Thursday 16 August 2018

7-Day Style Savvy Challenge

Found a new challenge to do in New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star! This one is called the 7-Day Style Savvy Challenge and was created by sportystylist on tumblr. You can find the original challenge post here! I thought I'd try this challenge out because it looked fun and had some themes I haven't tackled yet. So here we go!

Day 1: Favourite colours
Went with a pink outfit of course for this day as pink is my ultimate favourite colour. I went for a pastel kind of pink as I love pastel tones. Thought I'd use one of these poncho style outers as they are one of my top new items in the game. And it's the first time I've used these socks and they matched perfectly!




Day 2: Favourite style
Whilst I have a few favourite styles in Styling Star, I went with girly as that's always been my go-to style in the series. I went with a navy toned outfit as I tend to wear a lot of navy in real life. This outfit is a cute casual look for hanging out with friends on the weekend. The items in this outfit are ones I often use in the game series.





Day 3: Inspired by a friend's style
My friend's and I have pretty casual styles because most of us wear work uniforms during the week, so it's nice to just chill out in casual attire on days off. So I decided to go for a pop culture inspired tee as my friend's and I tend to wear these nearly all the time. I used a Kirby Tee I designed for an amiibo guide and some simple three quarter pants and sneakers.




Day 4: Inspired by a celebrities style
For this theme, I went with Audrey Hepburn as she's always been a style icon for me. This outfit was inspired by one of my Audrey Hepburn prints I have on a wall. Went for a combination of chic and feminine for the outfit along with a tiara and necklace from Purple Moon to add that elegant touch.




Day 5: Holiday inspired
I originally was going to go for Australia Day for this theme, but that would've looked too summer generic with shorts and a t-shirt. So I decided it was time to bust out one of the festive outfits from Purple Moon. I used the green one as I've never really used it. I think the inner/top is the best part of this outfit, I often use it in outfits for customers.




Day 6: Inspired by your OC or animal
I'm not into OC's so I wasn't really sure what to do for this one. I decided to go with a cosplay of Isabelle from Animal Crossing because I thought that mashed OC and animal together. Plus it gave me an excuse to use the Town Secretary Tee from Purple Moon. There is a hairstyle in the game that reminds me of Isabelle's appearance, so I used that for the photo shoot. Took some photos at NIN10 of course because it felt the closest to the town hall from New Leaf.




Day 7: Colour palette
And the final day's theme is to design an outfit based around a colour palette. I decided to go with a purple toned outfit which then turned into a glam/flirty theme outfit. I've made similar outfits to this in the past as it seems I just can't get enough of this type of look! This and Day 1 outfit would be my favourite looks from this challenge.




And that's all for the 7-Day challenge! I enjoyed this challenge as it was simple and quick with nice variety of outfits. If you liked seeing the outfits I created for the challenge, don't forget to check out my other challenges listed on my Style Boutique page.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marzi it’s Jo,
    I love this post my fave is a draw between Isabelle and Audrey Hepburn as I think they’re both so accurate,
    Styling Star is an amazing game it was just a little rushed and could have had more to do after the main story was finished,
    I have recently gotten back into Amiibo figure collecting,
    Keep up the challenges they’re great,
    I’m also loving your Animal Crossing content,
    Thanks So Much :) X .


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Styling Star was definetly rushed. I don't even play the game besides Shopdo and making outfit challenges now as nothing happens. My boutique is so boring.

      I'm hoping to get some more ACNL stuff out next month :)

      Delete