Sunday 15 January 2023

My K-Pop Collection 2022

Originally I was planning on posting this collection post earlier this month but I got lucky and found two more CD's to add to my collection. I actually brought more K-Pop albums than I thought I would in 2022 and it was kind of fun! I used to enjoy getting albums so much before I got hardcore into collecting Japanese releases. Korean albums are always a joy to unbox as you get a good range of goodies and the albums are always gorgeous. Ended up picking up eight new additions to the collection during 2022 and I'll talk about those first.

Starting off with the lovely 1st Album from one of my favourite groups Orange Caramel. This Lipstick album was always hard to find and I never purchased it when it first got released as I wasn't buying albums back then. So for many years I could never find it for a decent price as I would always see it for like $100+! Eventually I found this copy on Yahoo Auctions and now it is part of my collection yay!


Let's talk about Red Velvet who has suddenly turned into my current obsession. I've found out I can get hold of Red Velvet albums quite easily through a local music store so I somehow ended up buying three in the last two months! Sorry the pictures are separate which is due to me taking the first photo with the Ice Cream Cake and a little later I brought Rookie and Red Summer. Also have Summer Magic on order but that one is taking longer to arrive. When I ordered the Ice Cream Cake one, I was so worried I would get sent the Automatic Version and I really wanted the Ice Cream Cake version. Luckily randomness was on my side! For Rookie, I got Irene as the cover which is nice but I would've preferred Yeri as she is my bias and I have heaps of her photocards.



A few individual CD's now starting with Cignature's 1st EP Album Listen and Speak. This is a group that I quite enjoy listening to and I picked up this album in particular as it had all their previous digital single releases on it. Good to see that the group is still together and is even releasing a new single soon! I can order their 2nd EP from my local store so maybe that is on the cards this year.


This Kep1er album always makes me laugh as I brought it random with no thought. I was quite sick when I placed a YesAsia order and thought why not order something cheap. Love this jewel case versions as they make it affordable to buy albums. I know a lot of K-Pop fans hate them but I'm a fan! Kep1er isn't a group I've listened too much and it is great to see them doing well in Japan. I've heard they are quite popular there and I need to give their Japanese songs a go!


Two last additions to the collection with Aespa and T-ARA. I brought the Girls mini album from JB HiFi as they were stocking it and I want to support K-Pop being sold in local stores. And just CDs in general as not many places sell them now. My store had all the versions but I went with this one which was titled the JB HiFi exclusive but is really the Target version just renamed for Australia. The other addition is a T-ARA mini album I got bundled with the Orange Caramel album. Seemed like a good deal as I do love T-ARA.



Now for the boring part which is just everything else in my K-Pop collection that was brought previously. I was thinking of getting some new TWICE albums but they were just a bit out of my price range of what I wanted to spend. For BLACKPINK, I really wanted to get their Born Pink album but it was super expensive! Like crazy expensive! Even with the discount I can get, it was still ridiculous. So sadly I let that one pass and it was alright because I didn't think the price justified the size of the photobook. I was looking at Rose's version in the store and it was tiny for a photobook. You usually get such big ones with BLACKPINK releases, like the How You Like That one was massive and I paid way less for that.




















2023 is definitely going to be my K-Pop year! Due to shipping price increases, it is no longer viable to import J-Pop albums sadly. So I've turned to increasing my K-Pop collection instead and it has been going wonderfully with all my Red Velvet purchases. Might aim for 10 new items this year and no clue what groups I want to focus on. Here is the full list as usual of my K-Pop Collection along with links to reviews:
  • Afterschool - 1st Album Virgin 
  • Afterschool - Happy Pledis The First Single Hazel Eyes
  • Afterschool - The 6th Maxi Single Cheot Sarang 첫사랑 (First Love) (Lizzy Version)
  • Aespa - 2nd Mini Album Girls (JB HiFi Exclusive Version)
  • AOA - 1st Album Angel's Knock (Taiwan Version A)
  • April - Single Album Vol 1 - Boing Boing
  • April - Single Album Vol 2 - MAYDAY
  • BLACKPINK- 1st Mini Album SQUARE UP (Pink Version)
  • BLACKPINK - 1st Mini Album SQUARE UP (Black Version)
  • BLACKPINK - 2nd Mini Album KILL THIS LOVE (Pink Version)
  • BLACKPINK - 2nd Mini Album KILL THIS LOVE (Black Version)
  • BLACKPINK - 1st Single How You Like That
  • BLACKPINK - 1st Album The Album (Standard CD Version)
  • Cignature - 1st EP Listen & Speak
  • CocoSori - Mini Album Volume 2 Mi Amor
  • Crayon Pop - 2nd Album Bing Bing
  • Crayon Pop - 4th Single Album Bar Bar Bar
  • Crayon Pop - Mini Album Streets Go Disco (Australian Version)
  • Crayon Pop - Single Album - Uh-Ee
  • Crayon Pop - 2015 Mini Album Volume 2 - FM
  • Crayon Pop - Evolution Pop_Vol.1
  • DreamNote - 1st Single Dreamlike
  • DreamNote - 2nd Single Dream:us
  • ELRIS - 3rd Mini Album - Summer Dream
  • Girls Generation - 2011 Girls Generation Tour (2CD + Photobook)
  • Girls Generation - 3rd Album The Boys (US Version)
  • Girls Generation - 3rd Album MR. TAXI (Repackage)
  • Girls Generation - 2nd Single Party
  • Hong Jin Young - Mini Album Vol 2 The Most Beautiful Moment In Life
  • Hong Jin Young - 1st Album Lots Of Love
  • I.O.I - Mini Album Volume 1 Chrysalis (Special Edition)
  • I.O.I - Single Album - Whatta Man
  • I.O.I - 2nd Mini Album - Miss Me?
  • KARA - 1st Album The First Bloooooming
  • KARA - Revolution
  • KARA - 1st Mini Album
  • KARA - 2nd Mini Album Pretty Girl
  • KARA - Pretty Girl (Special Edition)
  • Kep1er - 2nd Mini Album Doublast (B1ue Blast Jewel Case Version)
  • MOMOLAND - 1st Mini Album - Welcome To Momoland
  • MOMOLAND - 2nd Mini Album - Freeze!
  • MOMOLAND - 3rd Mini Album - Great!
  • MOMOLAND - 4th Mini Album - Fun To The World
  • MOMOLAND - 1st Special Album Starry Night
  • MyB - 2nd Single - 또또 DDODOO
  • NATURE - 1st Single Album 기분 좋아 Girls & Flowers
  • NATURE - 2nd Single Some & Love
  • Oh My Girl - 3rd Mini Album - Pink Ocean
  • Orange Caramel - 1st Album Lipstick
  • Orange Caramel - 2nd Mini Album
  • Orange Caramel - First Single Bangkok City
  • Orange Caramel - Second Single Shanghai Romance
  • Orange Caramel - The Third Single Catallena
  • Orange Caramel - The Fourth Single My Copycat/Do It Like Me
  • Pungdeng-E - 1st Album 풍뎅이 풍뎅이 Go! Pungeng-E Pungdeng-E Go
  • Pungdeng-E - 2nd Album 액션 풍뎅이 Action Pungdeng-E Go!
  • Pungdeng-E - 4th Album Stay
  • Red Velvet - Vol 1 - The Red
  • Red Velvet - 1st Mini Album Ice Cream Cake (Ice Cream Version)
  • Red Velvet - 4th Mini Album Rookie (Irene Version)
  • Red Velvet - 1st Summer Mini Album Red Summer
  • Strawberry Milk - The 1st Mini Album 
  • T-ARA - 7th Mini Album [Repackage] Mirage
  • T-ARA - Mini Album Volume 11 - So Good
  • TWICE - 5th Mini Album - What Is Love? (B Version)
  • TWICE - 7th Mini Album - Fancy You (C Version)
  • TWICE - 8th Mini Album - Feel Special (B Version)
  • TWICE - 9th Mini Album - More & More (B Version)
  • WJSN - 1st Album Happy Moment (Moment Version)
  • WJSN - 1st Mini Album - Would You Like?
  • WJSN- 4th Mini Album - Dream Your Dream (Peach φορευς Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment