Wednesday 22 March 2023

Momoiro Clover Z ニッポン笑顔百景 Nippon Egao Hyakkei - Single Review

Have you ever been scrolling through YouTube and come across a video that changes your life? Well that was me when I discovered ニッポン笑顔百景 Nippon Egao Hyakkei by Momoiro Clover Z. This group had somehow completely flown under my radar and I had never heard any of their stuff. But I just fell in love with this quirky song and knew I needed the single! And luckily I was able to find a copy and we shall be looking at it today.


ニッポン笑顔百景 Nippon Egao Hyakkei is the first single released by Momoclo Tei Ichimon which is a pseudonym/stage name of Momoiro Clover Z. The single was released on the 5th of September 2012 and only came in the one version. Various wikis online listed this single as the 4th other single, so I believe that means it wasn't an official main group release. Kind of like a special single I guess which I haven't seen too much J-Pop myself. I got mine from Yahoo Auctions of course and it was in great condition. My copy came with the following contents:
  • CD - 7 track single
  • Jewel Case
  • Lyrics booklet
  • OBI












The title track from this single ニッポン笑顔百景 Nippon Egao Hyakkei was used for the ending song to the anime Joshiraku. Better is the Best was also used in another anime called Urero☆Mikansei Shoujo where the girls play a fictional idol group called UFI. The single features seven tracks in total including two versions of the title track.
  1. ニッポン笑顔百景 Nippon Egao Hyakkei
  2. ニッポン笑顔百景 Nippon Egao Hyakkei (Guest: Hayashiya Kikuou)
  3. もリフだョ!全員集合 Morifu da yo! Zenin Shuugou
  4. Better is the Best / UFI
  5. ニッポン笑顔百景 Nippon Egao Hyakkei ◎Uta Nashi
  6. もリフだョ!全員集合 Morifu da yo! Zenin Shuugou ◎Uta Nashi
  7. Better is the Best ◎Uta Nashi

If you are a fan of ニッポン笑顔百景 Nippon Egao Hyakkei and don't already own the single, it is still available for purchase on various Japanese music stores. CDJapan has it listed for more than what I got it for second hand so I got a nice bargain. Make sure to give the MV a watch as it is definitely worth it! I haven't listened to much else from Momoiro Clover Z but I'm planning to in the future as their concept is fun and their concerts look amazing! The single was released featuring member Ariyasu Momoka and the MV was made after she graduated the group. So that is why only four members are present in the MV.



No comments:

Post a Comment