Wednesday 21 February 2018

AOA Runway - Album Review (Limited Edition Type C CD+DVD Edition)

I've been meaning to post this review for ages now as I mentioned receiving this album last year, but never posted a review. So here it is finally! A review of one of my favourite albums, AOA's second Japanese album RUNWAY!



RUNWAY is the second Japanese album from Korean pop group AOA. It was released in 2016 and comes in eleven different editions; CD+Blu-Ray (Limited Edition A), CD+DVD (Limited Edition B), CD+DVD (Limited Edition C), Limited First Press Edition that reverts to the CD Regular Edition, and seven member editions with one edition per member. The picture member editions only come with the CD of 11 tracks. Limited Edition A & B come with a DVD of a live concert and Limited Edition C comes with the music videos and making of footage. I brought the Limited Edition C in the Taiwan Edition which is exactly the same as the Japanese Edition. This edition comes with the following:

  • CD - 11 track album
  • DVD - contains MV's and making of footage.
  • OBI
  • Lyrics Booklet
  • Photo card
  • Taiwanese Lyrics booklet



All editions of the RUNWAY album are gorgeous. I love the sport themed thing the group has going on in the album design. Personally I prefer the bowling themed covers to the soccer (I think it's that sport?) themed ones. But they're all still beautiful. The album comes with an OBI (the little piece of paper that fits on the side) which I always love! I always keep the OBI's with my Japanese albums and singles. The back cover of the album details the contents and information about the DVD region. The CD and DVD have a cute ball design on them.






A lyrics booklet can be found inside the CD case and contains the lyrics to all the songs on the album. Pictures of the girls from AOA are included in the lyrics booklet which I always appreciate because plain lyrics booklets are so boring. The Taiwan edition also came with a lyrics fold-out booklet as most Taiwan editions of Japanese albums do.




Got photo card with this album! Sometimes you don't know with Japanese albums and single whether they will come with one or not. Most times they do, but I've had quite a few Dream Ami ones that didn't come with them. Sometimes I think the company doesn't include them or they are limited the First Press editions. Anyway I got the stunning Seolhyun in my album! She has a cute pose in the picture and I like how it's the bowling themed one like the other album editions. The photo card unfortunately doesn't fit in my photo card album so I just keep it in the original CD case.



Before I got this album, I had only heard the songs that had MV's released so the other tracks were new to me. I hadn't had a chance to get any of the singles from the album as I know some of the songs were on the singles as well. The album is top notch and hits it out of the ballpark. I enjoy listening to the album from start to finish at the gym as the tracks are perfect for working out. I was incredibly surprised at the Perfect Strangers track which is a cover. I used to hear that song all the time at my old job and it drove me nuts. But AOA's edition is much better than the original. It just seems so weird to see a Japanese cover of an English song. I come across it quite often with songs on albums or singles by groups I like and I always find it so bizarre. However they always turn out to be amazing songs! RUNWAY includes the following tracks:
  1. RUNWAY
  2. OK!
  3. WOW WAR TONIGHT 〜興起新時代吧 girls ver. 
  4. Muah!
  5. Cherry Pop
  6. 給我愛 feat. 西川貴教 (T.M.Revolution) 
  7. Good Luck
  8. Love Gave Me You
  9. 10 Seconds
  10. Still Falls The Rain
  11. Perfect Strangers
The DVD is your typical J-Pop DVD containing MV's and behind the scenes footage of making the MV's and album jacket. It contains the MV's for WOW WAR TONIGHT (both normal and dance version), 給我愛 and Good Luck. The making of footage is for WOW WAR TONIGHT MV and jacket. I wish they had included the dance version of 給我愛 as that's one of my favourites from the album. It was also weird that there wasn't a making of for the RUNWAY album jacket. A lot of my J-Pop DVD's come with that type of footage.



I got my copy of RUNWAY from YesAsia like I get most of my albums and singles. I brought the Taiwan edition as it was quite affordable and I always like to collect the MV editions of albums. YesAsia still has all eleven editions of the album available to purchase and the album is available from other Japanese online stores such as Amazon Japan. Here are all the MV's from the album; Good Luck, WOW WAR Tonight, 給我愛 feat. 西川貴教 (T.M.Revolution) in both extended and dance version.









No comments:

Post a Comment