Wednesday 13 February 2019

AOA 胸キュン Mune Kyun - Single Review (Sexy Version CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B)

Haven't had an AOA review for a while so I thought I would post one. Last year I got a few editions of their Japanese single 胸キュン Mune Kyun which was one I had been after for a while. This is my favourite song from the group and the Japanese version is my favourite version of it as well. Let's take a look at one of the many editions of the single, the Sexy Version CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B.


AOA 胸キュン Mune Kyun Sexy Version CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B

胸キュン Mune Kyun is AOA's third Japanese single and is the Japanese version of their hit Korean song Heart Attack. The single was released in eleven editions: Limited Sexy Versions CD+DVD Type A and CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B, Limited Cutie Versions CD+DVD Type A and CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B, and seven member editions. Boy that's a lot of editions! I currently have all the Sexy and Cutie versions but not the member editions. I brought my copy of the Sexy Version CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B used and it came with the following contents:

  • CD - 6 Track Album
  • Photobook
  • Photocard



AOA 胸キュン Mune Kyun Sexy Version CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B

The design of this edition reminds me of K-Pop releases as it looks like a book you open. I haven't had too many J-Pop releases like this so it was a surprise. I'm more of a jewel case person for J-Pop releases as I love having my collection look symmetrical. Both the Sexy and Cutie Type B editions have the same sized book, just with different images. I'll post a review of the Cutie version next. The Sexy version has the group posing in sporty outfits on the front with a pastel colour scheme which I'm always a fan of. The back cover has the group logo along with the track listing and production information about the release. I love how Japanese releases list the release date on the back as it makes it so easy to catalogue my collection.






When you open up the single, you will notice that the photobook isn't actually held in place like normal K-Pop releases. I was quite surprised by this and wasn't expecting it to pop out. The interior design of 胸キュン Mune Kyun is pretty basic but the CD has gorgeous Japanese lettering on it. One of my favourite CD designs I've seen for a while and it fits the simplistic feel of the design.





Now for the photobook which is the main draw card of this edition. As the name suggest, this edition has the sexy version of the photobook. It features photos of each member in their sporty attire and isn't a long photobook. You just get one close-up photo of each member along with their name then two more photos. Not the most exciting photobook I have in my collection but I guess with so many editions to collect they didn't want to make it overly complicated. The lyrics and production credits are listed at the end. Here's some photos of some of the pages in the photobook!









Now I brought four editions of 胸キュン Mune Kyun at the same time from a seller in Japan and I originally thought I was only getting 2 photocards which were stated in the listing. But when I opened up all the singles, there was actually five photocards! All of the same group photo! So now I have all these photocards and no clue what to do with them. I might sell a few as I don't really need that many doubles of the same card. The photocard has the group photo of the members in the Cutie outfit and some text on the back.



胸キュン Mune Kyun photocards

胸キュン Mune Kyun contains six tracks with the title track being the Japanese version of Heart Attack. Personally my number one AOA song and the Japanese version is pure pop for me. The other two tracks are ゆれる Sway and チョアヨ! I Like It! which are just Japanese versions of previously released Korean songs. I'm a fan of these two songs and all together than make 胸キュン Mune Kyun a solid release from the group. You also get the karaoke versions of all the tracks making the total track listing six tracks. Karaoke versions are slightly different to instrumentals where there is still a vocal track to some parts of the song.

  1. 胸キュン Mune Kyun
  2. ゆれる Sway
  3. チョアヨ! I Like It!
  4. 胸キュン Mune Kyun (Kararoke Version)
  5. ゆれる Sway (Kararoke Version)
  6. チョアヨ! I Like It! (Kararoke Version)



Cutie & Sexy Photobooks

As I mentioned before, I got my copy of the single second hand from Japan along with some other AOA releases. The single is out of print nowadays on most online stores but you can still track down editions online second hand. YesAsia however does have some editions brand new still available on their site. Here is teh short version of the dance MV for 胸キュン Mune Kyun as that's the only one Blogger wanted to link. Sometimes it won't link certain videos so you can find the main MV for the song here!



No comments:

Post a Comment