Wednesday 5 December 2018

MOMOLAND BAAM (Japanese Version) - Single Review (Regular CD Edition)

MOMOLAND released their second Japanese single BAAM last month and I recently received my copy of the single in the mail. I ended up getting just the regular CD edition as the other two versions where a tad out of the price range for the moment. The other editions are stunning though so I will be picking them up in the future. Anyway for now, let's take a look at BAAM from MOMOLAND!

MOMOLAND's second Japanese second BAAM (Regular CD Edition)

BAAM is the second Japanese single from K-Pop group MOMOLAND and was released in November 2018. The single comes in three editions: Limited Edition A CD+DVD, Limited Edition B CD+DVD+Sticker and a Regular CD Edition. No photocards are included in the single, but you do receive a special one if your purchase the single from certain retailers and online stores in Japan. The regular CD edition inlcudes the following contents:

  • CD- 4 Track Album
  • Jewel Case
  • OBI Strip
  • Lyrics booklet
  • Event Ticket (First Press Only)
  • SOLE FURY x MOMOLAND promo flyer

MOMOLAND Event Ticket & SOLE FURY x MOMOLAND promo flyer

All editions of the single come in the standard jewel case. Now I don't mind these types of releases but the groups previous Japanese release BBoom BBoom had a photobook version. I've posted a review of that edition here and I was hoping the group would continue with the same format for their future Japanese releases but they did not. A photobook edition would've been amazing as I love the outfits the group wears on all the single covers. I'm the kinda person who likes consistent album designs for releases so that the collection has a theme to it. Say for example, Orange Caramel used the same sized album designs for their Korean releases or KARA always had the jewel cases for their Japanese singles. It's sound fussy I know, but I like to have my collection looking streamlined and not all over the place size wise.

The design of the regular CD edition is quite cute and has the girls in striped themed outfits sitting around a globe on the front cover. The back photo for me though is way better and I personally would've put it on the front instead. The background is a tangerine kinda colour and keeps reminding me of Streets Go Disco from Crayon Pop which I have in the Australian jewel case release.

Front Cover of the Regular CD Edition of BAAM

Front Cover of the Regular CD Edition of BAAM

Back Cover of the Regular CD Edition of BAAM

Back Cover of the Regular CD Edition of BAAM


Front and Back covers of the Regular CD Edition of BAAM

Inside the jewel case, you'll find the CD and lyrics booklet. The CD is a similar colour tone to the single design and has the groups logo and song title on it. Kinda plain but gets the point across. The lyrics booklet contains a list of group members, production credits and lyrics to the two songs on the album.

BAAM CD





The OBI strip was included of course which is pretty standard for Japanese releases that are the standard jewel case or photobook editions. I absoutely love OBI strips as I find them an great addition to releases and like seeing what information the companies print on them. Usually they have information on release dates, editions, prices or DVD information. Inside the lyrics booklet, I had an event ticket as I got a First Press edition and this is just for Japan only. There was also a promo flyer for SOLE FURY who the group is collaborating with in Japan. They seem like pretty groovy sneakers and I'd totally wear them.

OBI Strip of the Regular CD Edition of BAAM

SOLE FURY x MOMOLAND promo flyer

SOLE FURY x MOMOLAND promo flyer

Time for a quick review of the songs on the album! BAAM is my number one fave song from MOMOLAND so I was excited for a Japanese version. It's quite good, but I prefer the Korean one honestly. Probably because I'm so used to the sound of it and the lyrics match perfectly to the Korean version. Another top notch release from the group however and I always welcome more versions of BAAM to come into existence. The other main song on the album is the Japanese version of Only One You which is nice but I'm not really into slow songs. I would've preferred Very Very as that's my second favourite song on Fun To The World. No new Japanese songs from the group yet, companies get a bit lazy sometimes and just push out Japanese version of Korean songs instead of creating new tracks for Japan. One release I particularly liked was After School's debut Japanese single Bang as it not only had the Japanese of Bang (which is one of my top songs every by the way), but it also had a new song Super Sexy which matched the feel of Bang but was brand new for the Japanese market. The other two tracks of the album are just the instrumentals for the songs which is great as I'm all about instrumentals.

Track listing for BAAM

Here are the covers for the Limited Edition A CD+DVD and Limited Edition B CD+DVD+Sticker editions of BAAM. Love both of these, especially the A edition where the girls have these cute bumble bee style outfits on. Also all the hairstyles are amazing, can I please have JooE's? Daisy looks really nice with her hair down, I wish she'd wear her hair like that more often.

MOMOLAND - BAAM Limited Edition A CD+DVD

MOMOLAND - BAAM Limited Edition B CD+DVD+Sticker

So that's all for my review of MOMOLAND's BAAM. I was so excited to add this one to my collection and let's all hope for a photobook edition of their next single or even possibly a new song! I'm wondering who many singles they'll release before an album, three to four seems like the normal amount for most groups before an album is announced. I got my copy of BAAM from YesAsia of course. Would've liked to have gotten it from Amazon Japan for the photo card bonus but they are not shipping to Australia anymore. I think CD Japan had them, but I still haven't tried them out yet. Here are the MV and dance version for the Japanese version of BAAM for your viewing pleasure.





No comments:

Post a Comment