Thursday 1 April 2021

Rainbow Over The Rainbow Special Edition - Album Review - Limited Edition B (CD+DVD)

I'm back for part two of my Over The Rainbow Special Edition review! Last time I reviewed the Limited Edition C of this release and this time I'll be looking at the Limited Edition B which has my favourite cover out of all the editions. Just look at how pretty the girls look on this cover and it's so colourful which is perfect for a group called Rainbow!


Over The Rainbow Special Edition is the re-release of Rainbow's first and only Japanese album. It was released in December 2012 and comes in three editions: Limited Edition A CD+DVD, Limited Edition B CD+DVD and Limited Edition C 2CD. As I mentioned in my previous review, I have both editions B and C which I got from Yahoo Auctions in Japan. Limited Edition B of Over The Rainbow Special Edition has the following contents:
  • CD - 10 track album
  • DVD - Contains various live performances
  • Lyrics booklet
  • DVD case
  • Promotional flyer

The Limited Edition B release of Over The Rainbow Special Edition comes in a DVD style case. I'm kind of on the fence about these types of cases. They are super easy to store but incredibly boring. This one is even that standard black DVD case and it would've been nice in a clear one at least. The front cover has the girls hanging out in a street style backdrop with various props. Each member is dressed in pants in their corresponding rainbow colour. 


Here is one of the few times I can take a photo with the spine showing! I don't do this often as it's tricky to take nice detail photos but at least this is one positive about the DVD case. Inside the case, the lyrics booklet is stuck into some tabs to hold it in place and the two discs can be found on the right hand side. Both the CD and DVD have the same design of teal/blue lines across the discs. Not as nice as the edition C discs which are two different colour shades. There is no OBI strip for this release or for any of the editions.





The lyrics booklet for Limited Edition B has some nice new photos compared to the C version. The front page is the same image from the album cover but the next pages have some lovely new photos! You get cute individual photos of each member in stylish white tees. The track listing for both the CD and DVD are listed on the left side and the rest of the booklet is the song lyrics. The last page has the same member photos as the C version as well as production credits. A lot of recycling going on with this album which I guess is expected as it's kind of a repackage. There was also another promotional flyer included about the album and this is the same as the one I got in Limited Edition C.










In the last review, I talked about the songs included on this album so I won't go into detail about those again. The CD included in Limited Edition B contains all the Japanese tracks from the group and the DVD is the exclusive additional to this edition. It contains various live performances from the group on the KBS2 show 'Music Bank'. This is a nice additional for fans of the group and great for prosperity in case the original videos eventually get removed from YouTube. The contents of both the CD and DVD for Limited Edition B are listed below:

CD - Japanese Best
  1. エー A [Japanese Ver.]
  2. マッハ MACH [Japanese Ver.]
  3. ガナガナGO! Gonna Gonna GO!
  4. Kiss! Kiss! Disco!
  5. Touch me, Feel me, Love me
  6. Alright
  7. ノット ユア ガール Not Your Girl [Japanese Ver.]
  8. Energy
  9. Hello
  10. ゴシップガール Gossip Girl [Japanese Ver.]
DVD - KBS2 "Music Bank" Performance Edition
  1. Gossip Girl
  2. Not Your Girl
  3. A
  4. MACH
  5. To Me
  6. Sweet Dream



As much as I'd love to say I'll post the last edition review soon, but I don't own a copy of it yet unfortunately :( There hasn't been a good listing for any when I've been doing orders from Yahoo Auctions. Hopefully I'll get Limited Edition A one day for the collection! This edition is definitely worth it for Rainbow fans however as the DVD is a nice addition and it has wonderful cover art. I'm off to listen to this album again because it's totally amazing and Rainbow should've been much more popular back in the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment