Sunday 24 October 2021

Animal Crossing New Horizons Play Journal - The Great Villager Move-Out

Isn't it exciting that Animal Crossing New Horizons will be getting an update? I'm super pumped for it when it occurs in November and I cannot wait! So today I thought it would be perfect for another New Horizons play journal! First off here is Bill who has decided to call Marzipan home and I love this duck so much. I had him in my town in the 3DS game and he was just the cutest! I'd never seen him before in Wild World and just knew I had to have him in New Horizons.


An amusing snapshot of Bob just chilling because that's what Bob does. His design is just perfect and he deserves all the popularity. I found him sitting in this random area of the island making this stare into the distance. I swear there are like 10 photos of this on my switch because I took so many haha. My SD card has so many dumb photos of Bob sitting around which I think is because he's so photogenic with his amusing faces.


Decided to move Annalise off my island as I wasn't that attached to her. Her design is adorable and one of my favourite horse villagers. I decided to let her leave so I could go villager hunting on the random islands and guess who I encountered whilst doing so? Only Annalise of course. I wish the game had some sort of function that didn't let villagers who have recently lived on your island appear. Like maybe have a memory of the last 5 or 10 to leave so you can discover new ones. When I used to play New Leaf, I never saw villagers repeat and that would be great in the switch version.



Whilst island hopping, I did come across an old friend from my New Leaf days. It's only silly Rod who used to hang about my shopping district making mean comments. I used to hate him so much but I think New Horizons has improved on his character design. Now he actually looks a lot nicer and cuter. I didn't move him onto my island for now but if I saw him again, I'd let him move into Marzipan.



Frita was my choice of villager to move onto my island for only one reason. Because she is the number one villager in the game! Well in my opinion :) I know a lot of people don't like Frita but she is my favourite in the series ever since New Leaf. Like she's a sheep that looks like a hamburger and fries, how can people hate that?!? I brought her amiibo card online in order to get her to move as no way was I going to spend ages trying to find her.




Looks like Spike moved away from Marzipan around the same time. This time period must've been a mass exodus from the island or something. I actually liked Spike! At first I wasn't interested in him, but he was always a nice villager to talk to and always was watering plants or doing some sort of activity that was photo worthy. I hope he found a nice island to move onto and I never worked out if he went to one of my friends islands or not.



Just a few quick photos of Frita moving into town! Her house decoration is something. Like a crazy diner set-up or kitschy museum. A bit more of a stylish get-up than her New Leaf picnic/convenience store mash-up thing. I always found it so ugly and thought someone had taken all her good furniture.



One gripe I have about New Horizons is the villager dialogue and I know a lot of players will agree on this. You legit cannot say more than a few things to a villager before they get all angry and refused to talk to you. In New Leaf, I'd talk to my villagers for ages and loved hearing all their silly stories. This day I was talking to Bob and he got annoyed at me :( Who thought this game mechanic was a good idea? He did look adorable in his winter outfit whilst being grumpy.




Sometimes I look back at photos I've taken in the game and wondered why I had them saved. Then I realise they are just ones I've taken for the Nook Miles camera achievement. They are always so random and unrelatable. Like this one of my character looking ashamed by all the flowers littered everywhere. I went through a phrase of storing flowers on the beaches and boy was it a pain to clean up. Flowers in general in New Horizons are and I missed being able to just run through them to destroy stacks at once.


At one point Yuka moved onto my island and I don't remember why this happened. I guess I had a free spot and I must've used my amiibo card for her. It was one of the original cards I had from back in the day when I collected some for Happy Home Designer. I do like her design and the koala villagers are always a lovely villager to have. After that, there are some pictures of Frita hanging out in some beautiful flowers that match her perfectly! I had this random cliff covered in orange flowers once and she was walking around there.




Honestly this bear dress I designed doesn't suit Frita's sheep design. It looks bad and nothing like a dress at all. I wish they had kept the little scarves for the sheep villagers as they look nicer on them and it made their sheep design more unique. Or maybe scarves could just be their own item and you could gift them to villagers? Sounds like a great idea but it would probably end up like scarves in Style Boutique where I forget to use them.



Made this lovely courtyard garden area near the back of my island based off a design I saw online. I'm so bad at layouts so I always look online for inspiration. I tried to go for a symmetrical look and it was awkward to get a good combination of bushes and flowers. Remember back in the New Leaf days where areas would have limits on how many bushes you could place? That was the worst and it ruins so many areas I wanted to fill with landscaping.



I love this crafting area I constructed near the lower end beach on my island. I do actually use this a lot and it has great access to the beach so I can craft baits over and over again. I'm still figuring out the layout of that area and what furniture items I'll place in it. Waiting to get the larger DIY bench as I think it will look better than the mini one. The next photo is just a snap of Marshal walking about Marzipan and I am so happy to have him on my island. I totally get the hype of his character and I was never lucky enough to get him in New Leaf when he was popular.



Bill making good use of the garden courtyard! He looks adorable sitting up on that bench and his little feet can't touch the ground! Good to see someone making good use of the seating as well as you don't see villagers sitting on them much. Or they do sit on them but the wrong way. So stupid. Then we have Butch moving off the island and I wasn't too interested in him. He was kinda just there and he isn't a favourite of mine. This photo does remind me of how much I detest this road flooring though. Not a fan and I always seem to come across it even though I hate it.



At least Frita has some nice comments about my Beary-Beary Cutie design even though it doesn't suit her. It's nice she is happy and I can't get over how stretched out that poor bear face looks :P I do love that pink gumball machine she has in her house and I need it! Anything pink is right up my alley and my town never has that colour combination at Nooks.


Found Mira on an island and I asked her to move onto Marzipan. I loved her in New Leaf but her design isn't as good in New Horizons. I think it's the outfit change that throws me off and I prefered her white coloured outfit. It matched her character design more and I felt it gave her a softer look. Don't like the look of her house from this photo, like these curtains aren't space themed? She had that awesome space layout in New Leaf but I guess that furniture isn't in New Horizons so they changed her house decor. Second photo is of my character finding the almighty pitfall seed DIY! So glad they added this back into the game as it's hilarious to watch villagers get stuck in them. Who will be the first victim of the pitfall seed on Marzipan?



That is all for this play journal and we shall end on some wise words from Apple. She always has the best dialogue and cheers me up. Apple is also sporty the Beary-Beary Cutie design! Looks like it's the hottest look of the season on my island. I shall be off now as I need to play New Horizons for real! Someone just moved yesterday so I shall do some island hopping to find someone new. See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment