Wednesday 3 February 2021

CLC High Heels - Mini Album Review (Type B CD+DVD)

The last review in my CLC Japanese collection is finally here and it's a cute one. Today we'll be looking at Type B of the group's first Japanese mini album High Heels. Let's get straight into it with the adorable front cover with a lovely photo of the group!


High Heels is CLC's 1st Japanese mini album High Heels is CLC's first Japanese mini album and it was released in April 2016 through Tower Records Japan. The mini album comes in two editions: Type A CD Only and Type B CD+DVD. I got both editions through the Tower Records online store when they were on sale once. The Type A editions includes the following contents:
  • CD - 5 track mini album
  • DVD - Contains 4 MV's
  • Lyrics booklet
  • Jewel Case
  • OBI


Between the two versions of High Heels, this one is my favourite as I love the cute casual concept. The front cover has a photo of the group members in short white skirts and striped jumpers. Cute concepts are one of my favourites in music so I'm happy with the styling of this version. The back cover features another photo of the girls in different poses along with the tracking listing for both the CD and DVD. Credit and production information is listed in the bottom left corner.


Another great CD design from CLC with Type B! This version has a patterned background with pink and blue stripes across the top along with the mini album title. The tiny heart bows on the title letters are just too adorable! The group logo is printed on the bottom half of the CD along with the track listing. The DVD disc shares a similar design with a different coloured background. The space behind the CD/DVD holder is just a background which is much nicer than a repeat photo like Type A had.





The OBI for Type B is nice and simple with some text and production information. The photo on the OBI matches up with the photo of the back cover like most OBI's do. I have all of my Japanese CLC releases stacked together and they look amazing with all the OBI's lined up. Small things like that bring me so much joy! That's one of the main reasons I love collecting OBI's is so everything looks aesthetically pleasing when organised.


Like all other CLC releases, the lyrics booklet features a selection of gorgeous photos of the members along. There is a repeat group photo unfortunately in the booklet, did they just not take many photos or something? Anyway, each member has an individual photo which has them making cute poses or faces along with their name printed on the page. Lyrics for the tracks on the mini album are listed of course as all lyrics booklets have.








In my Type A review for High Heels, I talked about the songs and my favourites so I won't go over that again and you can check out that review if you are interested. Type B contains the exact same track listing and the draw point of this version is the DVD. This contains 4 MV's from the group and I enjoyed watching these all in a row. You can easily find these MV's on YouTube but sometimes it's nice to watch them on DVD. The CD and DVD track listing for Type B are as follows:

CD
  1. ファーストラブ First Love [Japanese Version]
  2. PEPE [Japanese Version]
  3. クングメ Curious [Japanese Version]
  4. High Heels [Japanese Version]
  5. I Should Be So Lucky
DVD
  1. PEPE MV
  2. Curious MV
  3. High Heels MV [Korean Ver.]
  4. High Heels MV [Japanese Ver.]


Both versions of High Heels are still available for purchase through Tower Records, however they are currently only available in store and not online. These releases are definitely worth the purchase for any CLC fan. I feel CLC is one of those groups where I've liked all their releases, but never hardcore stanned or followed them. I remember when they first debuted all those years ago and I used to play Pepe in my car all the time. Lately I've been super into Helicopter and I can see why western fans love the group, their style of music in recent years is enjoyable to listen to.


To finish off, here is a lovely photo of all the Japanese releases from CLC all together. I still can't believe I managed to get hold of all of them and even complete with the OBI! This is the first Japanese discography of any group I've actually managed to complete. Most likely because the collection is only made up of 5 items haha. I hope you've all enjoyed my CLC posts as much as I've enjoyed sharing them 

No comments:

Post a Comment