Wednesday 20 February 2019

AOA 胸キュン Mune Kyun - Single Review (Cutie Version CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B)

Last week I posted a review of the 胸キュン Mune Kyun single from AOA and the review looked at the Sexy Version CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B. This week the review will be about another edition of the single, the Cutie Version CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B. I won't go into as much detail with this review as the single is pretty much the same apart from the single design and photobook. So let's take a look!


AOA 胸キュン Mune Kyun - Single Review Cutie Version CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B 

胸キュン Mune Kyun is AOA's third Japanese single and is the Japanese version of their hit Korean song Heart Attack. As I mentioned in the first review, the single was released in eleven editions: Limited Sexy Versions CD+DVD Type A and CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B, Limited Cutie Versions CD+DVD Type A and CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B, and seven member editions. I have all the Limited Sexy and Cutie versions but not yet the member versions. I don't usually collect those early on as they are pretty basic with just a member CD plate. My copy of the Cutie Version CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B was second hand and came with the following contents:


  • CD - 6 Track Album
  • Photobook
  • Photocard

AOA 胸キュン Mune Kyun - Single Review Cutie Version CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B 
 The single has the same design as the Sexy Version but feature the Cutie concept and a pink/aqua green colour scheme. The photobook is separate from the case and is the same size as the other version. Photos of the members in cute sporty themed outfits are the concept of the Cutie version and the girls wore the same outfits in the dance version of the MV. I love the colours of this single as I'm always a fan of pastel schemes and it matches well with the tennis court background of the main photo. The track listing is shown on the back cover along with production credits.





The interior of the single is the same as the Sexy Version but this time 胸キュン Mune Kyun is written in a different font. Both fonts are just gorgeous and the stunning CD design is featured once again. Still one of my favourite designs in my collection.





The main drawcard of this version is the photobook which features the girls in sporty outfits. The photobook is meant to be a more toned down version to the Sexy one but it's still pretty sexy as the outfits are quite short and revealing. I guess this is a Cutie AOA style and I love how they use sporty concepts for their Japanese releases. RUNWAY had quite a few sporty concepts with its singles and album covers. Lyrics and production credits are listed at the end of course and here are some quick photos of the photobook.









I talked about this in the previous review, but I got five photocards with my singles and they were all the same card. It just has the girls in the same outfits as the photobook. Not a huge photocard collector myself but I do like group photocards rather than individual ones.


胸キュン Mune Kyun photocards
The single has the exact same track listing as the Sexy Version and all the editions of the single apart from the member ones have the same track listing. A bit boring honestly, I like having different track listings on editions as it gives me an incentive to collect all the editions. Gets a bit annoying getting the same track listing on all the editions. I quite enjoy how KARA did it with the bonus tracks on the First Press editions or how E-girls and Dream Ami have the instrumentals only on the CD Only edition. I could go on and on about what types of editions I want for J-Pop releases, but we'll save that for another day. Here is the track listing in case you were interested:
  1. 胸キュン Mune Kyun
  2. ゆれる Sway
  3. チョアヨ! I Like It!
  4. 胸キュン Mune Kyun (Karaoke Version)
  5. ゆれる Sway (Karaoke Version)
  6. チョアヨ! I Like It! (Karaoke Version)
All the Sexy & Cutie Versions of 胸キュン Mune Kyun

And that's all for the Cutie Version CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B of 胸キュン Mune Kyun. I do have the Type A CD+DVD of both the Sexy and Cutie Versions which I'll post another day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment