Wednesday 21 April 2021

Animal Crossing New Horizons Play Journal - Villagers, Friends & Shooting Stars

It's only been a few weeks but here is another Animal Crossing New Horizons play journal because I have a lot of screenshots to get through! My island is starting to take shape and is becoming a bit more organised at the time when these screenshots were taken back in May 2020. First off, here is Pudge being all cute teaching my character the reaction for sorrow. I just can't get over the character of Pudge. People make fun of him when they visit and say he looks sad, but he's just so adorable! His design and personality are perfect! He is my favourite bear cub and the best lazy villager cause his facial characteristics match the laziness perfectly!


One of the rare times a bunch of villagers can be seen hanging out in the same area! I caught a few of them having a chat and Apple was enjoying the iron garden benches. Glad someone put them to good use! I had these bright ideas of villagers all sitting side by side in this area, but we all know that would never happen with their programming.



The skies in New Horizons are quite beautiful and it's lovely how you can see the different shades of colour in the night sky. This area is just behind my house and this night, there was a moon visible so I thought I'd take a photo of it for the Nook Miles achievement. The second photo was the moment I gave Marshall something that would change his life. I thought he would look snazzy in a fedora and he thought so too! He wears it all the time and it was well worth it!


One simple gift changed Marshal's life forever when I gave him a fedora. He was quite surprised at the gift and seems like he was after one. He wears it all the time and it suits his character perfectly. One of the better gifts my villagers wear because they wear some terrible ones. Especially the ones other villagers make you give to them to make up for an argument.


This was a little café area I built in a space I couldn't figure out what to do with. The area is just off from resident services but quite close to a beach part. Originally there was a villager house here but I moved it as there wasn't much extra space around the house to decorate. I saw some quaint café styled areas online so I thought I'd give it a shot in my island. This is just the start of it and I had to get my friend to give me the iron furniture as I didn't have the recipes just yet.


Hanging out on my friend's island and being silly. I went to Able Sister's and came out in the most ridiculous looking outfit. Lots of round of applause for this fashionable look! My friend also has a Roald shrine at her house which is the most amazing and best thing ever. It's the quintessential item for any Animal Crossing house!



This screenshot proves lazy villagers say the weirdest things sometimes. I've seen Bob say this saying as well. Who on earth wrote this to put in the game? Second picture is of Marshal being cool as usual with this stylish front yard. Marshal has a beautifully designed house interior and I never give him anything because I don't want to ruin it :(



Some more random pictures now with the first being a bunch of friends visiting a friend's town as they had high turnip price. I miss the old days when the game first came out and everyone would post their turnip prices. Nowadays only a few people play and it's hard to know who has brought turnips that week. I've never been a huge turnip trader or visited random towns online with high prices. I'm only really selling turnips in the game to get the achievement and I rarely buy turnips as I can't play everyday to check the price.


Finally got a Jacob's Ladder on my island! This is one of my favourite flowers in the game and they were so difficult to get in New Leaf. Now in New Horizons I have like 50 of them because they spawn constantly. Second photo is of Marshal teaching some reactions in a shady part of the island. No clue why Marshal was hanging out in such a strange and out of reach location or how he even found my character hanging around there whilst terraforming.




I made a cute teddy bears picnic inspired area in front of my house after getting inspiration from others online. The different sized teddy bears are a quite nice item and work well with this concept. To the side, I tried to create a woodland styled area with trees and the well. Sparro seems to be enjoying himself by running around in all the space.


The entrance to my island is a great spot for wishing on falling stars. Mainly because it just looks so picturesque and aesthetically pretty. I had a few friends over to take advantage of the shooting stars and to get hold of star fragments for DIY crafting. Isn't it annoying when you've been playing for ages one night and see a shooting star without realising they were there the whole time. Happens all too often to me.






Honestly the Nook's Cranny exterior is such a great place to take photos! I like the rustic but cute appearance of the building. Plus you can take nice close-up photos as the camera has good zoom features. This Alice In Wonderland style outfit became my new favourite outfit once I discovered it in the game. Shame it only comes in the normal blue colour as it would be amazing with other colour combinations. Second photo is of Sparro over using a greeting I gave him. I use this as a lazy greeting when I can't think of anything witty.



Another New Horizons play journal is all done and dusted. At least this one wasn't full of bridge opening ceremonies like the last one. Boy I opened a lot of bridges close together. I shall finish with this picture of my character enjoy the night sky in the garden area I was working on. Hedges are an absolute gem in New Horizons and you can just put them anywhere to improve an area. Luckily you can place as many as you like in this game as I recall New Leaf used to get annoyed when you tried to put more than a certain amount in one area.


No comments:

Post a Comment