Monday 8 January 2024

My J-Pop Collection 2023

The J-Pop Collection post for 2023 is not an exciting one and is starting off on a sad note. Unfortunately I had to declutter a large amount of my T-ARA Japanese singles at one point of the year. The story is that when I first got these CD's along with some others from Yahoo Auctions, they stunk of cigarettes. Like super strong! At the time, I managed to get the smell out or so I thought. The CD's that had the jewel case type were okay but the ones in cardboard sleeves were not. I always kept them in a separate box due to the smell and I came across the box whilst cleaning. The smell still hadn't gone from them and I decided it was a sign to clear something out of my collection. At least I still have the songs in my iTunes and maybe one day I'll re-buy them. Until them, my T-ARA collection has shrunk to just these five titles: two albums and 3 singles (one from the subunit QBS).


Everything else in the J-Pop collection is the same as 2022 as I didn't buy any new titles. No Zenmarket purchases as it is too expensive to import nowadays and some of the items I want are rare to find. I occasionally check Yahoo Auctions and I cannot find listings for some of the older CD's I want. No clue where I'll buy from Zenmarket again, maybe if the exchange rate is amazing. I'm thinking about getting some albums off iTunes as it is easier and I don't have to store the CDs which is totally up my alley as I'm big into decluttering in 2024.


Lately I have been listening to a few of my E-girls albums and I forgot how much I love E.G. Crazy! That album is so good and is full of great songs for the gym. That is where I have mainly been listening to it along with some of the singles like E.G Summer Rider. Crazy to think I'm still missing E-girls singles from this photo! Only a few more releases I need from them to complete my collection of one of each of their discography. Also my yearly compliant of the last Dream Ami single not matching the rest as it doesn't have an outer sleeve. Still bummed about that one.





Rather happy with my little AKB48/48 Group collection and I find it funny that I had dreams one day to collect them all. That would take way more time than I have and even since I brought the Heart Ereki single, my favourite single from them changed. Right now I've been super into Beginner and Mae Shika Mukanee. no3b had a cute reunion this year for their 15th anniversary and it was amazing! I watched the clips online and it was lovely to see so many fans celebrating the group. Apparently the tickets sold out pretty quick and it would've been cool if they performed in a larger venue.












I have been watching the DVDs from my KARA collection in recent months. The Karasia tour one was good and made me get back into a few songs I had forgotten. Now I've been super into Lupin, Pandora and the Japanese version of Mamma Mia. I wish I had more of the groups concert DVD's as they are high quality and nice to watch.





I haven't been listening to these singles and albums from my collection much. My music collection is huge so I am currently working on re-organising it. Hopefully it will make it more efficient to find something to listen to and I won't forget about songs that I own. I also think because I listened to these quite a lot in the past that I'm kind of bored of them currently. Not a Japanese release, but I've been super into 'I Like It' from CLC recently and it gets stuck in my head all the time.









My plan for 2024 is to post more reviews of my J-Pop collection since I won't be obtaining any physical releases. I did manage to write a number of reviews in 2023 so this list has been updated! Posted a big chunk of AFTERSCHOOL ones which was cool along with almost finishing off my Dream Ami collection. Just one single off posting every one that I own and I'd like to maybe start on the E-girls ones as they are pretty quick to get through. I've updated the collection list with the removed T-ARA releases and all the new reviews.

Japanese Artists

  • AKB48 - SET LIST〜グレイテストソングス〜完全盤〜
  • AKB48 - 神曲たち Kamikyokutachi Theatre Edition CD Only
  • AKB48 - ここにいたこと Koko ni Ita Koto Theatre Edition CD Only
  • AKB48 - 次の足跡 Tsugi no Ashiato Type B 2CD Regular Edition
  • AKB48 - ハート・エレキ Heart Ereki Regular Edition Type A CD+DVD
  • AKB48 - ハート・エレキ Heart Ereki Regular Edition Type K CD+DVD
  • AKB48 - ハート・エレキ Heart Ereki Regular Edition Type B CD+DVD
  • AKB48 - ハート・エレキ Heart Ereki Regular Edition Type 4 CD+DVD
  • AKB48 - ハート・エレキ Heart Ereki Regular Edition Theatre Edition CD Only
  • Cho Tokimeki♡Sendenbu - ときめきがすべて Tokimeki ga Subete - 2CD Haneda Kikukiku Edition
  • Dream Ami - ドレスを脱いだシンデレラ Dress wo Nuida Cinderella - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - トライ・エヴリシング Try Everything - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - 好きだって言って Lovefool - Sukidatte Itte - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - 君のとなり Kimi no Tonari - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - アマハル Amaharu - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - Wonderland - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - Good Goodbye - CD Only
  • E-girls - Lesson 1 - CD+DVD+Photobook (Taiwan Limited Edition)
  • E-girls - COLORFUL POP - CD+DVD+Photobook Limited Edition
  • E-girls - E.G. Time - CD+DVD (Taiwan Edition)
  • E-girls - E.G. Time - 2CD+3DVD+Photobook
  • E-girls - E.G. SMILE - E-girls Best - 2CD+3DVD-Photobook
  • E-girls - E.G. Crazy - 2CD+3DVD+Photobook
  • E-girls - Celebration! - CD Only
  • E-girls - One Two Three - CD Only
  • E-girls - Follow Me - CD Only
  • E-girls - THE NEVER ENDING STORY - CD Only
  • E-girls - CANDY SMILE - CD Only
  • E-girls - ごめんなさいのKissing You - CD Only
  • E-girls - ごめんなさいのKissing You - CD+DVD
  • E-girls - クルクル Kurukuru - CD Only
  • E-girls - Diamond Only - CD Only
  • E-girls - E.G. Anthem ~ WE ARE VENUS~ - CD Only
  • E-girls - おどるポンポコリン Odoru Ponpokorin - CD Only
  • E-girls - Highschool♡Love - CD Only
  • E-girls - Mr. Snowman - CD Only
  • E-girls - Anniversay!! - CD Only
  • E-girls - Dance Dance Dance - CD Only
  • E-girls - MerryxMerry Xmas ★ - CD Only
  • E-girls - EG summer RIDER - CD Only
  • E-girls - Pink Champagne - CD Only
  • E-girls - Go! Go! Let's Go! - CD Only
  • E-girls - Love☆Queen - CD Only
  • E-girls - 北風と太陽 Kitakaze to Taiyou - CD Only
  • E-girls - あいしてると言ってよかった Aishiteru to Itte Yokatta - CD Only
  • E-girls - シンデレラフィット Cinderella Fit - CD Only
  • Flower - リグレット SAKURA Regret - CD Only
  • Flower - ワスレナグサ  forget-me-not ~Wasurenagusa~ - CD Only
  • Flower - 熱帯魚の涙 Nettaigyo no Namida  - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - 秋風のアンサ Akikaze no Answer  - LImtied CD Pressing
  • Flower - ~ さよなら、アリス / TOMORROW ~しあわせの法則~ - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - Blue Sky Blue - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - 瞳の奥の銀河 Hitomi no Oku no Milky Way - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - やさしさで溢れるように Yasashisa de Afureru You ni - One Coin CD
  • Idoling!!! - ロデオマシーン Rodeo Machine - CD Regular Edition
  • Kyary Pamyu Pamyu  - ぱみゅぱみゅレボリューション PAMYUPAMYU Revolution - CD Only (Hong Kong Edition)
  • Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - ピカピカふぁんたじん Pika Pika Fantajin- CD Only (Australian Edition)
  • Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - KPP Best - 2CD Regular Edition
  • MAX - MAXIMUM
  • MAX - MAXIMUM PERFECT BEST - 3CD Edition
  • Momoiro Clover Z - ニッポン笑顔百景 Nippon Egao Hyakkei
  • NMB48 - てっぺんとったんで!Teppen Tottande - CD Only Theatre Edition
  • No Sleeves - ノースリーブス No Sleeves -  CD Only
  • SKE48 - この日のチャイムを忘れない Kono Hi no Chime wo Wasurenai - CD Only Regular Edition
  • スダンナユズユリー SudannaYuzuYully - OH BOY - CD Only
  • スダンナユズユリー SudannaYuzuYully - CALL ME NOW - CD Only

Korean Artists

No comments:

Post a Comment