Tuesday 10 April 2018

Daiso Haul - Super Cute Stickers!!

A while ago, Daiso finally opened up a store here and it stocks the most amazing stationery! It's quite amusing because nothing has a price tag (apart from sale items) so when I go there with friends and someone asks how much an item is, we always say 'almost $2.80!' Because everything is almost $2.80 which is the same as the other Japanese novelty store in town. Daiso has a good layout but they recently moved some stuff around so the sewing/craft stuff is in a different aisle further away from the stationery stuff now.


During my recent visit to Daiso, I picked up a few stationery items. I actually only went to the store for flash cards but ended up getting two other items as well. So I ended up getting the flash cards, a cute stamp set and a sheet of stickers.


First item is the stickers which are so adorable!! You get a large amount of small sized stickers for a cheap price and the quality is pretty good. The stickers are easy to remove from the backing and stick well to most surfaces. I'm using them in my scheduler/planner which they are the perfect size for. The styles of stickers vary from animals to shapes. The grey kitty ones are my favourites along with the Rilakkuma looking bears.





Now the flash cards are actually what I went into the store for and they don't disappoint! Daiso has a wide range of flash cards in a variety of sizes and styles. The photo below shows all the styles they have as well as some super cute sticker notes hanging on the side.


The ones I got are high quality and I love the grid pattern which makes it easier to space out words on. There isn't too much bleed-through with pens or markers which is always good when you are using both sides of the card. I'm using these for language flash cards and they are working well so far. You get 200 cards in a packet and the other packets have amounts like 200 or 100 in different sizes.


Lastly I picked up a new stamp set for a my collection. I've been collecting stamps for nearly 10 years now and I'm always happy to add news one to my collection. This particular set features four self-inked stamps that stack together into a cute block. I personally prefer non self-inked stamps because sometimes the ink won't come out even when you use the stamp. You can see an example of this in the bottom photo where I tried out the stamps. It's all about placement and pressure with stamps so might take some practice to get these to work perfectly. But I'm super happy with them because I didn't have stamps that featured sayings like 'Good Job'.



No comments:

Post a Comment