Thursday 19 July 2018

MOMOLAND 4th Mini Album Fun To The World - Album Review

Received my copy of MOMOLAND's new Korean album. It seems I've become quite a fan of the group this year. Going from having no albums to four albums since the start of this year. So let's get into the review of MOMOLAND's 4th Mini Album Fun To The World!


Fun To The World is MOMOLAND's 4th Mini Album and was released in June 2018. The album comes in one version and is smaller than the other MOMOLAND albums I have in my collection. The mini album includes the following contents:

  • CD- 5 track album
  • Photobook - 52 pages
  • Photocard - Random from 9 types
  • Sticker - 5 sheets

The mini albums design reflects the group celebrating other countries and travelling across the globe. The front cover has an illustration of a plane along with various images of tourist sights and MOMOLAND logos. I thought it was cute how the name is spelt out in shoes! I guess this ties in with the shuffle dance they do in the MV. The back cover has images of various countries flags and the track listing for the album. The CD sits nicely in a sturdy CD case which I'm always a fan of. The CD features the MOMOLAND logo and same colour scheme as the rest of the album.

Front and Back cover

Front cover


Back cover

Inside of the album

CD with the MOMOLAND logo

Now for the photobook and as usual, MOMOLAND doesn't disappoint! Their photobooks are always amazing and one of my top groups for photo books. Lots of lovely individual and group photos. Have to say that Jane has become one of my faves in the group this comeback. She just looks so stunning and has a beautiful voice. Here's a bunch of photos from various pages of the photobook.












Fun To The World is my first album I believe to include stickers! I've noticed quite a few groups doing this now with album releases. Whilst I do love stickers, I just can't bring myself to use ones like these as I like to treasure them and keep them in my collection. I'm more just into cute small stickers I can stick in my planner. You get five sticker sheets in the album and there's a variety of stickers included. Love JooE's full body one!







MOMOLAND's previous Korean album Great! (check out my review for that here!) has two photocards but unfortunately Fun To The World only has one. It's a selfie style one which aren't my favourite, I prefer the high quality album ones. I got Ahin's card which is nice as she's one of my faves.



The title track of Fun To The World is Baam which is an amazing song. Loved it from teh first listen. A lot of people are commenting on how it sounds the same as BBoom BBoom and I'm not going to lie, I can totally see the comparision. I'm not too fussed as I just want great music to listen to. I think I prefer Baam over BBoom BBoom because I prefer the instrumental and vocal arrangement of Baam. The song kinda sounds like a mash-up of T-ARA's Lovey Dovery and Crayon Pop's Doo Doom Chit. Both amazing songs and ones I love. 베리베리 Very Very is my second favourite track on the album and has a groovy sound to it. I'm not too fond of 빙고게임 Bingo Game, it just sounds like a bad kpop song from 2012. I could've done without this track. I feel it could work as a Japanese release though. Only One You is a nice slow style track and of course the BAAM instrumental finished off the album. Always love the inclusion of instrumentals.

The track listing for Fun To The World includes:

  1. BAAM
  2. 베리베리 Very Very
  3. 빙고게임 Bingo Game
  4. Only One You
  5. BAAM (Instrumental)
Digital cover for the album. Love this!

Another great album from MOMOLAND and a wonderful addition for my collection. I'm glad it wasn't as big as their last release so I can store it with the spine showing on my bookcase. I got my copy of the album from YesAsia and pre-ordered it before release. You can get it from pretty much all k-pop retailers currently. Now I'm only missing a few albums from the group for my collection and hopefully will pick them up this year. Looking forward to whatever MOMOLAND releases next! Here is the MV for Baam if you wish to hear the song.



No comments:

Post a Comment