Thursday 31 May 2018

May Favourites & Blog Update

The last day of May brings the end of Autumn and soon the beginning of winter. However it's been freezing cold here recently so it could've been winter already. Nicer weather the past few days, so hopefully it stays that way for a little while. Anyway, time for my monthly favourites! I've also written a little update on the blog at the end of this post about my plans for future posts.

Gaming
Goes without saying, been playing New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star of course! Managed to get a few new customers in my boutique recently and I've seen the chased the story line girls off for a while thankfully. Besides Style Boutique, I'm still grinding away at Disney Magical World trying to craft all the items. I'm stuck at the moment trying to obtain rare items like the Rainbow Clover and Fairy Diamond Bubbles to make some items. Other than that, I collected all the Easter set and just waiting for other holidays later this year to get more items for the 100% collection. I took this funny photo from the game that I thought was amusing as it wasn't Easter in the game anymore. Easter started in-game after Easter had occurred in the real world. Excuse the camera photo as you cannot move photos from the game off the 3DS as they aren't stored on the SD Card.

It's not Easter anymore!

Besides 3DS games, I'm looking forward to a game on Steam called House Flipper. It was released recently, but I'm waiting till it comes on sale during one of the many Steam sales to pick it up. I find it quite fascinating and interesting as the game lets you basically remodelled a house and decorate the interior. Sounds right up my alley!

Music
Got a bunch of new singles and albums this month which I've posted about before so I've been listening to them. Besides those, I've really been into E-girls latest release Showtime. Haven't got the new album just yet as I'm saving up to get the top version, but I've been streaming the album on Spotify. No stand out faves just yet, but Showtime is definitely on that list. 


Another song I've been into this month was (G)Idle's debut song Latata. Loved it from the first listen! Looking forward to seeing what their future releases are like and I need to make time to listen to their debut album as I've seen people raving about it.


There's a few more new tracks that came out this month that I haven't had a chance to listen to yet like AOA's new release Bingle Bangle. Really need to work on getting some new music on my MP3 so I can listen to them at the gym and in the car.

Television
This month I've been super invested in watching Produce 101 China. I'm so obsessed with this show and personally I prefer this version over the Korean one (season 1). I find the China one is a bit more positive and less drama. My fave girl so far is Gao Qiuzi because of her upbeat personality and hilarious antics. Plus she's actually quite talented in singing and dancing. I'm actually quite fond of all the girls on a show so it's hard to narrow down my top faves. Yamy and Sunhee are pretty cool and I've become more interested in Meiqi who is from WJSN. I'll definitely need to look her past performances up! I've linked the theme song MV below and be sure to look up the episodes (they are subbed too) if you are interested in watching this amazing show.



Sewing
I actually finished the jacket from Simplicity 8418 this month! Took a little while as I encountered a few hiccups along the way, but it's finally done. I'll post a review of the pattern next month. I have started a new project which is a knit dress from Simplicity pattern 2054. I'm making View A without the cowl thing and hopefully it will be a quick project as it's only a few pieces.


Stationery
Still obsessed with my cute stickers from Daiso! I use them in my planner and they are just perfect for the monthly spread pages. I keep checking back at Daiso to see if they get them back in again or similar ones, but they haven't updated their stickers for a little while. I did get some more needle felting supplies from there the other day which I'll post about soon.

Blog Update
Now for a little blog update. I've been thinking about this blog recently and the direction it's headed. Lately I've been doing a lot of posts about New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star and whilst it's been super fun, I'd really like to start posting more varied content on the blog along with the gaming stuff. One of the reasons I started this blog was to share my interests and collections. I often find sometimes when I'm looking for information on certain products (such as items from Japan), I can't find enough information. So I wanted to start blogging about these items so I could help others find helpful information and pictures of these types of things. I've done posts like these in the past and I'd really like to continue on doing that.

So here's the plan for the blog starting from the month of June:

  • Posts about New Style Boutique 3/Style Savvy will continue, I definitely won't stop posting about the game! I'm just going to focus on more detailed and fun blog posts about the game. Shopdo updates will still be on Mondays, but I'll be taking a little break from challenges for a little while. I'm thinking of revamping challenges and combining them maybe into one big post rather than spreading them out. I will be posting more discussion posts about the game/series, such as what I'd like to see in the future and more Fashion Forward content. I will be doing a Winter lookbook just like the Autumn one I just did.
  • More gaming related posts that aren't just Style Boutique. There are so many games I enjoy playing and I'd love to share my adventures and opinions on those. I have blogged about other games in the past and I'd like to start talking about games such as Animal Crossing a bit more.
  • I shall continue on with music reviews as I've got quite a few singles and albums to get through. I quite enjoy blogging about these and anything music related really. I'd like to share my non K-Pop/J-Pop CD collection one day as well so people know that I do listen to something other than E-girls haha.
  • Posts about my interests and collections. A few years ago, I had an old blog where I used to post about my toy collection, book reviews and fashion. So I thought it would be great to get back into the habit of posting interesting pieces from my collections to share with others. So get ready for a lot of Barbie related items and 90's nostalgia!
  • Sewing and craft related posts! Considering this is my main hobby outside of collecting J-Pop and K-Pop, I barely post about it. So I'd like to doing more posts on that, especially needle felting as that's been my recent adventure (with some success so far).
  • Random blog style posts. I have a little notebook that I write all my ideas down in for posts and I've got quite a list now for non-Style Boutique/gaming/music related ones. It should be fun posting some lifestyle/blog style posts!

That sums about everything up! Basically I want to start posting a variety of content as well as more focused content about Style Boutique. I probably won't be posting every single day and want to spend time on putting out quality posts. Also a big thank you to all my readers of Marzipan Wonderland as well as my other Style Boutique blogs! Let me know in the comments if you have any ideas or requests for blog posts! Here's a lovely photo of my local Koala as a present for reading all this! Plus I needed an excuse to post a picture of him to show SlyBlue :)

Isn't he adorable?

24 comments:

  1. Gotta admit, Latata is pretty catchy!

    Your plans for your blog sound really exciting! I'm looking forward to all the new content you have planned. :)

    Talking about music, since I have money again, I went on a shopping spree and decided to order a complete discography of a rather obscure singer and poet whom I am a big fan of, Toriyama Masaki. Some of the CDs just have her reading poetry to gentle piano music, I don't know why but it's incredibly soothing. I used CD Japan's proxy service this time, I find if you're ordering a lot of items it's a better deal than Zenmarket.

    I recall seeing some of your toy/Barbie posts earlier, they were fun to look at! I'm sort of a collectaholic so it's always nice to look at other peoples' collections no matter what they are.

    And that koala is so cute omg! Is he there all the time? To an outsider it's a definite novelty, but I guess it's just another day in Australia for you :P

    PS: A user called Razzberriezz is doing your 30-day challenge on Tumblr. Thought you might be interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Latata is super catchy, I hope they continue with songs like that.

      I'm looking forward to it also. I was just getting a little bored of only posting Style Boutique stuff, so I want to expand a bit. Hoping to get some posts up this week :)

      I've never used CD Japan. I've made an account but I couldn't work out their payment system. I usually use a card and it wanted paypal, so I didn't go through with my order. What method do you use to pay on there? I mainly use Zenmarket to buy through Yahoo Auctions, but I'll definitely need to check out CD Japan's proxy if you can use that for stores.

      Yay for another collectaholic! I have quite a few different collections so look forward to that!

      The koala lives in a park near me and has been there for a few years. Once another koala came and wanted to claim the tree for himself and they thought for 3 days straight. It was so loud and they both gave up and walked away. Then the original one came back a few days later and he's been living there a while. Some pink Galahs nested on his favourite branch recently, so he's moved into a nearby tree. Haha yes, it's typical Australia or Straya as people love to say here.

      I do check out Razzberriez's tumblr! I hadn't seen that she started it, but I checked out and looks great!

      Delete
    2. I hope to post about other games soon too, as soon as I figure out which game I want to write about! I usually take my laptop with me to work so I can write my posts during lunch break, so time is no longer an issue. It's coming up with all the screenshots that takes the most time.

      I've used CD Japan for 10+ years and love them. Their customer service is top-notch, friendly, and prompt. They offer points rewards for purchases over a certain amount (I think the first threshold is 5000 yen, then 10,000 yen), so if you buy a lot of CDs regularly you'll definitely get good use out of the points. They didn't open their proxy shopping service until about 3-5 years ago (I think). They handle auctions as well but I don't know about their response time compared to Zenmarket since I almost never buy auction items. I think for auctions Zenmarket has a better system in place, so for those you may want to stick with them.

      For CD Japan's proxy service they charge a one-time 500 yen service fee, and an additional 10% based on the order total if it's above 5000 yen. If your total is below 5000 yen then it's a flat 500 yen. And of course, if there is domestic shipping then you're responsible for that as well.

      For me, what's great about this is that I can order items from a bunch of different shops or sellers and only pay one 500 yen service fee for all those items, as opposed to Zenmarket who charges 300 yen per item. If I were to buy 10 items that would be 3000 yen in Zenmarket fees alone!

      I use a card for paying at CD Japan and never had any problems. Did they force you to use Paypal? That seems kind of odd.

      The downside of being a collectaholic is running out of space for all the items I'm hoarding lol.

      I heard koalas can be pretty noisy (and mean) when they fight! That must have been quite the ruckus, especially for three days!

      Any chance we could convince you to go back to Tumblr? :P Though I'm sure you have your hands full managing all these blogs, haha.

      Delete
    3. Play journals are the best thing for blogging about games. You can use lots of pictures and just talk about what you've been doing in game. Or maybe talk about achievements or outfits/environments in the game.

      I have noticed they have a point system. I often buy J-Pop CD's from YesAsia as I get free shipping and I usually order them when I get K-Pop ones. Zenmarket is best for auctions for me as it's so simple to bid and search for items. Plus the fees are low and shipping is decent for me. Amazon and our government is blocking overseas Amazon sites from Australians soon, so I might have to use CD Japan sometime in the future if it's the only site that stocks certain releases. I never really buy from stores in Japan as I only really collect CD's and books which are easy to get hold of. There's lots of lovely thing's I'd love to collect from Japan but I just don't have the wallet big enough for them haha. I think the issue with paypal was that it wanted me to pay through Paypal but credit card didn't come up as the option on there. It wanted to pay with the paypal balance, not with a card like you can on eBay. Maybe it was just that time I tried.

      Space definitely is a problem! I don't have much room where I am currently, so I try to get rid of older CD's or books if I get new ones.

      Koalas sound like strangling noises sometimes when they fight and lots of grunting.

      I used to have a tumblr years ago, like 2011 to 2016/17?. I decided to delete my account as I just felt too old for the website and most of blogs I was on there for were no longer active. I mainly used it to follow kpop ones but the groups disbanded so they no longer updated. Then I found it a big time consuming to update and I wanted to cut down on the amount of websites I was using, so tumblr had to go. Yeah it's hard enough running all these blogs and I probably won't have as much time to update them eventually, so I don't think I could handle another social media.

      Delete
  2. Hi Marzi Happy June!
    That Koala is absolutely adorable do you have a name for him?.
    Also I saw in one of you Old old old posts that you got a Scooby Doo POP! Vinyl figure
    I love POP! I have quite a few.
    Sorry I haven't commented recently I went on a holiday that was spread across two Accommodation's the first place didn't have Wi-Fi but the second one did.
    But everything went wrong and we came home early it was a disaster holiday.
    I'm really looking forward to your new content your inspirational.
    Also I collect everything too Haha.
    It's my Birthday In June (Excited/Nervous)
    Thanks so much (Proud Of U) X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just call him Mr Koala or the Koala haha.

      Yes I brought a Daphne Pop Vinyl ages ago as that was the main one I wanted to collect. I'm not really into Pop's but I have Daphne and two others that were gifts which are Space Ghost and Mabel Pines.

      Delete
    2. Hi Marzi
      Silly me I forgot to say who I was it's me ID 0003531208
      Mr Koala is a cute name for him you can imagine him being called Mr Something.
      I would love to walk outside my house and see a Koala like him.
      I just love POP! I love their design their eyes their outfits and their size.
      I really wish they would make some Style Boutique POP! Vinyl's imagine that.
      I'm really enjoying my 3Ds at the moment I'm hoping to get Detective Pikachu for my Birthday as I love Pokémon.
      Are you interested in buying any new 3Ds games?.
      Thanks so much X.

      Delete
    3. Don't worry, I figured out it was you from the comment :)

      There aren't that many Koalas randomly living in teh suburbs here, it just depends on where you live as they appear more near national parks and scrub areas.

      I'm not a huge fan of Pop Vinyls, the eyes can be scary most of the time. They're just not something I'm not into collecting and I only have some mainly from gifts.

      Not really in the market for new 3DS games at the moment as there is hardly any that interest me. Plus games are quite expensive here to buy new or pre-owned. The only one I want to get is Cooking Mama Sweet Shop as I have all the other ones in the series.

      Delete
  3. You could do like a Nintendo 3ds games collection or something like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea :) I don't have a huge collection, but I do have some great games.

      Delete
  4. Awww, he's just as adorable as I imagined <3

    I've been meaning to get around to posting about other games too. I'm just not sure how I want to go about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so cute isn't he! I think he's moved somewhere else this week (probably down into the creek bushland) because the weather isn't pretty terrible here with winter.

      Play journals are the best idea. You can easily share what you've been doing in the game and opinions. Plus it's great if it's on a game where it's easy to get screenshots from.

      Delete
    2. Screenshots are my main problem, honestly. I don't like the idea of not being able to include screenshots in my posts, but I also don't really have any other games that I can get screenshots from. None except for Pokemon, which is...rather limited in that regard. I've got some Trio of Towns/Adventure Bar Story screenshots from Miiverse, but since I can't take any more...

      I do plan on trying to do some Pokemon play journals. Dunno how it'll go, but I wanna give it a try. And when I eventually get Animal Crossing and Miitopia, I'll be able to post about those. Other than that, I dunno. I really wanna post about ToT, though :<

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure of many games that have screenshots. I only know of Style Boutique, Disney Magical World 2 and ACNL have the feature that lets you take them off the SD Card. Sometimes I just take photos with my phone or camera if I have to take a photo of the bottom screen or something that doesn't allow photos (i.e. wardrobe mode in Style Boutique doesn't allow it).

      Delete
    4. Yeah, Style Savvy, Tomodachi Life, ACNL, and Miitopia are the ones I know of. I think I've heard you can take screenshots in Fantasy Life as well? I'll have to look into it. Anyway, I do actually intend to get some of those, so I'll definitely be able to post about them when I do, I just don't know when it'll happen.

      Yeah, I know that taking pictures with my phone is technically an option...though it actually might not be with my phone's terrible camera, haha. Not that I'd really consider it anyway.

      At any rate, I'll figure something out!

      Delete
    5. I like how easy it is to take screenshots in ACNL as you can take them at any time. I have so many good ones from over the years that I'd like to post one day.

      Yeah I only take photos with my phone if it's something I can't do with the 3DS screenshots. Disney Magical World lets you take photos but only stores them in the game so you cannot get them off the SD Card. So I'm going to have to take photos of all my photos in the game one day with my phone.

      Delete
    6. Hahaha, I was JUST saying that I wasn't sure when I'd be able to get ACNL and Miitopia, but guess what? They're both on sale right now (along with Fire Emblem Echoes, which I'd also been meaning to get) and while I don't have the money to buy them at the moment, my birthday's coming up soon! So I got my mom to give me my birthday money early. I bought those and the first Story of Seasons. Yay!

      I'm particularly looking forward to ACNL. I've actually never played Animal Crossing before.

      Delete
    7. OMG I can't believe you got them, that's so exciting!! You'll love Animal Crossing and have fun building up the collections and your town. When you eventually unlock the Dream Suite, you can visit my town :)

      Delete
    8. Isn't it?! Yeah, I've definitely been having fun with it already! I think I'll put a post up about it, uh...this weekend, maybe? Or sometime next week. I did put up some tumblr posts about it last night, so you can go check those out if you want to.

      YES! I'm so excited to actually get to do some online stuff with you! I feel bad that you always get left out with all of the Shopdo stuff, so this will be nice :)

      Delete
    9. I took a look at your pictures on tumblr and you're really good at designing clothes! That has been something I've always avoided as I'm hopeless at it haha.

      I'll definitely check out your Dream Address when you upload one. It's fun to discover other people's towns. I always make sure to check out your blog posts for your Shopdo updates. I wish I could download your designer items as I always love them.

      Delete
    10. Aww, thank you! I'm very flattered :) you should check out the 'acnl design' tag on tumblr if you wanna see some actually good designs, though. Then again, for someone who doesn't draw, I think I've been doing a pretty good job so far.

      Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to visiting other people's towns and seeing what they've done with them. Especially your absolute beauty of a town!

      I think I've said this before, but feel free to recreate any of my designs that you like!

      Delete
    11. Yeah I used to scroll that tag a lot when I used tumblr. I can't store anymore designs though, I have both my two characters full. I wish Nintendo put in more design storage.

      Delete
    12. Yeah, I can already tell that the design storage is going to really annoy me.

      Delete
    13. It annoys me even when I'm not playing the game haha. There's so many designs I'd love to use but I can't fit them in!! :(

      Delete