Monday 5 March 2018

Style Boutique 3 Play Journal: Building My Collection

I've been playing a fair bit of Style Boutique 3: Styling Star lately. I've set out a plan to collect all the clothing and accessory items in the game. It's going well so far with not many items to buy at most brands. I'm focusing on all brands except Purple Moon, Enid Chen and ARIANNA at the moment. Basically I'm leaving out the expensive ones so I can save up a whole heap of money, start at a certain point of the in-game clock (i.e. when the new year rolls around) and just buy all the items during the course of one year. I've got a few bits and pieces from Enid Chen and ARIANNA but I'm going to complete that collection the same time I do Purple Moon once I have a huge amount of money in game. Speaking of money, check out this jackpot I hit with a chic customer! $11,130 is very helpful for my project!


Jackpot!

With the miniature items, I've been trying to collect most of them from the Lifestyle Shop. I think I'll work on building that collection when I start the year cycle with Purple Moon. I think I have all the items from the Florist and Cake Shop as I rarely see new ones I don't own.

Anyway, enough talk about collections. I've noticed something about the game that has really annoyed me. When I hit about summer in the game, I noticed the story lines started repeating. I've had that Hafsa girl return who gets that job and wants to copy her workmates style. Then I had the insect girl one then Elise with the photo shoot. The one about Molly has repeated as well. I've actually been ignoring them now as I have no interest in them and I miss the old story lines from Fashion Forward with the Five Sisters. I think Styling Star is pretty boring content wise and once you finish the main story line, there are only a few unique scenes with siblings of main characters and that's it. I haven't had anything unique happen for a while.


Why do storylines have to repeat themselves, it's so boring!

I've made some outfits recently for customers that I was quite happy with. Both were Baby-Doll themed ones and I thought they turned out super cute!





Also made up some mannequin outfits that I was proud of. I hate that you can't take closer pictures of the window display so you could see the outfit up close. One was a cute Baby-Doll look and the other a Gothic look.




On the topic of Baby-Doll outfits, I have to say this customer has the cutest outfit I've seen in the game so far. I was so upset about having to mess with her coord by giving her a new item. I don't recall what she requested, I think it was a bag or something. It ended up slightly matching but I don't believe she is wearing this outfit nowadays.


So adorable!

Lastly one of my favourite bags from the previous game has returned! It is the Striped Rose Bag from Raven Candle and the design is just stunning. I love the colours and the pattern. How I wish this was a real bag that I could buy as it's just gorgeous. The other colour styles of this bag are also beautiful and I just think it's one of the best design items in the game.



No comments:

Post a Comment