Saturday 9 October 2021

Apink Pink Season - Album Review (Limited Edition B CD+DVD)

This week's music review post is about a group I've never posted about on Marzipan Wonderland and that's Apink! Now Apink is a group I only became interested in within the last year. Over the years, I had songs from the group on my playlists but they were never high on my radar. That was until I took some time to listen to their Japanese discography and I feel in love! Decided to pick up some of the group's Japanese releases during my last Zenmarket haul and they were totally worth it. So today I'll be talking about the wonderful album PINK SEASON ♡


PINK SEASON is Apink's debut Japanese album and it was released in August 2015. The album was released in three editions: Limited Edition A CD+DVD+GOODS, Limited Edition B CD+DVD and a Regular CD Only Edition. I purchased Limited Edition B as it was the only one I could find at the time after months of searching. Japanese releases from the group were difficult to find for a good price when I was looking and I snatched up this listing off Yahoo Auctions. My copy of PINK SEASON has the following contents:
  • CD - 13 track album
  • DVD - Road to 1st Album「PINK SEASON」from Debut
  • Jewel Case
  • OBI strip
  • Lyrics booklet


Loving the design of this album because of course it's my favourite colour PINK! The concept of the album is gorgeous and matches the feel of the group. The outfits were very on point for J-Pop releases around that time and isn't too flashy. The front and back covers have different photos of the girls and I like the posing of the cover. Some Japanese covers can have that strange photoshop placement of members which I find off putting. All the covers of Apink's Japanese discography are a work of art and I love how they kept the 'pink' wording in all the album titles.


On the interior of the album, you will find the CD and DVD. My case was in excellent condition and arrived safely with no damage. This pink shade on the CD is to die for! Very pink! The DVD has a softer white tone to it and both discs have a simple elegant design to them. The case interior lists some production credits to the album and most of these are regarding the DVD contents.





One reason it took me ages to find this album was that most listings did not include the OBI. I would see reasonably priced listings and there was no OBI shown in the photo or description. So I was happy when this one finally came along as I love collecting OBIs! It is a nice one too as there is information on the back of the strip which I haven't seen for a little while. I did not get a photocard with my album but I seen other listings with them so they do exist for this album. There are 7 photocards to collect along with some exclusive Tower Records cards as well. The photocards seem harder to find and I've only seen one listing of it being included with the album.



Onto the lyrics booklet now and it is lovely! It contains individual photos of each member along with some group photos. I love lyrics booklets like this that have something other than just text. I'm not too familiar with the members or have a bias however I did find the photos to be stunning. The remainder of the booklet is the song lyrics and production credits.











PINK SEASON is made up of Japanese versions of the group's Korean songs and contains many of their hit Korean songs. The main reason I wanted this CD was because I preferred the Japanese version of their songs and the album was an easy way to get a number of songs on one CD. My top songs would be the Japanese versions of HUSH and LUV. I just really enjoy these songs and Mr.Chu, NoNoNo and BUBIBU would be a close second. The track listing for PINK SEASON is as follows:
  1. PINK SEASON
  2. NoNoNo [Japanese Ver.]
  3. BUBIBU [Japanese Ver.]
  4. U You [Japanese Ver.]
  5. モルラヨ I Don't Know [Japanese Ver.]
  6. Remember [Japanese Ver.]
  7. Mr.Chu (On Stage) [Japanese Ver.]
  8. MyMy [Japanese Ver.]
  9. HUSH [Japanese Ver.]
  10. 天使じゃない No Angel [Japanese Ver.]
  11. Good Morning Baby [Japanese Ver.]
  12. LUV [Japanese Ver.]
  13. 4月19日 April 19th [Japanese Ver.]
Limited Edition B includes a DVD titled Road to 1st Album「PINK SEASON」from Debut. I prefer the DVD contents of Limited Edition A which contains the MV's for songs. These documentary style DVD's are nice but I wish I could understand Japanese or get English subtitles to enjoy it more.


As I mentioned earlier, PINK SEASON was released in three editions; two Limited and one Regular. Here are pictures of the covers for Limited Edition A and the Regular Edition which look almost identical! The poses are just different! Edition A was the priciest of the three editions at ¥5,184 but it did include this adorable tape dispenser! I love when Japanese editions have these types of goods as I find it rather bizarre, like yes I want a desk calendar that is only specific to that one year. Edition A was the original edition I wanted to get as I like getting the DVD editions that include the MV's but they are always so pricey or cannot be found. I'm not really looking for other editions of PINK SEASON nowadays as I like to get Pink Stories as it's the last Apink Japanese album I need.

PINK SEASON Limited Edition A CD+DVD+GOODS

PINK SEASON Regular Edition CD Only

Limited Edition A GOODS

Seriously though, how cute is this Apink tape? I was going to call it washi tape as it reminds me of that but looks larger in size. If only I could just buy this tape as it would look beautiful in my journals. I hope you've enjoyed this post on Apink's PINK SEASON album!! The group's Japanese singles are on Spotify however the albums are not. The album is out of print in 2021 so your best bet is using a proxy service to purchase one secondhand. I've listed the three MV's from the album below so be sure to check them out!




No comments:

Post a Comment