Tuesday 14 August 2018

KARA Jumping ジャンピン - Single Review (CD+DVD Edition)

It's about time I started doing some reviews of some KARA CD's since I have a whole stack of them to get through. KARA was the first group I got into when I became interested in K-Pop and J-Pop many years ago. I've made it one of my goals to collect all their releases and my collection grew a little bit recently with some purchases off Zenmarket. So I thought today we'd look at KARA's Japanese single Jumping ジャンピン.


Front cover of ジャンピン by KARA

Jumping ジャンピン is the second Japanese single released by Korean pop group KARA and was released in 2010. The single was released in four editions: CD+DVD, CD+Photobook, CD Only First Press & CD Only. I own the CD+DVD copy and I got my copy used from Zenmarket so it did not include an OBI strip. My used copy of Jumping ジャンピン came with the following contents:
  • Jewel case
  • Lyrics booklet
  • Information leaflet
  • CD - 3 track album
  • DVD


Back cover of ジャンピン

The single design is pretty minimalist with the girls posing in black outfits on the front and back cover. Each edition of the single has a different cover and all of KARA's Japanese singles have similar designs. Inside the jewel case, there are two gorgeous discs and a lyrics booklet. The CD has a stunning magenta colour tone whilst the DVD has a violet tone. The case was in good condition for a used copy and the CD and DVD both played fine in a disc drive.


Front and back covers





The lyrics booklet contains the lyrics for the two tracks on the album and some production/credit details. There was a information leaflet included with some details about the single and group. I'm surprised the seller left this in there, but I guess maybe they forgot about it. I guess because it doesn't have any codes on it, it wasn't useful to them.





The CD+DVD edition of the single contains only three tracks which are all Japanese versions of their Korean songs:
  1. Jumping ジャンピン
  2. Burn バーン
  3. Jumping (Instrumental) ジャンピン
The CD Only First Press edition comes with the original Korean version of the single and the CD+Photobook edition has the same track list as the one I have. Jumping has always been one of my top KARA songs and I can't decide which version I like better. I'm fine with either the Korean or Japanese one. I think the Japanese version has a good dance version for the MV however the Korean version has better album cover. Burn バーン is a upbeat track that reminds me of the original KARA releases from The First Bloooooming. The DVD contains the original MV of Jumping ジャンピン plus the dance version and the making of. 


Track listing on the single.

Here are the covers of the other editions of the Jumping ジャンピン single. I don't have a stand out favourite just yet, they all look pretty nice. I am planning on collecting the other editions so we'll wait and see how they all look together. Looking to get the physical edition of the Korean album Jumping as well so it will be interesting to see how photobooks compare.


CD Only First Press & CD Only Cover

CD+Photobook Cover

I brought my copy of Jumping ジャンピン used from Japan and I was pleased with the CD I received. It was part of a KARA single set from Zenmarket and they were all in good condition. As I always like to post the MV's of the singles I review, here is the MV of the song as well as the dance version.





No comments:

Post a Comment