Sunday 12 August 2018

Animal Crossing New Leaf - Looking Back Through Time Part 1

I thought it would be a fun idea to go back through my old photos from Animal Crossing New Leaf and talk about the adventures I've had in my town. I recently reached five years as mayor in the game so that means it's been five years since I started playing the game. I've taken a lot of photos over the years, so it's time to take a look back through them.

First off, here are some photos from the lovely light up night sky during the Aurora event. This event occurs during winter nights when the sky is clear. The tones in the Aurora look beautiful with the purple and pink tones of the flowers in my town and pink tones of my house.






Here are some of my insect hunting adventures. I'm quite skilled at catching tarantulas and scorpions, I think I have about ten at my house now. Once you work out to the stealth after them, it's super easy to catch them when you know they are near. I don't catch many nowadays as there's too many trees in my town and there isn't enough open space to see them crawling around.








I love when the tourneys are on in town and the villagers take part. I took this amusing photo a few years ago of three villagers all stalking the same bug. It just looks so silly!



During the month of August, fireworks happen in the town. I had a few different pictures saved from a few years back. I miss the constellations from Wild World that you used to be able to add to your night sky. I'd love to see that added back in as a feature if a Switch version comes out.






Here is the amazing time I caught the elusive coelacanth. I actually caught one first try which was great as this fish can be tricky to catch. I never caught one in Wild World and was the only fish I was missing, so I determined to catch one in New Leaf. I think I've caught about two or three more since and you can only catch them when it's raining or snowing.



Gulliver just loves to hang around on my beach. I don't talk to him much anymore as I have all the items from him. I managed to save these two pictures from two sayings from him that I thought were amusing.





Sometimes the villagers will play Hide and Seek with your character. Years ago, I didn't have as much stuff placed in my town so it was easy to find villagers hiding. Here's some silly pictures of villagers hiding in top spots. I love the way they lean round to check, it's so cute.





With the help of some of my friends and people in my Nintendo club, I manage to complete my fossil collection within a decent amount of time. I've completed all the museum sets now so my museum is 100% complete. That was one of the things I wanted to achieve in the game as I never got to 100% with my museum in Wild World.


Some pictures of my character hanging around the museum. The first picture of Frita and I is so adorable. She is my favourite villager by far. The second picture is of my character watching the scorpion and tarantula fighting at the Insect exhibit.




Some various pictures of my character chilling out at home. I've changed my room designs around a little bit, so I should post a house tour one day. I love this colourful wallpaper which I have in my first room. I usually customise items to make them the pink colour as I have quite a few pink themed rooms.






That one time I found a special rock with all the ores in it. I haven't seen one of these for a while now. This picture is quite old as non of my town is developed and my town tree is tiny. Must've been when I first started the game and also when I didn't know you could get tanned. That's why my character is so dark. Eventually I worked out you could wear a hat to prevent it.


And the final picture for this post is of the first perfect fruit I found in my town. It actually took me ages to find a perfect apple. My friends got perfect fruit really quick in their towns but mine took a while. I have a few perfect apple trees now that I harvest occasionally to sell in other towns for a higher price.


That's the first lot of old Animal Crossing New Leaf photos I have to share. I will do a few more of these posts as I have more photos to share. It was fun looking back at old pictures of my town and seeing areas that weren't developed yet or full of trees. Kinda makes me want to clear out my town again but that would take forever and I don't have that kinda of time at the moment. Sometimes during winter in the game, I clear out the trees to roll snowballs easier so maybe I'll do it around then.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, I had no idea that Animals Crossing had so much content and that you could get that creative and designing your own furnitures !

    I am in love with your Aurora screenshots, it has such a magical and authentic feel, especially with the snow on the trees and the roof !

    As I told you I have a hard time to get stuck to this game but your posts really motivated to try again and I have finally started the game and designed my first dress !

    Do you also play Happy Home Designer ? What do you think ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The game has plenty of things to do, I spent a lot of time designing my town and trying to collect items. Badges can be hard to get sometimes, I'm still working on some five years later. I have stacks more photos from the game, so I'll definitely be doing more of these posts.

      You should totally give the game another shot. Like decide on a task to focus on and work on that. I have Happy Home Designer but it's nowhere near as good as New Leaf. I brought it when it came out mainly for the NFC reader but barely played it. I should give it another try to see if I can get into it more.

      Delete