Wednesday 4 August 2021

Style Boutique 2 Play Journal - Fashion Show Outfits Part 3

I've been talking about the 3DS with some friends recently and it reminded me of Style Boutique 2. So I thought it was the perfect excuse to post some more fashion show pictures from Fashion Forward! The first set of pictures makes me remember fond memories of the game. I remember these were some of the first photos I took in the game for the fashion shows. The first picture is honestly a smashing looking psychedelic themed outfit and how on earth did I make something look so good?!? The second picture is one of my favourite game screenshots ever and I use it quite often still! All the lively themed outfits look just like the typical April Bonbon styled outfits I would always make. I was so obsessed with these star cardigans from April Bonbon in Fashion Forward and I can't believe I used the same headband in multiple outfits. Guess I really liked it!







Sometimes I look back at outfits I created in old games and wonder what was I thinking? Take example the outfit below. I'm confused at why I thought this ice blue looked good? This girly/cute themed outfit was a go-to look for me in the game as I always paired these vests with the floral pants. Must've made this outfit hundreds of times. If I remade this outfit, I would change the hair colour to something a deeper blue to match the colour tone in the pants.



A few more pictures of various fashion show outfits and it really shows you how the fashion shows reuse the poses. Shouldn't of put two of the exact same pose next to each other haha. Styling Star would've been amazing if it included the fashion show feature. I guess the developers removed it as it didn't fit with the idol concept which I think is a shame as fashion shows were the heart of the Style Boutique series. Looking back now, it makes me a bit sad that the game went more towards the idol market which is pretty saturated already and threw out game features that increased the longevity of the game.






These were all failed outfits for fashion show guides on my Style Boutique 2 blog and didn't make the cut for a 5 star outfit. Took forever to find the perfect combination for each theme and looks like it took a few shots to get a gold star fun themed outfit. Plus you had to actually get to take part in the fashion show first off to even try out a new outfit! It was a nice challenge to figure out what elements worked for each outfit and the confusing task of guessing what make-up set fit the theme. To this day, I still have no clue how the hair and make-up contributed to the outfit. Looking back, all these hairstyles are terrible!






Aren't the Nintendo themed items adorable in Style Boutique? Fashion Forward easily had the best range and the best DLC. Well I mean Styling Star has zero DLC so that ain't hard to beat! The Yoshi hoodie is totally something I would see people obsessing over in real life. I'm proud of this cute Yoshi themed fun outfit and it looks super casual. This hairstyle matches the hoodie perfectly and can't forget the coloured glasses for a lively themed outfit! I used to chuck them onto every lively themed getup. I've had glasses like this style for years in real life and lately I've grown a bit tired of them. I feel they are too heavy now and I'm struggle to wear them nowadays combined with a mask. So I'm thinking of maybe getting something more lightweight and more mature when I head to the optometrist next.



More failed fashion show outfits now and of course there's a bunch more fun themed ones. I must've saved stacks of images of that particular themed. But looking at the outfits, it seemed like a guessing game to work out a winning combination. I am in love with the eastern styled outfit and this became one of my favourite looks in Fashion Forward. I had this outfit on my character for ages and was pretty much the only thing I wore from Kanokoi most of the time. It even carried over to Styling Star as a top eastern outfit. But I think it looks best in Fashion Forward and the hairstyle matches it perfectly!











Just going through the photos for this post makes me sad that fashion shows aren't in the series anymore. Styling Star just felt so empty without it and it would've been amazing if the developers expanded the competition aspect. Like more themes or better hints for outfits. Competing against other characters would be a nice throwback to the older games and would have a good challenge. Maybe they could've made like an idol costume challenge or something if they wanted to stick with the idol concept. I shall end this post with a classic goof from a fashion show where the effect gets in the way of the camera. Isn't that just typical?

No comments:

Post a Comment