Wednesday 23 January 2019

Pungdeng-E 4th Album 머물러줘 Stay - Album Review

I was listening to some Pungdeng-E songs this week, so I thought it would be nice to post another music review of the group. I got their 4th Album 머물러줘 Stay a while ago and seems like a good time to share the album. I had been after this album for a while and got it on sale on YesAsia which was super exciting!


Pungdeng-E's 4th Album 머물러줘 Stay
Stay is the 4th Album from the Korean group Pungdeng-E and was released in 2017. It is the most recent physical Korean release from the group and includes a number of tracks that have been previously released by the girls. The album is your standard K-Pop release design with a photobook and CD. The album comes with the following contents:

  • CD - 10 track album
  • Photobook

Front & back cover of 머물러줘 Stay
The front cover has a photo of the girls which I quite like. I'm always a fan of album covers with photos of the members. I find album covers with plain designs or logos a bit boring, I'd much rather have a photo. The current logo of the group is featured on the front cover which shows the beetle icon of the group. The one thing that amuses me about this album design is the way is says '4nd Album'. Like what? Such a strange error that even repeats on the spine and back cover. I actually noticed the other day that the spine of their Japanese single Stay says Tapy B. I laughed for ages when I noticed it. No clue why these bizarre spelling errors keep happening on Pungdeng-E releases. The back cover of the album lists the track listing and some production/copyright information about the album. The two new tracks from the group are highlighted as NEW with Stay being listed as the title track.




머물러줘 Stay is your typical K-Pop album design with the photobook stuck inside the album on the left side as usual. The CD is housed in a plastic casing which isn't the strongest. The punch clip part of mine was broken when it arrived. But I never have much luck with this style of holder with DVD cases and always have to swap them over at stores. The CD features the beetle logo of the group and has a similar colour aesthetic to the logo.





Photobook time! For the album, you get some fun photos of the girls in space themed locations. The paper of the photobook has a matte finish to it which is a nice touch. The photobook also has individual photos of the girls as well as thank yous. Lyrics and staffing credits are listed towards the end of the photobook. My favourite addition to the photobook are the prologue pages containing behind the scenes photos of the group. I thought this was a great idea and showcases the groups adventures in Korea as well as overseas.















Onto the song listing of the album. Stay contains 10 tracks with two of them being new releases and another two being the accompanying instrumentals. The other six tracks are re-releases of previous songs that were included on other Pungdeng-E albums. This was the main thing that kept me from buying this album for so long. I already owned a few of the tracks on the groups first Japanese album and wanted to wait until the album was a bit cheaper before I brought it. So naturally when I saw the album for only $4.99 USD on YesAsia, I grabbed it as soon as possible. I quite enjoyed the song 카마야또 Caramel Macchiato which I've posted a review of here! Always happy to have a re-release of 배추보쌈 Baechu Bossam because that song is a bop! Here is a photo of the track listing of the album:


Track listing of Stay.

Love having this album in my K-Pop collection as Pungdeng-E is one of main Korean groups I follow. I'd love to get their other Korean releases but they are quite hard to come across. I wish the group would bring out a new physical release either in Korea or Japan. It's been a while since their last one and the Japanese ones can be quite difficult to get hold of. I still haven't been able to find Type A of their Japanese single as of yet. Would love another Japanese album from the girls if possible as I'd love to hear Jaltang and Altang in Japanese more than anything. I got my copy of 머물러줘 Stay from YesAsia and the album is still available purchase from the site as well as on KpopMart. I've posted some reviews of the group's Japanese releases over on my Music Page if you would like find out more about the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment