Saturday 1 September 2018

30 Day Cosplay Challenge Day 1 - Daphne Blake from Scooby Doo

Finally it's time to start the Style Boutique/Style Savvy Cosplay Challenge! Now this challenge has been around on tumblr for a while, so I thought I'd give it a go this September. I wasn't able to find the original post of the Challenge by gracellot-is-tired, but the general idea of the challenge is to cosplay 30 different characters over 30 days. Most people seem to do anime cosplays when they do it, however I'm not into anime so I thought I'd take a different approach. I will be cosplay characters and artists from things that I love whether it be music, movies, games or tv. So let's get started!

For day 1, I decided to go with Daphne Blake from Scooby Doo as she is one of my favourite cartoon cartoons. I used to cosplay her a few years ago and I even have her Pop Vinyl figure! I went with Daphne's original design and costume as that one is my favourite. She generally wears this outfit in most series and films.



This outfit was actually quite easy to create! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find items that matched perfectly, but by using the search function with plain selected, I was able to find each piece. It's a mashup of feminine and basic style items. The tights were something I was worried about, I couldn't find a perfect match that I liked so I went with this pink toned pair as I thought that matched the cosplay outfit I used to wear for her. The boots were a close match as well and even matched the tone of the dress.








No comments:

Post a Comment