Thursday 19 August 2021

Dreamnote 1st Single Dreamlike - Single Review

A new group has arrived to join the Marzipan Wonderland review club! This group is the wonderful Dreamnote who a K-Pop group debuted in 2018 and this post will look at their debut single Dreamlike. I quite enjoy this release so I thought it was a perfect one to share. And also because this single has a beautiful design and concept.

Dreamlike is the debut single from Dreamnote and was released in November 2018. It only comes in one version which is usual for smaller nugu groups like this and I love single version releases. I brought my copy from an authorised seller on ebay so that the sale would count towards the chart. I don't think I ever posted a haul for this as it was during 2020 when I got it and we all know what 2020 was like. Anyway the Dreamlike single comes with the following contents:

  • CD - 6 track single
  • 72 page photobook
  • 2 random photocards (9 in the set).


As I mentioned earlier, I love the aesthetic and design of this single. I'm a bit fan of anything pastel and gradient pastel tones have been something I've been into in recent years. Korean and Japanese releases with this colour scheme are always ones I'm drawn to. Another factor I adore about this release is the group photo on the cover! Can we normalise group photos on albums again? Like I'm over this trend of plain colour or logo front covers. Albums are expensive enough so give me a nice photo to display when I keep the album out. Everyone thinks plain covers are so artsy but I think it's just a cost cutting method sometimes. I enjoy originality and researching interesting album covers so it's always something I look for. With Dreamlike, you get a lovely photo of the group members on the front and a quirky photo on the back cover.


The interior of the single is just as beautiful as the exterior with the pastel design continuing. The photobook is placed on the right side and the CD is held in place on the left. Points for a stylish CD design which features a key design. Their 2nd Single Dream:us has the same design set in the colour scheme of that release. I like this attention to detail and if I could mount CD's safely on a wall for display, I would definitely choose this one!



Onto the photobook section now and it's a perfect photobook! You get 72 pages which is a good amount and features individuals member photos as well as unit and group photos. There are two photoshoot concepts over the course of the photobook and I have seriously hair envy at some of the members. I wish my hair looked that good everyday! The sport themed concept was my favourite and reminded me of how nice the cute concept is for girl groups. Can we bring it back as girl crush is all you really see for a lot of girl groups and cute or sporty outfits are always so fun! Makes me long for the 2nd and 3rd Generation days! The photobook is of excellent quality and apologies for the awkward photos. This type of book is always tricky to take photos of.




















Photocard time! There are 9 to collect for this single and you get 2 in each album. This is a good amount and I was lucky enough to get a group card! I do love group focused photocards as I don't collect photocards so I feel with group ones I don't feel down if I don't get my bias and they are lovely to display. I got Sumin for the member photocard and this card is a very nice selca one. Usually I'm not the biggest fan of Selca cards but this one looks very elegant and well photographed.



For a single album, you get a fair number of songs! Sometimes singles only have 2 tracks but Dreamlike has 4 songs plus two instrumentals. How spoilt are we? I decided to buy this single as I enjoyed all the songs on the CD. My favourite would be the title track Dream Note which is a upbeat fun song to sing along with. Fresh! Fresh! is another favourite and I'm even fond of the opening track. There's just so many good songs on this single and it was well worth the money. The track list for Dreamlike is as follows:
  1. 빛의 시작 dreamin'tro (In the Beginning)
  2. Dream Note
  3. 좋아하나봐 Like You
  4. Fresh! Fresh!
  5. Dream Note (Instrumental)
  6. 좋아하나봐 Like You (Instrumental)


Dreamnote's 1st single is well worth the purchase if you are a fan of the group or love fresh cute girl groups. I do have the group's 2nd single Dream:us as well which has a solid selection of tracks like this one. Haven't got the 3rd single yet and the group hasn't released a physical album since January 2020. The group does update their Instagram so that is good at least. Hopefully they will have a comeback soon and keep their girly image. The market is so saturated now so it's tough to break out and find a hit song to promote. I love having this single in my collection as it's one of the most perfectly designed!

No comments:

Post a Comment