Wednesday 19 December 2018

My J-Pop Collection 2018

Last year I posted a round-up of my Japanese Pop collection so it was only natural to do another round-up post for 2018. And boy did I get a lot of new additions to my J-Pop collection this year. 2018 was the first year I got into seriously collecting Japanese releases and managed to pick up quite a few items that were on the top of my wishlist. I'll be listing all the titles in my collection at the end of the post as that list is quite long and I want to get straight into the photos rather than text. I'm just posting photos of new additions to my collection and you can check out photos of items that aren't posted in the J-Pop Collection 2017 post. I'll also link all the reviews for J-Pop releases I've posted at the end. So here is my collection all together and my collection has grown quite a lot since last years photo.



The biggest haul for this year would have to be my Afterschool haul from Zenmarket. I picked up this amazing CD set from a seller in Japan of a bunch of Afterschool Japanese and Korean releases. With this set, I was able to complete the set of Bang!, Diva and Lady Luck/Dilly Dally. Plus I was able to get my hands on the Heaven Mu-Mo set which is quite rare. Here are all my Afterschool J-Pop singles and albums, not quite a complete collection yet but hopefully I'll get all their releases in the future.



Next is my favourite solo artist Dream Ami who released two new singles this year, Amaharu and Wonderland. Wonderland has my favourite design by far but I still love all her single and album designs. Considering how bad most E-girls designs were, Ami seems to get beautiful designs for her releases. Ami will be releasing a new single next year so looking forward to a new addition to the collection and I still need to pick up a copy of her album RE: Dream but I'm waiting to find one for a good price.



MOMOLAND was a group I got into this year and have quite a few releases from them both Korean and Japanese. So far the group has released two Japanese singles BBoom BBoom and BAAM and both have been amazing. For their Japanese releases, I have the First Press Limited Edition B CD+Photobook edition of BBoom BBoom and the First Press regular CD edition of BAAM. Hoping the group brings out more Japanese releases in 2019 and hopefully a full album.



Found a copy of Pungdeng-E's 1st Japanese single 側にいて Stay in Type B a few months back and it was a lucky find. I am yet to find the Type A edition yet which is understandable considering how long it took to find the Type B edition. Here are my two Japanese releases from the group and even though the group performs a lot in Japan, they haven't brought out any new releases for a long time. Which is a shame, I'd love to see some new content from the girls.




Here is another amazing CD set I got this year and that's my AOA set. I got this set (minus the RUNWAY album) from the same seller as the Afterschool set. I was happy to get four editions of 胸キュン Mune Kyun in the same set because I was after these editions. Only missing the member editions which I'm not rushing to collect for a long time. In the same set I also got Type A CD+DVD of 愛をちょうだい Ai Wo Choudai (Give Me Love feat. TAKANORI NISHIKAWA (T.M.Revolution) which I love and all the singles are pictured with their RUNWAY album which I had already.



The only new addition to my Crayon Pop collection Japanese release wise this year was the Pop In Japan DVD. I have been after this DVD for years and it came on sale on YesAsia this year. So I grabbed it as soon as possible and it was worth what I paid for it. I wouldn't of paid the original retail price of it as it is normally quite expensive and you don't get a huge amount of content.



Still going strong on completing my KARA Collection. I finally picked up the last album I needed from the group which was ファンタスティックガールズ Fantastic Girls and I was over the moon to get a unopened copy of the Type A CD+DVD+GOODS edition. Also picked up a few singles and a live DVD from the group as well. 2019 will be the year I try to complete my KARA Collection as it's been something on my wishlist to do for a long time. They were the first group to get me into K-Pop and J-Pop and I just love all their releases.



Now let's talk about E-girls and how they are the best group ever! Seriously I love E-girls, I can always listen to their songs and E.G. Crazy is my number one favourite album of all time. I was extremely lucky this year to get so many releases from them thanks to Zenmarket. I can't believe I was able to find the Limited Edition editions of some of their albums for such a great price and in great condition! My E-girls collection is nowhere near complete though and there's a few more CD Only editions I'd like to get next year and maybe focus on other editions of the releases later on.



スダンナユズユリー SudannaYuzuYully is a sub-unit of E-girls and I brought two releases from them this year. From YesAsia I got the CD Only editions of OH BOY and CALL ME NOW. The group will be releasing a new single early next year but no clue if it will have a physical release. I read digital only at the moment which is a bit boring but at least we are getting new stuff from them as well as Happiness.



FLOWER is another group that is part of E-girls and not a group I'm a huge fan of, but ended up with this releases from the group as part of a E-girls order. Two of the CD's are the standard CD Only but the others are Limited ones. They are in the sleeve covers as the seller didn't include the jewel cases and I need to buy single jewel cases for them. I do love the design of Flower's releases though, they are always gorgeous.



So here are all the singles, albums and DVD's in my J-Pop Collection as of 2018. I have linked any reviews I've posted of releases as well.
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Playgirlz - CD Only
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Playgirlz - CD+DVD MV Edition
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Dress To Kill - CD+DVD+Photobook (Taiwan First Press Limited Edition)
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Bang! - CD+DVD Type A
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Bang! - CD+DVD Type B
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Bang! - Type C CD Only
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Diva - CD+DVD Type A
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Diva - CD+DVD Type B
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Diva - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • AFTERSCHHOL - Rambling Girls/Because Of You - CD+DVD Because Edition
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Rambling Girls/Because Of You - CD Only
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Lady Luck/Dilly Dally - CD+DVD MV Edition
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Lady Luck/Dilly Dally - CD+DVD Live Edition
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Lady Luck/Dilly Dally - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Heaven - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Heaven - CD+DVD
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Heaven -Mu-Mo 8CD Set
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Shh - CD+DVD
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Shh - CD Only
  • AOA - 胸キュン Mune Kyun - CD+DVD Sexy Edition Type A
  • AOA - 胸キュン Mune Kyun - CD+Photobook Sexy Edition Type B
  • AOA - 胸キュン Mune Kyun - CD+DVD Cutie Edition Type A
  • AOA - 胸キュン Mune Kyun - CD+Photobook Cutie Edition Type B
  • AOA - 愛をちょうだい Ai Wo Choudai (Give Me Love feat. TAKANORI NISHIKAWA (T.M.Revolution) - CD+DVD Type A
  • AOA - RUNWAY - Type C CD+DVD (Taiwan First Press Limited Edition)
  • CocoSori - 愛しのマーメイド Itoshi no Mermaid - CD Type B
  • Crayon Pop - ラリルレ RaRiRuRe - CD+DVD (First Press Limited Edition)
  • Crayon Pop - Dancing All Night - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • Crayon Pop - Crayon Pop - CD+DVD (First Press Limited Edition)
  • Crayon Pop - Pop!Pop!Pop! - CD+DVD (First Press Limited Edition)
  • Crayon Pop - Pop In Japan DVD
  • Dream Ami - ドレスを脱いだシンデレラ Dress wo Nuida Cinderella - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - トライ・エヴリシング Try Everything - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - 好きだって言って Lovefool - Sukidatte Itte - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - 君のとなり Kimi no Tonari - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - アマハル Amaharu - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - Wonderland - CD Only
  • E-girls - Lesson 1 - CD+DVD+Photobook (Taiwan Limited Edition)
  • E-girls - E.G. Time - CD+DVD (Taiwan Edition)
  • E-girls - E.G. Time - 2CD+3DVD+Photobook
  • E-girls - E.G. SMILE - E-girls Best - 2CD+3DVD-Photobook
  • E-girls - E.G. Crazy - 2CD+3DVD+Photobook
  • E-girls - THE NEVER ENDING STORY - CD Only
  • E-girls - CANDY SMILE - CD Only
  • E-girls - ごめんなさいのKissing You - CD Only
  • E-girls - クルクル Kurukuru - CD Only
  • E-girls - Diamond Only - CD Only
  • E-girls - E.G. Anthem ~ WE ARE VENUS~ - CD Only
  • E-girls - おどるポンポコリン Odoru Ponpokorin - CD Only
  • E-girls - Highschool♡Love - CD Only
  • E-girls - Mr. Snowman - CD Only
  • E-girls - Anniversay!! - CD Only
  • E-girls - Dance Dance Dance - CD Only
  • E-girls - MerryxMerry Xmas ★ - CD Only
  • E-girls - EG summer RIDER - CD Only
  • E-girls - Pink Champagne - CD Only
  • E-girls - Go! Go! Let's Go!
  • Flower - リグレット SAKURA Regret - CD Only
  • Flower - ワスレナグサ  forget-me-not ~Wasurenagusa~ - CD Only
  • Flower - 熱帯魚の涙 Nettaigyo no Namida  - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - 秋風のアンサ Akikaze no Answer  - LImtied CD Pressing
  • Flower - ~ さよなら、アリス / TOMORROW ~しあわせの法則~ - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - Blue Sky Blue - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - 瞳の奥の銀河 Hitomi no Oku no Milky Way - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - やさしさで溢れるように Yasashisa de Afureru You ni - One Coin CD
  • KARA - ガールズトーク Girls Talk - CD Only Type C (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - スーパーガール Super Girl - CD Only Type C (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - スーパーガール Super Girl - CD+DVD Type A (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - ガールズ フォーエバー Girls Forever - CD+DVD Type A (Taiwan Edition)
  • KARA - ファンタスティックガールズ Fantastic Girls - CD+DVD+GOODS Type A
  • KARA - ガールズストーリー Girl's Story - CD+DVD Type B (Taiwan First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - Best Girls - 2CD Type C (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - ジャンピン Jumping - CD+DVD
  • KARA - ジェットコースターラブ Jet Coaster Love - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - スピード アップ / ガールズ パワー Speed Up/Girls Power - CD+DVD Type B
  • KARA - バイバイ ハッピーデイズ!Bye Bye Happy Days! - CD+DVD Type A
  • KARA - サンキュー サマーラブ Thank You Summer Love - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - Mamma Mia! - CD+DVD Type A (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - The 3rd Japan Tour 2014 Karasia 2DVD Limited Edition
  • Kyary Pamyu Pamyu  - ぱみゅぱみゅレボリューション PAMYUPAMYU Revolution - CD Only (Hong Kong Edition)
  • Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - ピカピカふぁんたじん Pika Pika Fantajin- CD Only (Australian Edition)
  • MOMOLAND - BBoom BBoom - CD+Photobook Limited Edition B (First Press)
  • MOMOLAND - BAAM - Regular CD Only (First Press)
  • Pungdeng-E - Pungdeng-E 1st Japanese Album Ppi Ppi Ppa Ppa
  • Pungdeng-E - Japan 1st Single 側にいて Stay - CD Type B
  • Orange Caramel - ラムのラブソング Lipstick/Lum no Love Song - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • Orange Caramel - やさしい悪魔 Yasashii Akuma - CD+Photobook (Taiwan Edition)
  • Orange Caramel - ORANGE CARAMEL - CD+DVD (Hong Kong Edition)
  • スダンナユズユリー SudannaYuzuYully - OH BOY - CD Only
  • スダンナユズユリー SudannaYuzuYully - CALL ME NOW - CD Only



Looking back on my wishlist for 2018 from my previous collection post, I managed to pick up a few items off it. I got 3 E-girls releases I was after, the CD Only of Shh from AFTERSCHOOL and ファンタスティックガールズ Fantastic Girls from KARA but in a different edition than the one I originally was after. In 2019, there is a long list of Japanese releases I'd like to get (ones that are currently released, not counting new releases not yet announced). So here's the key releases I'd like to collect:
  • E-girls - Colorful Pop CD+DVD+Photobook - The main reason I didn't get this in 2018 was that I was waiting in case I brought a set of E-girls albums with it in it.
  • E-girls - All the CD Only singles I'm missing which is 7 at the moment.
  • E-girls - E.G. 11 - If I can find the 2CD+2DVD edition cheap.
  • Orange Caramel - やさしい悪魔 Yasashii Akuma CD Only - Mainly want this for the instrumentals.
  • KARA - Any releases from them but I'm mainly after エレクトリックボーイ Electric Boy and サマー☆ジック / Sunshine Miracle / SUNNY DAYS.
  • AOA - Like A Cat - All editions but mainly the CD+Photobook Type B.
  • CLC - Chamisma and High Heels - These are releases I've wanted to collect for years but never seriously thought about it.
  • MOMOLAND - BAAM - Type A and B as I'm missing those and want to complete the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment