Friday 8 February 2019

New Style Boutique: Play Journal - Memories

So I've been playing New Style Boutique for a little while now and it's quite enjoyable. I totally forgot about how simple the games were back then and how bags being added in was a massive feature. So many classic items you see in teh game now can be found in this installment and I've been crazy trying to collect items again. Think I've brought out every Miss Ribbon items I can get my hands on. 

Here's a cute photo of my character and Evie hanging out at the park then my character taking part in a photo shoot at the photo studio. I totally forgot that the photo studio doesn't let you choose you poses and takes three random photos for you. I was playing New Style Boutique 2 the other day and couldn't figure out why I could not find certain poses. Turns out my brain was fixed on the giant selection of poses from Styling Star and was expecting them to turn up. It's a bit boring to only have a few poses in New Style Boutique but you do get some great shots suggested to you to pick from.




I've opened up all the brands at the Exhibition Hall and the brand representatives gave me some super cute outfits. I forgot that not every brand is open each day so I've had to wait a few times to stock up on feminine cardigans and girly camisoles. As I mentioned before, I've been hanging out at Miss Ribbon the most out of all the brands. I'm just so interested in seeing which items used to belong to the brand and most I've been being to pick out myself. Some were a new experience for me as I didn't recall them being part of the glam style. A lot of items from Marble Lily in Fashion Forward actually came from Miss Ribbon, that really surprised me.






The brand representatives are just too perfect in New Style Boutique. The rep from Marzipan Sky has been my favourite so far due to her outfits and stunning character model. I'm a bit bias towards the brand as it's my number one fave in the series so I'm always impressed by it. The rep from Bubble Pop also had a cute outfit on and honestly Bubble Pop sounds better than April Bonbon. I think it feels more lively and makes more sense than April Bonbon. Like what does that even mean?




What a relief it is to take part in fashion shows once again! I missed them in Styling Star and gave up trying to see tickets to them in Fashion Forward. I've completed all the beginning contests so far and will make a post of all my outfits from that soon. Here is the first outfit I created, I think the theme was girly. Love the soft look of the outfit combined with the tough biker jacket. I'm going to start using these outers more in the other games.




Can I just say that this outfit this model has on in Harriet's fashion contest really bugs me. Like it's so random! She's wearing a psychedelic hat, preppy top, rock jacket, lively shorts and whatever the rest of the outfit was. I think she even appears in the game promo material in this outfit as well. Just so confusing at how this passes for cohesive haha.



Been hanging out with Evie a fair bit in New Style Boutique as she is one of the main characters. I miss her in Styling Star, can't believe she was removed! There is no character that can replace her in the new game.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Marzi it's Jo,
    I love this title in the series, definitely one of the best.
    It's so sad that Evie is missing in Styling Star she's such a lovely character.
    That model's outfit is pretty strange I've always thought that, but it works so well I think it's a lovely outfit.
    Also I've ordered a 3DS game which I thought you may be interested in, it's called Girls Fashion Shoot and it looks similar to Style Boutique.
    Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been enjoying it so far, but I haven't played it recently as I only have male customers in my boutique. Now I remember why I hated the game and stopped playing it.

      Yeah I've seen Girls Fashion Shoot on the eShop, it's like a cheap copy of the game with not as good graphics. I've got it on my wishlist, might pick it up when there's a sale. It's rather pricey on the AUS eShop.

      Delete
    2. I really love Trendsetters, it was such a turning point for the series.
      Girls Fashion Shoot is pricey on the UK eShop too, I got the physical copy for £8 which wasn’t bad. it’s a really good game, reminds me of the first Style Boutique :)

      Delete
    3. I really want to play Trendsetters more, I just can't get any other customers in my boutique besides male ones. I just find it boring dressing them up and only really interested in female customers. That's why I liked how they seperated the two into the Menswear Shop in Styling Star and I found it easier to work there when I wanted to.

      Girls Fashion Shoot didn't get a physical release over here. I never knew about it until someone told me about it on tumblr years ago.

      Delete