Thursday 13 September 2018

Animal Crossing New Leaf - Looking Back Through Time Part 2

Time for another scroll down memory lane in Animal Crossing New Leaf. I found a bunch more pictures to share from a few years ago of my adventures in the game. You can read my first Animal Crossing New Leaf memory post here! Let's get started with some beautiful rainbows that appeared in my town. They look absolutely marvellous against the blue sky.


Throwback to when my town had like no development and this part of my town had barely any trees. It looks great all open and simple! I caught Pete walking around town that day and snapped a quick pic with him.


Don't you just love pitfall seeds in Animal Crossing? They are a super fun time! Not. Managed to catch a few pictures of my character falling into them over the years. Also how bad is the grass erosion in the second picture? There's like zero grass in the picture. That's one feature I dislike in New Leaf, I wish they had kept it like Wild World where you could just run everywhere and not care about the grass dying because it didn't.




I took this photo right after my character got out of a pitfall hole and it always makes me laugh. She looks so angry at those flowers. More terrible grass erosion in this area. I did manage to grow most of this grass back by planting flowers over it and watering the area constantly.



Back when I was digging up fossils, I used to sell them at a huge mark-up at Re-Tail to my villagers to earn quick cash. It was a great scam however I got sick of visiting their houses to only find ugly fossils. 


Occasionally Re-Tail will have specials on some hilarious items. Sea Bass is one of my favourites because who on earth is going to take advantage of that! I always throw them back into the ocean. Ore was a favourite of mine as I had been hoarding Ore for ages for this exact moment. Another great one was shark but I didn't get a picture of that. I used to hoard sharks waiting for that special as you would get so much money selling them at the higher price.



A quick shooting star travelling through my town. This photo must be so old as I don't even know which section of the town it is and there's barely any development. Plus I remember wearing this silly cat costume very early on in the game. So I'm guessing it's from 2013 when I first got the game.


During winter time, you can create Snow People in the game and collect special winter themed items from them. I think I almost have the whole set from each family member as I've made quite a few Snow characters over the years. The bingo one is always a favourite just because of the scary eyes. Once I built three snowmen in one tiny area and it was amusing to see them all sitting there together.



Hanging out with my pal Resetti. I haven't actually seen him for years as his place is never open when I play. He has some amusing dialogue which is nice because I hated him in Wild World as he used to scare my character all the time.


I believe this was my first hybrid flower in the game and I worked pretty hard to get it. I followed those guides that tell you to plant types of flowers in a certain pattern in order to trigger a hybrid to appear. I find it works most of the time, nowadays I just get boring coloured hybrids and never the cool blue ones.


Isn't Bill adorable in this photo? He is one of my favourite villagers just for his silly expressions. Rather old photo here as the town tree is tiny and this area isn't developed much. I remember getting those persimmons from someone at a convention as I hadn't yet unlocked the island.


I have no idea what's going on in this photo. One villager is crying up the top and another is hiding behind a tree. No I wasn't playing Hide and Seek, these strange things just happened at the same time I took this photo.


A bit more development of my town can be seen in this photo. I miss this cute heart tiles, I had them for so long in my town. I got rid of them as they didn't have a solid border like I wanted for the paths in my town. This area used to have a lot of bushes as well as I thought they looked nice for paths. I have a few trees around here now as I couldn't place anymore bushes down.


Here's some pictures of my character hanging out with my two fave villagers Frita and Bill. The first picture is an old one of my house interior when I had the pastel kiddie set placed in my main room. It's such a well designed set once customised by Cyrus as the colours match perfectly.



Intense fishing tourney happening here! Who knows if there even was a fish there haha. It's cute when the villagers have animations like this. I wish there was more of that or if you actually saw them catch something.


Only reason I put chairs or keep stumps in my town is to see the villagers using them. They always look so adorable! I miss the stump I used to have next to the train station, it was in a good location. Unfortunately a villager move near there and I had to put a path over the stump.


And now we'll finish off with this sweet picture of Bill and I relaxing on a bench. It's one of my favourite pictures from the game. Not much development in this area as it now has a lot of paths, projects, houses and trees around it. I hope you enjoy this old pictures of my town and I have some more pictures to share in the future. If you would to visit my Animal Crossing New Leaf town, you can find it at the Dream Address 7A00-004D-AD3C (Sunbury).


No comments:

Post a Comment