Wednesday 21 September 2022

Apink PINK♥DOLL - Album Review (Limited Edition C Bo Mi Ver.)

When I look at my Japanese CD collection, I have actually been quite lucky to acquire some member plate versions. I have the full mu-mo set of AFTERSCHOOL's Japanese single Heaven and some T-ara member plates from their singles. But one of the most random member versions I have is this PINK♥DOLL album from Apink. I was placing a large order on Yahoo Auctions to have shipped over to me and thought why not pick up a cheap album. So I ended up getting this one as it was super cheap and I wanted it to go along with my PINK SEASON album. There isn't many photos for this review as the album doesn't have too many aspects to photograph.


PINK♥DOLL is the second Japanese album from Korean girl group Apink. It was released on the 21st December 2016 and came in nine versions. Limited Edition A came with the CD and a 2017 Apink themed diary and Limited Edition B came with the CD and a DVD. There are six types of Limited Edition C with each member getting their own member plate and then a Regular CD Only edition to finish the set off. My album is the Limited Edition C with Bo Mi's member plate and it came with the following contents:

  • CD - 12 track album
  • Jewel Case
  • Lyrics Booklet
  • OBI


Being a member plate version, the design of Limited Edition C is quite simple. There is a lovely front cover with the girls in pretty outfits and if you flip the album over, there is no back cover. This is usual for member versions as it allows you to see the CD instead. It reminds me a lot of CD singles from back in the day that didn't have back covers as the CD would face you instead. Unlike singles that came in a slim CD case, this album is in the standard jewel case size. I don't have many member versions to compare this to but overall I think it is very nice and I like the soft tones of the CD design.



The OBI is the normal size as this album comes in a standard case and it would've been interesting to see a smaller OBI. You don't see too many and I'd have to dig through my collection to see if I have any. Love the design of this one as it has all my favourite shades of pink on it and I adore the heart in the album title. There is some production information listed on the OBI along with some QR codes.



Here is a better look at the CD design which is quite pretty. I like how Bo Mi is posed as some member plates can cut off the members with the cut-out circle of the CD. I looked up the other member versions and if I had to pick one out of the six, I would say Nam Joo is my favourite and the one I would want the most. Apink was quite popular in Japan and so many of their releases have member versions! Must've been a pain to collect if you were a fan and I know even when I searched for their albums, it was difficult to find them.


The lyrics booklet is quite short with not too much content but you do get a nice photo of Bo Mi! Each booklet is exclusive to the member featured on the version. Apink was one of the groups I never paid much attention and only started listening to them randomly one day. I did like a few of their songs and decided it was finally time to listen to their discography. Honestly whilst they have an amazing Korean discography, I was more into their Japanese releases. I decided to buy this album as it was cheap and a great way to get a wide range of their songs for a decent price.





Between the group's first Japanese album PINK SEASON, I'm more interested in that one than PINK♥DOLL. It just has a track list that I prefer however PINK♥DOLL does have some great songs on it. My favourite would be the Japanese version of IT GIRL followed by サマータイム! Summer Time! I feel this album is just one that I haven't gotten hooked on yet and maybe one day I'll fall in love with it. PINK♥DOLL contains three songs previously released as singles, three songs that were coupled with the singles, 2 Japanese remakes and the rest are new songs.
  1. My First Love
  2. IT GIRL [Japanese Ver.]
  3. サマータイム! Summer Time!
  4. Brand New Days
  5. Shining Star
  6. Sunshine Girl
  7. 甘い恋をしようよ Amai Koi wo Shiyou yo
  8. YEAH [Japanese Ver.]
  9. ファンファーレ Fanfare!
  10. SUNDAY MONDAY [Japanese Ver.]
  11. 花占い Hana Uranai
  12. If I...

Here are the other three editions of PINK♥DOLL and I would vote the Regular Edition as my favourite cover. It looks the nicest in my opinion and doesn't feel too photoshopped. Like there is something about this albums backgrounds that looks like bad photoshop. Edition A and C have believable backgrounds but then you got Edition B with its giant cupcakes!

Limited Edition A CD+GOODS

Limited Edition B CD+DVD

Regular Edition CD Only

That crosses another Apink review of the list and the last Apink item in my collection. The only album I'm missing from the group now is their third Japanese album Pink Stories. I really wanted to get that one when I brought these but it was priced quite high. I would like to get that one to complete the collection and I love the song もっとGO!GO! which is on the album. I checked on a few sites and surprisingly PINK♥DOLL is still available for purchase. Another surprise was that blogger let me post the MVs for the album! Often Japanese ones cannot be shared on blogger so I included some Dance MVs this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment