the Style Boutique series haha. Unfortunately Style Boutique is not available on the Switch and there isn't many fashion titles out there. So I'm rather excited to get hold of this game to live out my fashion dreams!


Originally I wasn't planning on buying this at all but decided to after a conversation with some friends. We were discussing cute games on the switch and I brought up MODEL Debut #nicola which is first game in this series. Once I googled it, I discovered there was a sequel released only just last year. Then that was all I could think about it! So I ended up ordering a copy from YesAsia because I thought why not? I've been dying for a fashion game on the Switch and this is the best thing I have available. I did buy some k-pop albums as well from YesAsia which I will post about soon.


The game is known as モデルデビュー2 ニコラ in Japan and there is a fair amount of information about the game online. It is based on a magazine targeted towards girls that is released in Japan and the 3DS had a game by the same magazine called Girls Fashion Shoot. MODEL Debut2 #nicola is a sequel to the first switch game and the graphics have definitely been improved! I love the poses on all the characters and the outfits look gorgeous. There are a number of activities you can do in the game such as coordinate outfits, take part in photoshoots and advertising campaigns or change hair and makeup. There is even a dating simulator part of the game apparently! I haven't got up to that yet so I cannot comment on it too much.
 

Isn't the box art quite pretty and colourful? I've always loved the Japanese box art of game releases, like the Girls Mode ones were way better than the Style Boutique ones we had here. The front cover has some cute girls posing as a group and the back contents snapshots from the game. Ah I cannot wait to play this in all my free time!! I have played about 2 hours so far as I have been busy with work and didn't have much time for gaming since I got it.


Now this game is entirely in Japanese and there is no English translation available in the game. I do not speak or read Japanese myself, so I've just been using the Google translate app on the phone or matching up the Japanese text to prompts in the game. It's fun so far but I will admit I have been stuck a few times. There is no plans to release this game outside of Japan and you will need to import it if you are interested in playing it. The game is one player only and there is a online sharing feature built into the game. Have not got up to that part yet but I am intrigued at what it will offer. The interior box art is gorgeous with some models posing in outfits. Switch cases always throw me off at how little there is inside. My copy came sealed and included a flyer inside.



I will 100% be posting content from MODEL Debut2 #nicola on the blog and I cannot wait to discover what the game has on offer. Already have a bunch of screenshots lined up for a play journal! Here are two pictures I took from the first time I played the game. How cute is my character?!?! I love the customisation options for the hair  and I went with this pigtail look I've actually been sporting in real life. No I don't have beautiful pastel pink hair sadly, I just loved this colour in the game. And with that, I will be back soon with more MODEL Debut2 #nicola content 




No comments:

Post a Comment