Monday 16 April 2018

Shopdo Update - New Boutique Design!

Something different with this week's Shopdo update! I finally changed the design of my boutique. I don't do that often enough so I thought why not try a new look this week. More on that later on in the post, but I'll tell you that I went with a psychedelic theme and some of this weeks outfit match the boutique look. My Shopdo ID is 0006271056 if you would to visit and play Style Boutique 3.

The first outfit for this week's outfit is actually a special one. Working off last's weeks Cece outfit, I've decided to go with Callie's outfit from Fashion Forward this time. It's a simple outfit to create and looks super cool. For the second outfit, I went with one of my favourite dresses in the game. I just adore this 60's inspired dresses from Retrobeat with the flower print. Used some other items from Retrobeat for the rest of the outfit. The final outfit was inspired by the stunning psychedelic outfits I had been coming across whilst visiting other Shopdo's. So many of the girls had these skirts on from Retrobeat so I built at outfit around the black polka dot version. More Retrobeat items round out the remainder of the outfit and I used my favourite beret of course! Boring names for both psychedelic outfits, I'm so unimaginative with names.





Now for the new layout of my boutique! I went with a psychedelic look as I was inspired by layouts of boutiques I had visited on Shopdo. There's quite a few quirky coloured and designed shelf and table items to use for this kind of theme. I rotated two circle style ones around so they looked like some wacky display. One problem I did encounter that I've seen before is that the game prevented from letting me put any more miniatures in the boutique. It seems there is a limit and the photo below has all the items I could place. I had so many more I wanted to include and it's so boring how the game prevents you from placing more.



8 comments:

  1. I kind of neglected the psychedelic or lively styles in previous games, but for some reason in Styling Star I started taking more interest in them. They're fun to coordinate especially if you mix them up with other items!

    I find the item limit to be really annoying as well. It felt like you could place so many more items in Fashion Forward because I never hit the item limit once in that game. And for some items like the covered display cases, you used to be able to put additional items on top of the case, but that was taken out in Styling Star.

    I have a shop layout where I also rotated two half-displays to make them one whole one! Great minds think alike I guess. :P Unfortunately I can't use that layout yet since I'm missing something. Would you happen to know if there's a light/pastel blue coat rack? It has to be a long one like the one currently in your shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The item limit is so silly. I could've clearly fitted at least four or five more items into this room. I never hit a limit in Fashion Forward either and I used to place stacks of miniatures in a room.

      Do mean like the yellow one at the back of the room with the two coats hanging on it? There isn't a light blue one, but there is a white one. Same as the white one from Fashion Forward.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, the yellow one. Dangit, there goes my colour coordination! I guess I'll have to use a different type of rack or see if there's another colour. The interior I'm working on is baby doll pastel blue and pink, which is why.

      Delete
    3. The miniatures/furniture items are very limited in Styling Star, they even took out the lovely light blue large display that I adored (the one that you could hang two coats on plus an item at the top). You could try using another table as they are available in light blue. Not the same I know, but at least it's the same colour.

      Delete
  2. Hi Marzipanini it's owner ID 0003531208 here your character and boutique look beautiful and I love the Callie outfit I bought all three outfit's they're gorgeous I had all the Callie item's except the top/inner so really pleased about that could you please please please PLEASE do Adelaide's outfit next and mabye the nearest hair and makeup equivalent thank you so much. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my outfits!

      Not sure what you mean by nearest hair and make-up. Do you mean on my character because you can't put hair or makeup on the mannequin at Shopdo if you are referring to that with the Adelaide outfit.

      Delete
    2. Hi sorry to confuse you I basically meant sell Adelaides outfit and then just a hair and make up guide to the fashion forward characters separately I think the fashion forward characters are fantastic I got Sophies hair right but I couldn't get the exact shade of blonde ? So I used darkest brown (my natural colour) And pink flamingo highlights it looks really good (like a brunette sophie) can you also do callies equivalents in the guide (no rush, no pressure) thanks so much. X

      Delete
    3. Oh yes I understand what you mean now. It can be difficult to get an exact match for characters hair and make-up as styles were removed in Styling Star and the colour palette isn't the same. I might do a post about it when I have some more free time.

      Delete