Sunday 1 April 2018

March Favourites

This month seemed to go by incredibly quick! A lot happened on Marzipan Wonderland this month as I took part in a 30 Day Challenge in Style Boutique. I had a lot of fun doing the challenge and with updating my blog regularly. Anyway, here are my favourites for the month of March.

Gaming

If you've been keeping up with my posts this month, you would've noticed that I played a lot of Style Boutique. Just scroll back through my blog posts if you would to know more about the outfit challenge I did. I will definitely be doing more challenges in the future with the game.



I've also been playing a fair amount of Disney Magical World this month. I've only been playing it though to grind money to craft items as you need a huge amount of coins to create items. I managed to finally get another medal yesterday which was exciting. One issue I have with the game is that the photos you take in teh game aren't transferable off the 3DS. I have so many great photos to share on here, so I'll figure out how to show them one day.

Actually finished a game this month which was Katamari Damacy for the PS2. I had been wanting to play it for years and finally played it this month. It was super fun and I throughly enjoyed the concept of the game. Plus it has an amazing soundtrack!

Beauty
New topic this month! Tried out some new products this month as I needed to get new ones for my hair and face. A few weeks ago my hair dryer broke so I had to buy a new one. Before I had a Remington one which was amazing. I always use ionic hairdryers because they look after your hair really well. But this time round, I decided to try a different brand. I ended up getting the VS Sasson Keratin Protect Dryer which is quite good. The keratin and ionic conditioning help reduce fizz and dryer is incredibly light weight so it's easy to hold.


A few other beauty products I tried out were face ones from Neutrogena. The original face products I was using from Sukin and Nivea were not working too well on my skin anymore. I found the Sukin one was cleaning my face as throughly as I'd like and the Nivea face cream which I had been using for years was just making my face feel greasy during the day. So I decided to switch brands and move to Neutrogena who I've always had good luck with face products wise. I use the sensitive face sunscreen from them and it's amazing. The new products I'm using now for my face are the Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser and the Oil-Free Moisture for sensitive skin. Both are super gentle on the skin and leave your skin feeling refreshed and not greasy or oiling during the day. I also got the Alcohol-Free toner as my old toner from Biore had run out and I wanted to get a new one that was alcohol-free. I try to buy products that don't contain alcohol as I find it dries my skin out. The toner works well, just sometimes spills everywhere if you aren't careful putting it on a cotton bud.

Music
This month I got a very special CD haul from Japan, but I'll post more about that soon. I've been into using Spotify recently and one of the albums I've been enjoying on there is Blackpink's Japanese album. I don't follow the group at all, but I quite like some of their earlier songs. Plus the Japanese ones are great because funnily enough they are mostly english so it's easy to sing along to.

Finally got into the group Happiness after being a fan of E-Girls for a long time. Listened to some of their songs on Spotify and I dig their unique sound. One of my favourites is Ordinary Girls which I've linked below so you can jam to it as well.



I posted about getting Momoland's latest album a while ago and I've been enjoying listening to that. Apart from the amazing Bboom Bboom, my other favourite track of the album is Same Same. It's a cute upbeat song and I've linked it below if you'd like to hear it.



Sewing
Still working on the jacket pattern from Simplicity that I listed in my monthly favourites in February. Just haven't had the chance to finish it yet as I had to look around for a zip and haven't had time to work on it lately. Hopefully I'll finish it early in April as I'd like to wear it whilst the weather is still not too cold.

2 comments:

  1. Katamari is fun isn't it? Not to mention the killer soundtrack! Do you have any favourite tracks in particular?

    Funny that you would mention Blackpink. I checked them out a while back when I was browsing CDJapan's spring clearance sale. Specifically, I listened to the Blackpink album(mini album?) but while the songs were good, it wasn't really my jam.

    Another group I checked out was Silent Siren, they had a song called Fujiyama Disco that was pretty catchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For Katamari, I like Lonely Rolling Star mostly but there are some others that I can't remember the exact titles for right now.

      Yeah I'm not massively into Blackpink, I just really like Boombayah, Whistle and Playing With Fire. They literally only have five songs so that's nearly all their discography haha.

      I've never used CDJapan but it's something I'm interested in. Their payment system isn't what I usually use though so I think that's why I haven't used it yet and the shipping can be pricey to Australia.

      Delete