Monday 27 February 2023

My J-Pop Collection 2022

It's not too late into 2023 to post my J-Pop Collection for last year! Finally got some time to write out this blog post and I was shocked at how long my list of J-Pop releases has gotten! Only 9 new additions to the collection in 2022 and all came from this Zenmarket order. Picked up a few new artists however so let's get to know them! 

First up is one of my favourite groups of the recent year which is MAX. I just love their sound and influences of Eurobeat as I love that genre. I would've love to have gotten more from Japan of their stuff but I settled on their first album MAXIMUM and the most recent best of MAXIMUM PERFECT BEST in the 3CD edition. The best of was a steal and brand new for a great price. MAXIMUM was harder to track down as the CD is from the mid 90's and I wanted one in good condition. Amazing album and highly recommended for a listen!


I've combined these two together as they are quite similar with their quirky concepts. The single on the left is ニッポン笑顔百景 Nippon Egao Hyakkei from Momoiro Clover Z. I came across this songs MV on YouTube and thought it was super fun. Ended up getting the single as who doesn't love a single and it has quite a few tracks on it but the title track is my favourite. The other CD is the second album from Cho Tokimeki♡Sendenbu who were a random find on Spotify for me one day. Good old Bookoff purchase and it contains 2CDs inside. I absolutely adore the outfits these girls wear and they always have cute concepts.


More 48Group releases because why not? I've branched out to groups outside AKB48 in the recent year and picked up the first albums from both NMB48 and SKE48. Enjoyable albums and I was able to get them super cheap for 100JPY because there is a billion copies floating around. The NMB48 was brand new which was a great deal and I couldn't decide which edition to get for SKE48. I settled on the Regular Edition as it was the cheapest and had the two extra tracks that I liked. I love the original AKB48 Ponytail to Shushu so I wanted the SKE48 version.


Sadly I'll never achieve my dreams of owning all AKB48 CDs as that would be pure madness and the shipping fees would be insane. Instead I only got one new addition which was the album from AKB48 subunit No Sleeves which contains my favourite members. My current oshi for AKB48 is Minegishi Minami so I was happy when I found out she was in the group. Make sure to follow her Instagram as she has a great fashion sense and is super cute. I really want to get her latest photobook but it's so expensive to ship to Australia :( Anyway I got the CD Only edition of their album and it was a tricky buy as the description was terrible and photographs were vague. All the listings for the album were terrible, like I saw a bunch and the descriptions gave useless information. At least this one turned out alright and even had the OBI included!



Found one more Crayon Pop Japanese CD for the collection! And it was the rare PCSC edition of Dancing All Night! I had been looking for this version for ages and never saw any listings for it. Then randomly came across one and brought it straight away. It didn't include the beanie that originally came with it but that's all good. I mainly wanted the CD anyway and it looks awesome with the other three. Now I'm only missing the CD+DVD edition and no idea when I'll get that one.


Last new addition for 2022 is Rodeo Machine from Idoling!!! I got the REgular Edition as like some of the other albums I brought, it was tricky to find listings for this album. I've always got to go for the complicated ones don't I? Picked this one up as it had Summer Lion which is my favourite song from the group however I have come to enjoy the album version of the song Shout!!! since getting this CD.


Now for the not so interesting part which is just repeats of everything else in the J-Pop collection that I previously brought. Jeez I always forget how many KARA CDs I own until I look at a list of them and I don't have maybe 50% of their Japanese releases! I was browsing in a music store recently and heard a young girl say to her friends that she owned in total 35 CDs and was bragging how that was a lot. Thought that was absolutely crazy as my KARA Japanese collection almost adds up to that amount and then I realised I was getting super old if kids are bragging about owning CDs.























Honestly I have no idea what 2023 holds in store for me J-Pop wise as the shipping costs from Japan to Australia have increased. Zenmarket has updated their pricing in recent weeks but it still seems quite steep. I might skip this year for J-Pop hauls and save up more money for a big haul another year. Nowadays I tend to buy more beauty products and digital content as I get more use. Or maybe I'm just running out of room to store CDs haha. More of the second option and plus I feel like as I get older, my priorities lie elsewhere money wise.

2022 was a good year music review wise and I posted a large number of J-Pop focused ones. I will continue posting CDs this year but not as detailed as before. It takes a lot of effort to put together those posts and unfortunately due to life commitments, I do not have the time for blogging much. So please look forward to lots of lovely photos instead! The list below is update with all new reviews. Decided to split the list into two categories this year with Japanese artists on one and Korean artists on the other (basically Japanese releases from K-Pop groups). I hope you enjoyed the 2022 J-Pop Collection and make sure to check out my 2022 K-Pop Collection post as well.!

Japanese Artists

  • AKB48 - SET LIST〜グレイテストソングス〜完全盤〜
  • AKB48 - 神曲たち Kamikyokutachi Theatre Edition CD Only
  • AKB48 - ここにいたこと Koko ni Ita Koto Theatre Edition CD Only
  • AKB48 - 次の足跡 Tsugi no Ashiato Type B 2CD Regular Edition
  • AKB48 - ハート・エレキ Heart Ereki Regular Edition Type A CD+DVD
  • AKB48 - ハート・エレキ Heart Ereki Regular Edition Type K CD+DVD
  • AKB48 - ハート・エレキ Heart Ereki Regular Edition Type B CD+DVD
  • AKB48 - ハート・エレキ Heart Ereki Regular Edition Type 4 CD+DVD
  • AKB48 - ハート・エレキ Heart Ereki Regular Edition Theatre Edition CD Only
  • Cho Tokimeki♡Sendenbu - ときめきがすべて Tokimeki ga Subete - 2CD Haneda Kikukiku Edition
  • Dream Ami - ドレスを脱いだシンデレラ Dress wo Nuida Cinderella - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - トライ・エヴリシング Try Everything - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - 好きだって言って Lovefool - Sukidatte Itte - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - 君のとなり Kimi no Tonari - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - アマハル Amaharu - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - Wonderland - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - Good Goodbye - CD Only
  • E-girls - Lesson 1 - CD+DVD+Photobook (Taiwan Limited Edition)
  • E-girls - COLORFUL POP - CD+DVD+Photobook Limited Edition
  • E-girls - E.G. Time - CD+DVD (Taiwan Edition)
  • E-girls - E.G. Time - 2CD+3DVD+Photobook
  • E-girls - E.G. SMILE - E-girls Best - 2CD+3DVD-Photobook
  • E-girls - E.G. Crazy - 2CD+3DVD+Photobook
  • E-girls - Celebration! - CD Only
  • E-girls - One Two Three - CD Only
  • E-girls - Follow Me - CD Only
  • E-girls - THE NEVER ENDING STORY - CD Only
  • E-girls - CANDY SMILE - CD Only
  • E-girls - ごめんなさいのKissing You - CD Only
  • E-girls - ごめんなさいのKissing You - CD+DVD
  • E-girls - クルクル Kurukuru - CD Only
  • E-girls - Diamond Only - CD Only
  • E-girls - E.G. Anthem ~ WE ARE VENUS~ - CD Only
  • E-girls - おどるポンポコリン Odoru Ponpokorin - CD Only
  • E-girls - Highschool♡Love - CD Only
  • E-girls - Mr. Snowman - CD Only
  • E-girls - Anniversay!! - CD Only
  • E-girls - Dance Dance Dance - CD Only
  • E-girls - MerryxMerry Xmas ★ - CD Only
  • E-girls - EG summer RIDER - CD Only
  • E-girls - Pink Champagne - CD Only
  • E-girls - Go! Go! Let's Go! - CD Only
  • E-girls - Love☆Queen - CD Only
  • E-girls - 北風と太陽 Kitakaze to Taiyou - CD Only
  • E-girls - あいしてると言ってよかった Aishiteru to Itte Yokatta - CD Only
  • E-girls - シンデレラフィット Cinderella Fit - CD Only
  • Flower - リグレット SAKURA Regret - CD Only
  • Flower - ワスレナグサ  forget-me-not ~Wasurenagusa~ - CD Only
  • Flower - 熱帯魚の涙 Nettaigyo no Namida  - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - 秋風のアンサ Akikaze no Answer  - LImtied CD Pressing
  • Flower - ~ さよなら、アリス / TOMORROW ~しあわせの法則~ - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - Blue Sky Blue - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - 瞳の奥の銀河 Hitomi no Oku no Milky Way - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - やさしさで溢れるように Yasashisa de Afureru You ni - One Coin CD
  • Idoling!!! - ロデオマシーン Rodeo Machine - CD Regular Edition
  • Kyary Pamyu Pamyu  - ぱみゅぱみゅレボリューション PAMYUPAMYU Revolution - CD Only (Hong Kong Edition)
  • Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - ピカピカふぁんたじん Pika Pika Fantajin- CD Only (Australian Edition)
  • Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - KPP Best - 2CD Regular Edition
  • MAX - MAXIMUM
  • MAX - MAXIMUM PERFECT BEST - 3CD Edition
  • Momoiro Clover Z - ニッポン笑顔百景 Nippon Egao Hyakkei
  • NMB48 - てっぺんとったんで!Teppen Tottande - CD Only Theatre Edition
  • No Sleeves - ノースリーブス No Sleeves -  CD Only
  • SKE48 - この日のチャイムを忘れない Kono Hi no Chime wo Wasurenai - CD Only Regular Edition
  • スダンナユズユリー SudannaYuzuYully - OH BOY - CD Only
  • スダンナユズユリー SudannaYuzuYully - CALL ME NOW - CD Only

Korean Artists

No comments:

Post a Comment